- Michael Dal Colle - LW - Oshawa(OHL)
small.png
- Nick Ritchie - LW - Peterborough(OHL)
small.png
- Sam Reinhart - C/RW - Kootaney(WHL)
small.png
- William Nylander - RW - MODO(SHL)
small.png
- Kasperi Kapanen - RW - KalPa(SM-liiga)
small.png
- Nikolai Goldobin - RW - Sarnia(OHL)
small.png
- Brendan Perlini - LW - Niagara(OHL)
small.png
- Alex Tuch - RW - US-NTDP

C'mon let's hear it. :D

I personally think Richie will fall more than anyone.... and draislt will be status quo. In a long time I'd have to disagree with you rare. Regardless a good list.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I have to think it was a troll post, the poster pretty much had everything backwards.

I hope no one took it as me calling anyone out. It wasn't my intention. I just felt if this was a new hockey fan, a young one given their grammar. I didn't want them to feel bullied or mocked here. That was my initial observation and instinctively I just wanted to protect them or anyone else if they found themselves in a similar position. Thanks.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Over the last decade in international play the Swiss have become extremely tough to play against .. Very well structured hockey that they're instilling into their youth ... With this in mind the Swiss are becoming better hockey players, they've lacked high end skill however with the structure now in place I think we'll see more and more skill come out of Switzerland in the future (relativity speaking, small country still)

Be interesting to keep an eye on some of their prospects like Fiala going forward

I stayed in Kloten just in the suburbs of Zurich last year, Kloten has a team. Hockey is getting to be pretty big over in Switzerland, I would not be surprised if they will be an emerging power in hockey. They've produced some NHL players already, Fiala, didn't know much about him till recently. From what I saw I liked.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
A number of the recent mock drafts here do not have Jake Virtanen in the top ten. That would surprise me. My guess is he goes to Vancouver at six. But he should be kept in mind as a possible Leaf pick.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I stayed in Kloten just in the suburbs of Zurich last year, Kloten has a team. Hockey is getting to be pretty big over in Switzerland, I would not be surprised if they will be an emerging power in hockey. They've produced some NHL players already, Fiala, didn't know much about him till recently. From what I saw I liked.

Surprised it's not bigger .. Isn't the Spangler (spelling?) Cup in Switzerland every year?

Must be a beautiful place to visit

I can also see them emerging as a strong hockey nation in the future

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Surprised it's not bigger .. Isn't the Spangler (spelling?) Cup in Switzerland every year?

Must be a beautiful place to visit

I can also see them emerging as a strong hockey nation in the future

Yes, it is incredibly beautiful there, a little expensive. But if you have a chance, the scenery is stunning.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
It doesn't always work that way though. Hype doesn't necessarily have to overhyped, and a player being available at 8 and not taken by then doesn't need to be an indication of his lack of star skill.

What if it's a Nichushkin? Or a Fowler instead of MSP?

Sometimes a faller is a faller because of nothing to do with him.

The issue with Nichushkin was he's Russian; He wasn't lacking in a particular skill, Like skating for instance. Grigorenko the year previous fell for both reasons, But some people would've had him #5.

Fowler I agree with, But then someone like Angelo Esposito could be brought up who fell to #20 in '07. You could go back to '05 with Brule even. Conversely though, There's players like Getzlaf in '03 or our own Phil Kessel in '06.

Every player should be viewed separately, And I think we're in agreement on that. But I'm just very wary of the guys who fall; And if Draisaitl were to fall to 8th, I'm not prepared to call him the sure fire pick there.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
The issue with Nichushkin was he's Russian; He wasn't lacking in a particular skill, Like skating for instance. Grigorenko the year previous fell for both reasons, But some people would've had him #5.

Fowler I agree with, But then someone like Angelo Esposito could be brought up who fell to #20 in '07. You could go back to '05 with Brule even. Conversely though, There's players like Getzlaf in '03 or our own Phil Kessel in '06.

Every player should be viewed separately, And I think we're in agreement on that. But I'm just very wary of the guys who fall; And if Draisaitl were to fall to 8th, I'm not prepared to call him the sure fire pick there.

I personally this there is too much drive and skill there for him to drop dude...Can't see it. However I definitely agree with what you are getting at (all is right with the world yet again?). There are always falls in the draft, we can even look closer with a scenario like Filip Forsberg who was pegged as a top 5 or 3 if I recall correctly.

I just hope our scouting call do well...we've been successful *knocks on wood* with the past few drafts being in the top 10 (except schenn but the turn around was brilliant)

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
I personally think Richie will fall more than anyone.... and draislt will be status quo. In a long time I'd have to disagree with you rare. Regardless a good list.

i personally think Calgary takes him at 4 to flank Monahan ...Burke does like em big, and truculent

WarLard

Apr 27, 2014
I have a feeling Burke goes for Dal Colle... His nose for the net reminds me of Kessel. I think he'd like a talented goal scorer to play along side Monnahan

WarLard

Apr 27, 2014
i personally think Calgary takes him at 4 to flank Monahan ...Burke does like em big, and truculent

Lol that was strange we both made burke predicitons at the same time.... He paid a fortune for kessel, and I doubt he offers two first picks for another player with that type of skill.. I think he drafts one himself

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton

Haha, Thanks.

Myself I'm not completely sold on Ritchie at 8 even, That's about 95% Burkie influenced.

I see where you both are coming from however I personally think Burke's biggest move would be to get Dal Colle just can't see him not make a move up to get him.

So for to trade up a spot, barter a guy like backlund who is now playing the wing or colborne for with the 4th round pick or something.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
People need to remember Burke drafted the Sedin's knowing full well how could they could be offensively.

Calgary could take a chance on Nylander.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Burke is really the wild card here to shake this draft up .. Edmonton will likely take Bennett or Draisaitl

Burke could go Ritche, Dal Colle, Nylander, or even Ehlers as a winger to pick

If Bennett falls to 5 does Nonis try to swap with the Isles before he falls to Vancouver?

WarLard

Apr 27, 2014
People need to remember Burke drafted the Sedin's knowing full well how could they could be offensively.

Calgary could take a chance on Nylander.

Based on what?? Their Nationality? I'm not sure I see the comparison.. I think Burke goes for the BPA and takes Dal Colle. He's got a lightning quick release and I can't see burke passing on a talented goal scorer like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad