Prospect Info: 2014 Caps WJC Thread

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
It's the implications of that way of thinking that I object to more than anything. I like living in America, I like America, but to wrap up your identity in anything linked to living in it (or anywhere) is just crazy, and patriotism is about the most Pejorative Slured thing ever conceived.

To further drag this thread off topic, I agree to an extent. I'm not "proud" to be an American, so much as I realize I'm fortunate to be an American. But being an American is part of my identity, and to pretend that living in the United States didn't have a massive and fundamental impact on who I am is simply burying your head in the sand. I am American, and so are the players on that team. We have a common identity, and I feel a bond with that team, so I'm going to use the term "we."

Burakovsky95*

It's the implications of that way of thinking that I object to more than anything. I like living in America, I like America, but to wrap up your identity in anything linked to living in it (or anywhere) is just crazy, and patriotism is about the most Pejorative Slured thing ever conceived.

Why are you nitpicking this? Just stop lol.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
No, he's really not.

Well okay then. A player moves to a mens league and gets moved to the wing after being a center his whole life and then plays wing in the WJC.

I see the confusion though, Capitals never had a center prospect come to the NHL and play wing before being moved back to their natural position.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
iZDJazr0mVUnv.gif

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Well okay then. A player moves to a mens league and gets moved to the wing after being a center his whole life and then plays wing in the WJC.

I see the confusion though, Capitals never had a center prospect come to the NHL and play wing before being moved back to their natural position.
He also played wing at the U18s. He's as much of a natural center as Kuznetsov is and perhaps less so from an instinct and tools standpoint. He really profiles more as a shoot-first LW and there's a reason why he exclusively plays there at pretty much any high level event.

Burakovsky95*

He's also playing against a lot of younger and smaller guys. That's not something that always translates to the NHL. We'll see what happens as he continues to get bigger and stronger.

I'd love to believe that but this kid has talent. Mcphee is an idiot.

Burakovsky95*

At least watching Burakovsky's awesome effort level and playmaking ability makes it a little better :(

Liberati0n*

Obviously the trade was bad, but Forsberg should be dominating this. It would be really troubling if he weren't.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Obviously the trade was bad, but Forsberg should be dominating this. It would be really troubling if he weren't.

Exactly. He's a 19 year old playing against Slovakia in the WJHC on a line with a 5th overall pick. Him putting up points is expected here.

Also, lost in the hubub of the US loss to Russia was that Carrick was named USA's player of the game. +2 with 4 SOG.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad