2014 Mock Draft By Team Board Vote

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Hey Flames Fans!

Saw this last year, and thought I'd get the ball rolling on this. The basics are that each team board will vote for what player will be selected by their team. Currently right now, Florida has a poll going for what player they would like to select with the 1st overall pick and it's overwhelmingly for Aaron Ekblad, the Buffalo board selected Sam Reinhart,and the Oilers board just picked Sam Bennett. So, I now pose the question to the Flames board with the 4th pick, who would you like to pick 4th overall? At 8 AM tomorrow, the voting will end, and the selection will be locked in. We'll see how this goes and see what kind of an interesting all around mock draft comes out.

2014 Mock Draft by Team Board Vote Selection
  1. Florida: - Aaron Ekblad (Defense) - 75% of total vote
  2. Buffalo: - Sam Reinhart (Center) - 61.59% of total vote
  3. Edmonton: - Sam Bennett (Center) - 65.1% of total vote
  4. Calgary: -

Last edited:

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
I went with Dal Colle but that's just personal preference, I feel it's a toss up between him and Leon... both would fit well into our organizational mix. I would actually not have minded Nylander either but I don't think he fits into that mold we are trying to build off of. I think whoever picks him will end up feeling pretty happy about it though.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
I went with Dal Colle because he is BPA in my opinion at that spot. But if he is only a LW now that would create a huge logjam of prospects and players on the left side so if we take position into account it's gotta be Draisatl. Not that a logjam is a bad thing but in 2-3 years out left side could look like:

Cammy (if he resigns multiyear, I doubt it but possible)
Glencross
Baertschi
Gaudreau
Klimchuck
Dal Colle (if drafted).

Most of these guys require top 6 roles to be successful except maybe Klimchuck. And Draisatl does give us a big, elite Centerman. So I'd be happy with either.

If anyone is interested here is some highlight packs of each of them from this season.

Dal Colle:
http://youtu.be/VLas6fFmHl4

Draisaitl:
http://youtu.be/VkR-F14cK1Y

Last edited:

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
You know what grinds my gears? When fans of other teams vote on these polls... For all intents and purposes, it should be tied 13-13 between Draisaitl and Dal Colle. Voted for Dal Colle, btw.

Last edited:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
You know what grinds my gears? When fans of other teams vote on these polls... For all intensive purposes, it should be tied 13-13 between Draisaitl and Dal Colle. Voted for Dal Colle, btw.

I can mod-edit the poll to make it only show Flames fans results if you care to highlight the posters whom you think are non-Flames fans. But it seems like it's probably tough to say who's potentially a Flames fan as their second-favourite team and who has no interest in the Flames at all.

And it's "intents and purposes." ;) That really grinds my gears.

EDIT: If you guys want to identify posters whose vote you don't want to count, I'll look into it and see whether they ever participate on this board. After all, this is meant to be a team board vote.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
I can mod-edit the poll to make it only show Flames fans results if you care to highlight the posters whom you think are non-Flames fans. But it seems like it's probably tough to say who's potentially a Flames fan as their second-favourite team and who has no interest in the Flames at all.

And it's "intents and purposes." ;) That really grinds my gears.

EDIT: If you guys want to identify posters whose vote you don't want to count, I'll look into it and see whether they ever participate on this board. After all, this is meant to be a team board vote.

No idea what you're talking about :sarcasm:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I watched some youtube videos before making my choice. I feel like Draisaitl will be a force, but I feel like our mix of forwards needs a guy with the raw footspeed that Dal Colle possesses in order to really drive play.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
I watched some youtube videos before making my choice. I feel like Draisaitl will be a force, but I feel like our mix of forwards needs a guy with the raw footspeed that Dal Colle possesses in order to really drive play.
DC's play jumps out at you more because of his skating and maneuvering which is just dazzling sometimes. That's probably why I ended up voting for him.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
In regards to fans of other steams voting, it grinds my gears too. But it seems like their votes are more or less counting each other out at this point in time.

Except the Canucks fan that voted for Ritchie :laugh::laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Leon is King of the Jungle.

/thread :sarcasm:

no but seriously if there is a 5% chance he ends up 80% as Kopitar, then I am all over that like a fat kid on cake

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think Dal Colle has the higher offensive ceiling (which is a huge need for us). This isn't a bad thing at all, but Draisiatl reminds me a lot of Kopitar, and also how Kopitar will disappear for stretches of games. Dal Colle seems like a great kid and has a phenomenal attitude, I'd be pretty darn pumped if we drafted him.

TheClassicK*

I'd rather go for North American talent. Like said above, we need more players who can take on defenders with speed. The only forward we have that demonstrated he could do it well at the NHL level is Backlund imo.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
I think Dal Colle has the higher offensive ceiling (which is a huge need for us). This isn't a bad thing at all, but Draisiatl reminds me a lot of Kopitar, and also how Kopitar will disappear for stretches of games. Dal Colle seems like a great kid and has a phenomenal attitude, I'd be pretty darn pumped if we drafted him.

On the Kings team I don't think anyone scores on a consistent basis. However what is consistent about Kopitar is his ability to use his big frame and shield the puck...like the last goal he scored against us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad