Czech | 2/12 | 12:00 PM | SWE 4 - CZE 2
Switzerland | 2/14 | 7:30 AM | SWE 1 - SUI 0
Latvia | 2/16 | 12:00 PM |

Last edited:

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
It'd be one thing if Jones made the team (seems like a stretch to me), but it clearly makes sense to make him a part of the process; he'll be a cornerstone of the US defense for the next 16 years probably. (Similar reasoning for bringing in Trouba, I'm sure, though the impact isn't as big).

Sad thing is that Jack Johnson will probably make the US team since he's a good soldier and always plays in the Worlds when called upon. :shakehead

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Good to see Alzner and Holtby get invites. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility Holtby actually makes the team. He essentially has to beat out Mike Smith and Carey Price.

Kind of depressing that the Caps have no forwards that are even close to a Team Canada camp invite.

Capagonia

Oct 20, 2009
VA
According to today's Japer's Rink Caps Clips Czech team has already had their initial camp and Neuvy, Erat, and Kundratek all attended.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Holtby would be a sensible 3rd string/here for the future guy, if he starts out strong this season. Surprised Reimer wasn't included for potentially a similar role.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
It'd be one thing if Jones made the team (seems like a stretch to me), but it clearly makes sense to make him a part of the process; he'll be a cornerstone of the US defense for the next 16 years probably. (Similar reasoning for bringing in Trouba, I'm sure, though the impact isn't as big).

Sad thing is that Jack Johnson will probably make the US team since he's a good soldier and always plays in the Worlds when called upon. :shakehead

Is there a right handed USA defense man nearing retirement I didn't know about?

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Is there one you don't expect Jones to be better than by the time the 2018 Olympics come around? Because there isn't for me...

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Sure. As far as value as a prospect goes he's in the Pietrangelo tier; he could be the best Dman in the league in 4-5 years. That's certainly enough reason to have him be a part of the process as this point, even if there's a question of when/if he'll get there.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Sure. As far as value as a prospect goes he's in the Pietrangelo tier; he could be the best Dman in the league in 4-5 years. That's certainly enough reason to have him be a part of the process as this point, even if there's a question of when/if he'll get there.

Shattenkirk GA/20 11-12: 0.452 13: 0.552

Pietrangelo 11-12: 0.502 13: 0.795

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Shattenkirk ES on-ice Sv% 11-12: .941 13: .919
Pietrangelo 11-12: .936 13: .901

/drops mic :sarcasm:

Pietro also saw tougher competition in both seasons, so...

(Regardless, I get your point; Shattenkirk is really frickin' good, and I was probably glossing over that before so I apologize)

Liberati0n*

Good to see Alzner and Holtby get invites. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility Holtby actually makes the team. He essentially has to beat out Mike Smith and Carey Price.

Kind of depressing that the Caps have no forwards that are even close to a Team Canada camp invite.

Laich didn't get invited? I only skimmed the list but I could have sworn I saw Mike Richards on it. That doesn't make any sense.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
People are making rosters with Faulk, Byfuglien, EJ, and JJ over Shattenkirk and Carlson.

Another one is the lack of MoJo.... 4th highest PPG among Swedish wingers in the NHL. Not like he already has chemistry with Backstrom or anything...

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
People are making rosters with Faulk, Byfuglien, EJ, and JJ over Shattenkirk and Carlson.

Another one is the lack of MoJo.... 4th highest PPG among Swedish wingers in the NHL. Not like he already has chemistry with Backstrom or anything...

??

Sedin, Alfredsson, Eriksson, Landeskog, Franzen, Hagelin, Steen and Hörnqvist. Zetterberg too, though he has been a lot at C in recent years. Unless you meant just last year.

I think EJ is above Carlson and Shatt bc of he's more defensive minded. Played awesome at last Olympics too, and last year's WCs. It depends on what they are looking for.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
JJ's going to make it because he's a good soldier for USA Hockey. I think I've even heard talk of him being captain. Given that he's terrible, this is troubling. :shakehead

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I only hope if Russia loses, Ovy doesn't mentally "break" again....maybe if they can win it, he'll carry this malformed roster on his back to a Cup. A hell of a hot streak is about our best bope...

I hope the suggestion that Laich get invited was a joke. He's not close to that calibre of player, much less coming off the extended layoff which probably sealed that deal quickly.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
??

Sedin, Alfredsson, Eriksson, Landeskog, Franzen, Hagelin, Steen and Hörnqvist. Zetterberg too, though he has been a lot at C in recent years. Unless you meant just last year.

I think EJ is above Carlson and Shatt bc of he's more defensive minded. Played awesome at last Olympics too, and last year's WCs. It depends on what they are looking for.

Err... You should do the math. Alfredsson, Eriksson, Landeskog, Hagelin and Hornqvist, definitely didn't have a higher PPG than Johansson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad