2014 NHL Draft (Hawks pick 27th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
If the Hawks got the #1 pick, they'd take Ekblad. I don't see star upside in either Bennett or Reinhart.. and while Ekblad wouldn't be a huge point producer, he'll be a workhorse.

They won't get the #1 pick so it doesn't matter.. but Ekblad would be the guy.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Johns won't come close to being as good as Ekblad. Anyone who thinks that is crazy and I'm a big Johns fan - though I don't think that's exactly what ChiGuy's suggesting.

Johns tops out as a #4. Ekblad will be a #3 at worse. He's too big and too smart not to be.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Johns won't come close to being as good as Ekblad. Anyone who thinks that is crazy and I'm a big Johns fan - though I don't think that's exactly what ChiGuy's suggesting.

Johns tops out as a #4. Ekblad will be a #3 at worse. He's too big and too smart not to be.

Well, I suggested Ekblad to replace Seabrook, and he thought Johns would do that. I don't see Johns ever being a Seabrook, but Ekblad very well could in time.

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
I did not watch a ton of draft eligible kids this year. But that never stopped anyone before. Right now I am leaning Adrian Kempe or Ho-Sang if both are available.

I default to size and speed, and I will always take the skilled kid who falls for highly subjective reasons.

The only pick I'd hate would be the goalie. Statistics bear out the crap shoot that is goaltending. Don't waste a first, second or he'll even third on a goalie.

-fullmetalninja

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
apologies if it's been discussed, but which picks do we have this year

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Barbashev, Scherbak, Goldobin, Ho Sang
McKeown, Honka
Demko

Get 1 or 2 of the above and I'm a happy dude tomorrow.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I'm not sure but Hawks have lots of prospects and some of those players have to be patient and wait for their chances. I don't see those russian guys waiting that long with KHL paying them lots of money if they want

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Like I've said before, Barbashev plays 1 year in the AHL and he's in the NHL. He's a skilled gamer that can play in your bottom-6 or top-6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad