2014 MasterCard Memorial Cup Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I'd maybe Maatta too. I thought he looked good this year. But Reinhart will be a great player too (I assume this is who we're talking about right now).

I was going to give Maatta a maybe, but I think it's a case ask me in 2 years. Once again I point to how nice it is to have a Big guy who is defensively responsible on the roster.

As is stands now though Trouba to me is the "one that got away", the others are still up for debate(how he fell to 9th was beyond me since I was fairly high on him at the draft)

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I was going to give Maatta a maybe, but I think it's a case ask me in 2 years. Once again I point to how nice it is to have a Big guy who is defensively responsible on the roster.

As is stands now though Trouba to me is the "one that got away", the others are still up for debate(how he fell to 9th was beyond me since I was fairly high on him at the draft)

Yeah we like him :naughty: haha. Nah I'm fairly "cautiously optimistic" because I know how sophmore slumps come and go and how the rookie seasons often get a player overrated but I have good faith even if Trouba has a couple rough seasons he will come into his own.

I don't watch enough of Reinhart to know but I caught the series vs. Portland and all but one of the Memorial Cup games and he seems like a steady reliable kind of guy.

Smart Dunsparce*

Guelph really deserves to win this. Hopefully they come on strong in the third, they've done it all year. Take advantage of the tired Kings.
No they don't, just by watching the 2nd period, getting dominated buy a team who played 4 and a bit periods a couple days ago and losing to said team, doesn't deserve anything. The Oil Kings deserve this lead, and I'd say Portland is a tougher opponent than Guelph from what I have seen.

torlev*

Trouba looks like a real gem.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
No they don't, just by watching the 2nd period, getting dominated buy a team who played 4 and a bit periods a couple days ago and losing to said team, doesn't deserve anything. The Oil Kings deserve this lead, and I'd say Portland is a tougher opponent than Guelph from what I have seen.

*5 and a bit

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario

Guelph is the best team in this tournament and the best team in the CHL. I'm mostly a Kitchener Rangers fan. They're having a bad game, it would be a shame for them to lose it all just from one bad game. But they are a team that can come back in any game with the smallest bit of time. Just takes a switch for them sometimes to dominate.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Guelph is the best team in this tournament and the best team in the CHL. I'm mostly a Kitchener Rangers fan. They're having a bad game, it would be a shame for them to lose it all just from one bad game. But they are a team that can come back in any game with the smallest bit of time. Just takes a switch for them sometimes to dominate.

I think one of the problems for Guelph is they had such a cakewalk to get tot he Mem Cup Finals, so they haven't really face adversity. Should be interesting to see how they handle it in the 3rd period

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Hopefully he cheapshots Cox before the game is over, preferably on camera.

:laugh::handclap:

Hoping Guelph can put on a great third period. Seeing those highlights of last year made me realize I still have that game on my PVR, I believe. Mackinnon was just wow... Drouin was pretty damn good too I think and Frk had a rocket of a shot.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY

Only reason I still wouldn't pick him is the USHL loophole. Obviously it worked out for Winny, but I could see it backfiring on the Islanders.... and to end up with nothing after picking him 4th overall would be a real killer.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
That was a freaking beautiful play, they HAD to score with Jarry missing his stick.

A player on the OK should have given Jarry their stick, not sure it would make a difference but that is the general rule when a a goalie loses a stick(ie if a player loses a stick in the defensive zone make sure the goalie then defense has a stick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00