Prospect Info: 2015-16 Calgary Flames Prospect Stats & Discussion Thread (CHL, NCAA & Europe)

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
He's a 1996 birthday so he will be 20 by CHL standards, but 19 by NHL standards. He will be AHL eligible as a result and if he plays 9 or fewer NHL games his contract will slide like Poirier's did last year.

Thanks! We really need to clear a couple D spots on Stockton. Will be interesting to see what the decisions are made during the offseason. With Kulak, Culkin, Kylington, Andersson, Kanzig, Wotherspoon, Morrison among others how are they going to get everyone the playing time? Is Hickey going to go back to school or come to the A next yer?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Thanks! We really need to clear a couple D spots on Stockton. Will be interesting to see what the decisions are made during the offseason. With Kulak, Culkin, Kylington, Andersson, Kanzig, Wotherspoon, Morrison among others how are they going to get everyone the playing time? Is Hickey going to go back to school or come to the A next yer?
People say this every year and every year we end up signing some ECHL scrubs to fill in, an AHL team will us 8-9 defensemen regularly because of injury/illness/recall/suspension. The Heat have had 15 different defensemen play for them this year, 8 of them playing 20+ games.

Hickey should stay in the NCAA for at least 1 more year. But you should also add John Gilmour to your list, he IMO deserves a contract. I'd like to see Stevenson & Johnson walk this summer and have a group of:

Wotherspoon - Kulak
Sieloff - Andersson
Kylington - Kanzig
Morrison, Culkin, Gilmour

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
People say this every year and every year we end up signing some ECHL scrubs to fill in, an AHL team will us 8-9 defensemen regularly because of injury/illness/recall/suspension. The Heat have had 15 different defensemen play for them this year, 8 of them playing 20+ games.

Hickey should stay in the NCAA for at least 1 more year. But you should also add John Gilmour to your list, he IMO deserves a contract. I'd like to see Stevenson & Johnson walk this summer and have a group of:

Wotherspoon - Kulak
Sieloff - Andersson
Kylington - Kanzig
Morrison, Culkin, Gilmour

That looks decent to me. Hopefully Andersson and Kylington get a shot at Swedens WJC next year.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
That looks decent to me. Hopefully Andersson and Kylington get a shot at Swedens WJC next year.
Andersson will be too old, WJC uses the same ages as the CHL. Andersson turns 20 before Jan. 1, so he is ineligible.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I know we already have a lot of guys competing for D spots on the farm, but I'd like to see Raffy come over so we can see what we have in him.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Do you have an info on how he played?

Pretty solid, but that's something what you expect in junior league from someone, who spent two seasons playing with men.

Thanks for the info, but honestly I think by now most of us do not expect him to ever come to North America

You're pretty quick to give up the hope - for example, Isles waited for Kirill Petrov for 8 years. It didn't work out when he finally came over though, but that's a different story. :)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
You're pretty quick to give up the hope - for example, Isles waited for Kirill Petrov for 8 years. It didn't work out when he finally came over though, but that's a different story. :)
He keeps having "passport/visa issues" when prospect camp comes around, he also has another 1-2 years left on his contract there, that's 5 years and IIRC we lose his rights after 4 years.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Andersson OHL first team all-star. Mangiapane second team all star. :yo::handclap:

Also, Serg was first team, Chychrun was second team, Juolevi was 3rd team... Interesting.

Edit: Nylander was third team, the Knights top line was all first team.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Looks like we got the next Gronkowski... Sadly I also dance like that. The ladies simply can't resist.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
Kylington left off Sweden's summer camp roster for WJC...

Not overly surprised. Swedish international hockey seems to have a hate on for young guys that come to NA. And they seem to make rather questionable decisions.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Adam Ollas-Mattson is coming over for the Flames development camp. He's going to open some eyes. Big, mobile, mean. Really think he could be the diamond in the rough of our prospect group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad