Prospect Info: 2014-2015 Prospect Stats and Discussion | Stauffer: Slepyshev NOT KHL re-signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Nurse's points have fallen off a cliff since they brought in DeAngelo

No points in a blowout

I think DeAngelo and Bouramman are getting the power play time. 5 of the 8 SSM goals last night were PP goals, Nurse wasn't in on any of them.

Approved Variety

Nov 14, 2010
I think DeAngelo and Bouramman are getting the power play time. 5 of the 8 SSM goals last night were PP goals, Nurse wasn't in on any of them.

Nurse is used to shutdown the opposition while those two play offense.

It's good asset management, even if Nurse's fans would love to see points.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
DeAngelo looks like a nice pick for Tampa... if he's anywhere near that good offensively at the NHL level when he gets there... that's going to make TB even better offensively and they are already tops in the league.

stoff

Apr 19, 2007
DeAngelo looks like a nice pick for Tampa... if he's anywhere near that good offensively at the NHL level when he gets there... that's going to make TB even better offensively and they are already tops in the league.

Tampa Bay has just sooo many good young players. It's almost unfair. Since Yzerman took over they have been the best in the league at drafting. Since 2011(he revamped the scouting staff after the 2010 draft) they have drafted: Namestikov, Kucherov, Nestorov, Palat in 2011; Vasilevski, Pacquette in 2012; Drouin, Gudlevskis in 2013 who have all played in the NHL. Then they have Koekkoek, Richard, Blujus, Erne, Ikonen, DeAngelo, Masin and Point who are all good prospects. Not to mention amateur free agents like Johnson.

That is how you build a team. I'm extremely envious.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Tampa Bay has just sooo many good young players. It's almost unfair. Since Yzerman took over they have been the best in the league at drafting. Since 2011(he revamped the scouting staff after the 2010 draft) they have drafted: Namestikov, Kucherov, Nestorov, Palat in 2011; Vasilevski, Pacquette in 2012; Drouin, Gudlevskis in 2013 who have all played in the NHL. Then they have Koekkoek, Richard, Blujus, Erne, Ikonen, DeAngelo, Masin and Point who are all good prospects. Not to mention amateur free agents like Johnson.

That is how you build a team. I'm extremely envious.
Our draft from two ago was great then we **** last year. I thought we were doing well.

Chase, Nurse, Laleggia, Slepyshev, Yakimov, Betker all very good players and one one was taken early in the draft.

Sadly though, Tampas model works well in the east, don't think they would do as well in the West.

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
Our draft from two ago was great then we **** last year. I thought we were doing well.

Chase, Nurse, Laleggia, Slepyshev, Yakimov, Betker all very good players and one one was taken early in the draft.

Sadly though, Tampas model works well in the east, don't think they would do as well in the West.

They're 16-9-3 against the West this year. Besides, the point is that Tampa has an amazing prospect pool. They draft very well, no matter which way you look at it.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Tampas model would work in the West, as they pick a mix of size and skill, but most importantly pick Russian and other fallers (Deangelo had attitude issues)

Oilers have some guys in 2013 that fit this mold. Yakimov, Slepyshev and Chase. Low and behold they are 3 "gems". We should be using a healthy majority of our picks on these guys.

Plenty of good Russians in the later rounds that will drop this year. Give me Vladdy hockey over Bouchard any day of the week.

I want to see 3 Russians drafted this draft

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Tampas model would work in the West, as they pick a mix of size and skill, but most importantly pick Russian and other fallers (Deangelo had attitude issues)

Oilers have some guys in 2013 that fit this mold. Yakimov, Slepyshev and Chase. Low and behold they are 3 "gems". We should be using a healthy majority of our picks on these guys.

Plenty of good Russians in the later rounds that will drop this year. Give me Vladdy hockey over Bouchard any day of the week.

I want to see 3 Russians drafted this draft

Even if the model didn't work they are getting average to good NHL players those in turn can be moved as they have value. I would rather draft for the players that can turn out and be good than for the current organizational need as you always swap prospects with another organization and hope it isn't messy 2.0.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

His issues are between his ears. If he straightens up his attitude, which it sounds like he has done, he will be a very good player.

dyzfunctioned

Oct 4, 2012
They're 16-9-3 against the West this year. Besides, the point is that Tampa has an amazing prospect pool. They draft very well, no matter which way you look at it.

Yea, saying their model only works in the East is total crap.

The way they draft isn't rocket science either - they take the most skilled player available, regardless of nationality, character, the intangibles so many scouts salivate about.

And look how well it's worked out for them.

Players can mature. Players can learn to play a two way game. What you can't teach a player is skill.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Yea, saying their model only works in the East is total crap.

The way they draft isn't rocket science either - they take the most skilled player available, regardless of nationality, character, the intangibles so many scouts salivate about.

And look how well it's worked out for them.

Players can mature. Players can learn to play a two way game. What you can't teach a player is skill.

Edmontons drafting from 2007-2010 is scrathing indication so many scouts are bias and pretty useless when it comes to the draft. Always, always draft BPA. Oilers drafted plugs and role players and look who it got them

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
Edmontons drafting from 2007-2010 is scrathing indication so many scouts are bias and pretty useless when it comes to the draft. Always, always draft BPA. Oilers drafted plugs and role players and look who it got them

Plugs & Role players? Gagner, Eberle, Omark, Hartikainen, Riley Nash, Lander, Paajarvi, Hall, Marincin, Pitlick, Davidson?

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
Plugs & Role players? Gagner, Eberle, Omark, Hartikainen, Riley Nash, Lander, Paajarvi, Hall, Marincin, Pitlick, Davidson?

Please explain to me why you are cherry picking players? we both know of the countless busts we've had in those years.. off the top of my head i think of Hesketh and Abney immediately. I bet if i look into it i will find ALOT more

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

In later rounds. In fact, Omark, Eberle and Lander were all BPA. Omark has some NHL success and Eberle is Eberle. Both were smaller players (like what Tampa drafts)

Milan Kyntar, Cornet, Motin, Bigos, Abney, Hesekth- all reach picks and drafted with one thing in mind, role play

dyzfunctioned

Oct 4, 2012
In later rounds. In fact, Omark, Eberle and Lander were all BPA. Omark has some NHL success and Eberle is Eberle. Both were smaller players (like what Tampa drafts)

Milan Kyntar, Cornet, Motin, Bigos, Abney, Hesekth- all reach picks and drafted with one thing in mind, role play

Kytnar, Bigos, Abney, Hesketh and Moroz are the classic examples.

But why stop there? Bodie, Stortini, JFJ, Goulet, Gordichuk, Peckham, Paukovich, Bendfeld, Czerwonka. More recently, Moroz, Coughlin, etc.

Also not sure how Hartikainen and Pitlick were considered skill-based picks. There were guys with far greater skill on the board and Oilers opted for the bigger guys.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Kytnar, Bigos, Abney, Hesketh and Moroz are the classic examples.

But why stop there? Bodie, Stortini, JFJ, Goulet, Gordichuk, Peckham, Paukovich, Bendfeld, Czerwonka. More recently, Moroz, Coughlin, etc.

Also not sure how Hartikainen and Pitlick were considered skill-based picks. There were guys with far greater skill on the board and Oilers opted for the bigger guys.

Yes thank you

I have less of a problem with Pitlick pick, he had skills and was BPA. Injuries got him. However there is some terrific players in that second round of 2010, including Marincin

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
Please explain to me why you are cherry picking players? we both know of the countless busts we've had in those years.. off the top of my head i think of Hesketh and Abney immediately. I bet if i look into it i will find ALOT more

They were all players picked in those years that weren't Plugs & Role players.
Guys like Rajala and Reider are some of the other late round flyers that we've taken later than definitely don't fit that mold.
I still think Rajala could make the NHL if he gave it a shot.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Most guys picked in the late rounds are either plugs and role players or skilled guy who are either 4 nothing and 7 pounds or they can barely skate. The plugs and role players have a much higher chance of becoming useful NHL'ers even if it is still a slim one. In the end only about 1 in 10 have any kind of NHL level career, and in most cases it is a short one. And amongst those few that do make it, it is often not with the team that drafted them.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
I wonder if Horak comes back. He had similar numbers to Lander last year.
Had a good year in the KHL this year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad