2014 MasterCard Memorial Cup Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smart Dunsparce*

You obviously don't watch the NHL...goalie interference on goals isn't reviewable.
You obviously don't watch the NHL. Kings at Oilers last season RNH goal called off after being called a goal. I'm sure there are other instances but that's 1 off the ttop of my head.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I believe he's rated anywhere from the mid 2nd to mid 3rd. That was before this show he's put on though.

I'm pretty sure he was rated pretty far down in the draft prior to the playoffs. Like not even sure if he'd get drafted.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Oil Kings looking great! Still not finished though. Guelph has to respond and like somebody said, it's really intriguing to know how they will do it as they have NEVER in that situation of a must-win game before all year long. But they have the talent to do it.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Kulda wasn't ranked in the CSS final rankings of 140 international skaters.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
You obviously don't watch the NHL. Kings at Oilers last season RNH goal called off after being called a goal. I'm sure there are other instances but that's 1 off the ttop of my head.

The refs can huddle up after the goal and change the call on the ice, but they can't use video review to change the call. The only thing that can be reviewed is whether the puck crossed the line and whether or not it was kicked/gloved into the net illegally.

From the rulebook:
69.1 Interference on the Goalkeeper - This rule is based on the premise that an attacking player’s position, whether inside or outside the crease, should not, by itself, determine whether a goal should be allowed or disallowed. In other words, goals scored while attacking players are standing in the crease may, in appropriate circumstances be allowed. Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal; or (2) an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease. Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact. The rule will be enforced exclusively in accordance with the on-ice judgment of the Referee(s), and not by means of video replay or review.

And from Kerry Fraser at TSN:
We also know that at the present time goalkeeper interference is not a reviewable offence. If goalie interference were to occur that call must be made exclusively by the Referee(s) on the ice. The four officials can conference following the scoring of a goal where it was suspected that goalie interference might have taken place. We have seen situations where the initial call by the Referee on the goal line has been reversed through the conference process.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Just about 5-2 there, would've been nice. Legit shot by Moroz on the 4th goal

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
He's the top defenseman on the team playing for the Mem cup, and an MVP. And the Oilers will never have him, stop with the sour grapes. :nod:

I didn't get to see the play, so I'm not going to argue either way.... it's just that Oiler fans in particular seem to take any jabs they can ever since that dumb article came out.

So having not seen the play, but the fact that you and me had a little difference of opinion in a previous thread, you suggest it's "sour grapes" on my part because you're under the impression I desperately want him on my team (despite all my previous comments on him suggesting otherwise)?

The guy will be a solid D man in the Chris Phillips mould, but he has looked average at best in this tournament. Many people attribute that to being exhausted, which is legit given the minutes/assignments he plays. But right now he is not at the top of his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad