Prospect Info: 2014-2015 Rangers Prospects Thread *Part I* (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 10/2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Him not being a 1st round pick and lacking the pedigree most of the top prospects have, I don't think we'd ever see him there barring something ridiculous like 60 points in 40 games.

Not that I care though. We know if we have a good one no matter how they are ranked.

Though your probably right(him not being a 1st round pick will hurt him getting rated an elite prospect), if he ends up with 50 points at the end of the season then he really should be getting that recognition. How many 19 year olds have been a point a game player in the Russian league in history? Can't be more than a handful.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
As someone brought up a little bit ealier, is Buchnevich's team really going to let him leave for the WJCs if he is leading his team in points and helping his team earn W's in December?

Obviously I really hope they do so we can watch him dominate on TV, but im pretty skeptical they would let him go.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I'd think so, because Russia takes national team play very seriously. He'd play with Ivan Barbaschev on the 1st line almost guaranteed.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Yup, there's no way a Russian - or any European - team is keeping their best player from performing for their country.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Severstal have solidified themselves over the last few games. Defense looked like a hot mess for the first 5 games, but since the game in Bratislava, they are looking much better. They play Nizhnekamsk and Minsk next, 2 teams they should be able to beat. Let's see if their good play continues. Would be nice for Buchnevich if they can rack up some Ws here.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
yup. he will be there along with all the other top players.

hes one of the best young talents in russia.

international play is very very important and a chance for these kids to shine on the big stage.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Excellent news, wasn't sure how strict they were in releasing their guys for international tournaments, thanks guys.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Sevrestal waste an early 5 on 3 PP. Buchnevich tries to be a little bit too cute with Kvapil - drops the puck to him, skates around the net, expecting the return pass. Goalie realizes what's happening and the puck goes out of the zone. Must keep it simple.

20 minutes that never had any rhythm to them end scoreless. Nothing noteworthy happened - except maybe that Severstal are more than terrible with their decision making when they're in Minsk's zone. At least Buchnevich wasn't part of any of those facepalm-worthy plays.

Last edited:

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Hey SoftEuro, see that shoulder delivered by Pavel Lukin ? Man, that kid is a beast on D.

Buchnevich almost breaks in alone on the right side, a bit offside though. The kid covers alot of ice and it comes easy to him.

Last edited:

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Hey SoftEuro, see that shoulder delivered by Pavel Lukin ? Man, that kid is a beast on D.

yep, was probably the best play of this game so far. Lukin is having a good season so far. Doubtful if he can keep it up, though.

Play gets a little more fluent now.

lol how did that not go in.

No idea btw why the coach would break up the Kvapil-Buchnevich combo.

A thing I realize again and again and again about Buchnevich is he knows exactly where he has to be on breakout passes and creates a lot of space for himself by doing nothing more than finding the perfect position.

Last edited:

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
1-0 Cherepovets, nice hands by Ullstrom and good hands and finish by Monakhov. Monakhov is a nice little player, feisty and skilled.

Jon Cheechoo ties it on the PP for Minsk, wow, now I know where he went.

Last edited:

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
These games are always on when I'm in class, so frustrating.

Hoping he looks good though.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC

Buch looks good, but he's get fewer minutes than I thought he was getting. Maybe thats because this tilt is all special teams so far, but that should be his bread and butter. Kid is a fantastic skater in short spaces and looks to be one of his teams best at handling the puck.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
No, he didn't.

No worries, they will play Khabarovsk (4am EDT), Vladivostok (5am), Novosibirsk (7am) and Novokuznetsk (9am) shortly, so you can have a cup of hockey with your cereal ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad