Prospect Info: 2015-16 Prospects and Marlies - Brown injured!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Player|Age|Position|Team|Games Played|Goals|Assists|Points|PIM|+/-
AHL/ECHL||||||||
Casey Bailey|23|F|Toronto Marlies|1|0|0|0|0|-1
Connor Brown|21|F|Toronto Marlies|5|0|5|5|2|+1
Sam Carrick|23|F|Toronto Marlies|5|1|1|2|10|+2
Frederik Gauthier|20|F|Toronto Marlies|4|0|1|1|0|+2
Petter Granberg|23|D|Toronto Marlies|0|0|0|0|0|0
Zack Hyman|23|F|Toronto Marlies|5|0|2|2|0|-1
Kasperi Kapanen|19|F|Toronto Marlies|3|2|0|2|0|+2
Brendan Leipsic|21|F|Toronto Marlies|5|0|3|3|2|+4
Joshua Leivo|22|F|Toronto Marlies|5|1|2|3|2|+2
Viktor Loov|22|D|Toronto Marlies|5|0|2|2|4|+4
William Nylander|19|F|Toronto Marlies|5|3|3|6|0|+3
Stuart Percy|22|D|Toronto Marlies|4|0|2|2|2|-2
Ryan Rupert|21|F|Toronto Marlies|2|1|0|1|1|+2
Nikita Soshnikov|21|F|Toronto Marlies|5|1|1|2|0|+1
Rinat Valiev|20|D|Toronto Marlies|5|0|0|0|2|+3
QMJHL||||||||
Cody Donaghey|19|D|Halifax|4|0|1|1|2|0
Martins Dzierkals|18|F|Rouyn-Noranda|12|9|10|19|8|+6
Dmytro Timashov|18|F|Quebec|11|5|12|17|12|+1
OHL||||||||
Travis Dermott|18|D|Erie Otters|10|0|5|5|10|+8
Stephen Desrocher|19|D|Oshawa|14|4|6|10|6|-3
Nikita Korostelev|18|F|Sarnia|12|2|9|11|5|+2
Mitch Marner|18|F|London Knights|8|5|6|11|18|+7
John Piccinich|19|F|London Knights|8|8|6|14|5|+8
WHL||||||||
Andrew Nielsen|18|D|Lethbridge|9|4|6|10|32|+10
NCAA||||||||
Jeremy Bracco|18|F (FR)|Boston College|1|0|0|0|0|0
Tony Cameranesi|22|F (SR)|Minnesota-Duluth|1|0|1|1|0|+1
Dakota Joshua|19|F (FR)|Ohio State|0|0|0|0|0|0
Dominic Toninato|21|F (JR)|Minnesota-Duluth|1|0|0|0|2|-2
Nolan Vesey|20|F (SO)|Maine|2|0|0|0|0|0
EUROPE||||||||
Peirre Engvall|19|F|Mora (Allsvenskan)|10|2|2|4|2|+3
Fabrice Herzog|20|F|ZSC (NLA)|11|2|6|8|18|+4
Andreas Johnson|20|F|Frolunda (SHL)|8|4|3|7|4|-2
Jesper Lindgren|18|D|MODO (SHL)|8|0|0|0|0|-6

Player|Age|Position|Team|Games Played|.SVV%|GAA
Antoine Bibeau|21|G|Toronto Marlies (AHL)|1|.875%|3.00
Garret Sparks|22|G|Toronto Marlies (AHL)|1|.931%|1.95

NCAA and European prosects not updated.

Last edited by a moderator:

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Canucks fan coming in peace....
Wondering what's happening to Corrado? From what I can tell he finished his conditioning stint on the 5th and has been a healthy scratch the last 3 games. But he's not listed on the Leafs roster. Is there more to it than that (injury?) or is it just that he's waiting for a coach's decision?

According to Paul Hendricks he is on the ice with the team in Nashville.

Last edited:

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Please find me one post that has said he is selfish or lazy. Just one. Please.

He may be referring to a lot of the talk going into the draft when those were concerns from teams/scouts about Nylander. I think he's putting all of that BS to rest.

mikebel111*

He may be referring to a lot of the talk going into the draft when those were concerns from teams/scouts about Nylander. I think he's putting all of that BS to rest.

This exactly!

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
Does anyone think Marner has the potential to be impactful as say, a Seguin? Button sure think highly of him.

Depends... Will there be a Jamie Benn caliber of player to play along with him? If so I'd say Yup. If not probably not.

As much as people like to use the term about great players make line mates better the truth is line mates make great players better...

Line mates matter more so for that star caliber player that get's placed on pedestals then people like to accept. Just about all of them in the top 10 in points & goals have a great player even 2-3 more with them on the same team. Truth be told I've only seen 2 players that were capable of making line mates better regardless of the caliber player with them and be in the top of the league in scoring. Gretzky & Lemieux.... We've seen a lot of 1 man shows like Kessel & Sundin with the Leafs. In fact the last time we actually had 2 high caliber players on one line was Gilmour & Anderchyuck and people wonder why we've been pretenders?

Everybody else who ends up in the race of scoring tittles all have great players with them to pad those stats along. Great players play better with great players. So I hope they don't rest on the morals give Marner the Kadri treatment for 6 years and nobody justifiably to play with him and expect him to be an upper echelon point producer because that wont happen.

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
Depends... Will there be a Jamie Benn caliber of player to play along with him? If so I'd say Yup. If not probably not.

As much as people like to use the term about great players make line mates better the truth is line mates make great players better...

Line mates matter more so for that star caliber player that get's placed on pedestals then people like to accept. Just about all of them in the top 10 in points & goals have a great player even 2-3 more with them on the same team. Truth be told I've only seen 2 players that were capable of making line mates better regardless of the caliber player with them and be in the top of the league in scoring. Gretzky & Lemieux.... We've seen a lot of 1 man shows like Kessel & Sundin with the Leafs. In fact the last time we actually had 2 high caliber players on one line was Gilmour & Anderchyuck and people wonder why we've been pretenders?

Everybody else who ends up in the race of scoring tittles all have great players with them to pad those stats along. Great players play better with great players. So I hope they don't rest on the morals give Marner the Kadri treatment for 6 years and nobody justifiably to play with him and expect him to be an upper echelon point producer because that wont happen.

Yes there will be.

i

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
Yes there will be.

i

Maybe. Maybe not on the same line though... We'll see. There's no denying the talent level of either Marner or Nylander but both will require a batman to go along with a batman per say to reach the level of production that Seguin is on. If that's the two together as a dynamic duo fabulous... That just means one will be a winger who will that be?

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
Maybe. Maybe not on the same line though... We'll see. There's no denying the talent level of either Marner or Nylander but both will require a batman to go along with a batman per say to reach the level of production that Seguin is on. If that's the two together as a dynamic duo fabulous... That just means one will be a winger who will that be?
Probably Marner

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014

I think it goes both ways a guy like Marner is so creative and can find anybody on the ice and make his linemates better. But sometimes your linemates have to be good enough to finish the play. If the leafs dtafted a guy like Tkachuk or Laine to be a finisher on a line with Nylander and Marner it could be a beautiful thing!

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Just realized that Marners Dad follows me on my twitter account dedicated to tweeting about the Leafs :laugh:

It also appears he followed me before the draft. I guess we could have had an inside scope if I realized that before the draft haha

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
They have scored nearly four goals a game – leading the American Hockey League with 51 – and have one of the best records so far (10-3-0). They have the AHL’s highest-scoring young player (19-year-old William Nylander), the top-scoring defenceman (T.J. Brennan) and a promising young netminder (Garret Sparks).

And they are doing it all while serving as a sort of organizational science experiment that’s being led by Maple Leafs assistant general manager Kyle Dubas.

The Marlies, you see, don’t have a well-balanced roster. The players are almost all young. Almost all are under 200 pounds. And they are almost all quick, puck-moving types who excel in and execute Babcock’s system, albeit in a league down from the NHL.“You always worry,†Dubas said. “You never want your players in a situation where they would be bullied or intimidated or physically manhandled. You never really know until you go through it. They’ve kind of answered the question that people had about them.â€

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...4639/?cmpid=rss1&click=dlvr.it&service=mobile

The Marlies experiment and the Babcock influence.

But Dubas and Keefe are also encouraged by enormous strides taken by others such as Frederik Gauthier, Nikita Soshnikov and Justin Holl, who are outperforming expectations early.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Gauthier looks very very comfortable playing in the pros.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
26. The other strange one was how little Russia used Nikita Zaitsev, the free-agent-defenceman-to-be. “We were hoping to see more of him,” the above scout mentioned. Another noted the Russians used Boston pick Maxim Chudinov more than Zaitsev. Chudinov’s been loyal to the KHL and Zaitsev is leaving, which could be a big factor. By the way, everyone’s convinced he’s is going to Toronto. If someone wants to take the field, there’s money to be won.

Felt like this could fit in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad