WJC: 2015 — Canada Roster Talk (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Tonight's the night we'll see the "separation" between Canada's "important" guys and the rest.

I suspect some guys will see very little icetime as the game gets tight.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Not sure if crow will be on the menu, since most of the criticism was about Gauthier holding Virtanen back. With Virtanen moving on to play with more skilled players, and Gauthier playing with a rightfully so demoted Ritchie in a more defensive/checking 4th line, the team as a whole seems to have finally become balanced, moreso.

Good on Gauthier and Ritchie if they provide solid checking line performances, and good on Virtanen if he and his linemates produce offencively.

All's well that ends well, with the right player in the right place on TC.

Onwards and upwards collectively(players and supporters alike)

So all this whining about Gauthier - despite him playing exactly the role anyone in the know knew he was there for - was never actually about Gauthier?

Good to know.

Never change HFBoards......

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
Tonight's the night we'll see the "separation" between Canada's "important" guys and the rest.

I suspect some guys will see very little icetime as the game gets tight.
I don't think so. The 4th line could be very effective while Petan's like could score 1-2 goals, that's my opinion. Ideally, all four lines score which I think will happen tonight. :yo:

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
You mean the vast majority of Vancouver posters didnt want him on the 4th. Most other posters didnt really care as long as the team wins

Vancouver posters don't care either as long as the team wins. We just want what's best for the team. And what's best for the team is a lineup that's similar to what we have right now (though I'd bump Lazar down to 3C and have him anchor his own line).

I'd still like to see:

Domi-Reinhart-Duclair
Fabbri-McDavid-Virtanen
Paul-Lazar-Petan
Ritchie-Point-Crouse
Gauthier

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Vancouver posters don't care either as long as the team wins. We just want what's best for the team. And what's best for the team is a lineup that's similar to what we have right now (though I'd bump Lazar down to 3C and have him anchor his own line).

I'd still like to see:

Domi-Reinhart-Duclair
Fabbri-McDavid-Reinhart
Paul-Lazar-Petan
Ritchie-Point-Crouse
Gauthier

Virtanen?

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
So all this whining about Gauthier - despite him playing exactly the role anyone in the know knew he was there for - was never actually about Gauthier?

Good to know.

I've seen barely any complaints about Gauthier since he picked up his game against Germany. He had a bad game against Slovakia and people called him out on it. Just like Ritchie got called out for his bad game against Germany. Odd how TC fans want TC to play well and are upset when players are playing poorly.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011

Good to know.

Not sure why you take legitimate criticisms as 'whining'. YMMV

It was about Gauthier dragging his line down offencively, and playing the puck like it was like a live grenade, and his lack of speed, and other points touched on by other posters.

I thought Gauthier played much better in his recent outing, so he deserves credit to be mentioned as well for that, as much as he deserved his criticisms. I try to be fair by credit/critiquing him when he deserves either.

Not sure why you're on a mission after people have been giving him credit, to discredit earlier critiques, unless that's the aim.

I hope Gauthier has a great game today.

Like I said in the post you replied to...onwards and upwards, eh?

TOML

Oct 4, 2006
Walnut Grove

Good to know.

futuretip: This statement is becoming more typical here than anything else though.

Team Canada, like any team, needed a few role players if they wanted to win and it's pretty clear why Gauthier made the cut. If he continues to take important draws, wins them, and immediately bolts off the ice, then that furthers the cause.

arsmaster*

Gauthier showed why he was selected with that PP to end the second.

He's awful with the puck but gets in the way a lot at least.

For you alexG19.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I think everyone on your roster is going to be a great nhl player except #22. He seems like a guy who needs to get a lot better at everything. Everyone else though looks amazing. Really impressed by Canadas group this year. It's no 05 obviously but probably the best team since then.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Have to be content going into the knockout round. Lines look set and have some decent cohesion. I wouldn't mind Point getting mixed in a little more, as it seemed like he never touched the ice in the last game. The fourth line also looked good, as the Americans couldn't handle their size down low.

Nurse looks good as the top defenceman. He's been great thus far outside of his stupid penalty in the second period of the American game.

I suspect that they will go with Fucale going forward, and that's deserved at this point. Comrie bit hard on the first two goals, and looked like he scrambled too much during the last few minutes. Fucale has shown no issues yet, so it should be him.

BigD66

Mar 24, 2009
Red Deer, Alberta
One "weak" goal all tournament (I give more credit to Larkin than discredit to Comrie) and people are questioning the goalies still...

God, you can't win with some people

Oct 15, 2008
One "weak" goal all tournament (I give more credit to Larkin than discredit to Comrie) and people are questioning the goalies still...

God, you can't win with some people

He was pretty much sitting in the corner on the first goal. Comrie was NOT good today. At all. If it was Fucale playing like that everyone would be shouting from the rooftops.

If they dont go with Fucale from hear on in they are morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad