Prospect Info: 2015-16 Prospects and Marlies - Brown injured!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
Modo is supposedly very good at developing talent just bad at winning hockey games.

They are good at identifying talent (scouting) and giving them playing time in U18 & U20 teams, but when it comes to the men's team, all their youngsters struggled a lot (outside of nylander)

BTW, don't be surprised if we draft players from their U18 team. Some names to remember (WILLIAM ERIKSSON, AUGUST NILSSON, JAKOB STENQVIST)

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
My god, if the leafs haven't done so already, they need to lock Hunter into a contract as long as Babcock's, or even longer. You can't help but think this guy will eventually find us a Jamie Benn type of player somewhere in the next few drafts.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
soon as the fan base see this... he automatically will be considered the next Lindstrom :laugh::laugh::laugh:

if you want to get excited, all his league stats compare very well to Karlsson's at the same ages.

though Lindgren hasn't been nearly as good in international tourneys as Karlsson was at that point.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Bracco's seriously gotta work on the wheels, a guy his size isn't seeing NHL time unless they're quicker than average.

people wrongly gave the wellwood comp to Timashov, but it might actually fit with Bracco.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
In their 1st post draft-eligible year:

Marner 2.00
Timashov 1.86
Kadri 1.66

Kozun 1.50
Dzierkals 1.41
McKegg 1.39
Holland 1.34
Bracco 1.30

Nitpicking, but Timashov & Kadri are both late birthdays, so their draft+1 years are equivalent to the others' draft+2. Just something to keep in mind, since quite a few players are able to put up big numbers in their final year of junior.

Jesper Lindgren back to playing in the U20 swedish league. today, he had a 1+3 game

Frankly, he is too good for this league, but Modo's senior team have bad coaches. I hope we can bring him to the marlies mid season

Do you think he would benefit from being loaned to an Allsvenskan team? Maybe some place that is better for developing than Modo?

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
Do you think he would benefit from being loaned to an Allsvenskan team? Maybe some place that is better for developing than Modo?

Maybe, he needs playing time to work on his defensive weaknesses. He is a pretty dynamique skater (yes ala karlson, style-wise)

Maybe he has to dominate at the swedish U20 to work himself up the WJC roster

91Kadri91*

Nitpicking, but Timashov & Kadri are both late birthdays, so their draft+1 years are equivalent to the others' draft+2. Just something to keep in mind, since quite a few players are able to put up big numbers in their final year of junior.

While it's fair to say that Timashov has had an extra development year compared to other (not all) prospects in the 2015 draft class, it's also worth noting that this is only Timashov's second year in the Q (Kadri's draft+1 season was his fourth in the O).

mikebel111*

Nice pass from Leipsic on that Brennan goal.

What has been your opinion on Leipsic this season so far?

I think your one of the better and accurate player evaluators here which is why I am asking:)

91Kadri91*

What has been your opinion on Leipsic this season so far?

I think your one of the better and accurate player evaluators here which is why I am asking:)

I love the way he plays: great vision and hands, can weave through traffic, looks for exits/entries (doesn't just surrender possession), very quick feet (although not great end-to-end speed), and he's always looking to obtain possession when he doesn't have it.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned about his size, though. I'm fine with (often prefer) small players, but Leipsic makes small players look big. That's not to say he won't be an NHL player; I think he will be, and I think he should be, but I do think it limits his potential. I hope I'm wrong about that, though, because I do believe he has the skill to be a Marchand/Gallagher type player (two very good, and very underrated, players who aren't very big).

mikebel111*

I love the way he plays: great vision and hands, can weave through traffic, looks for exits/entries (doesn't just surrender possession), very quick feet (although not great end-to-end speed), and he's always looking to obtain possession when he doesn't have it.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned about his size, though. I'm fine with (often prefer) small players, but Leipsic makes small players look big. That's not to say he won't be an NHL player; I think he will be, and I think he should be, but I do think it limits his potential. I hope I'm wrong about that, though, because I do believe he has the skill to be a Marchand/Gallagher type player (two very good, and very underrated, players who aren't very big).

Solid analysis and agree with all of it!

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

+2 :)

91Kadri91*

Nylander's playing on the 2nd PK unit.

And he scores! (not on the PK, at ES)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad