Salary Cap: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster Building Part XVII (MOD Post 859)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Player A...
63GP, 16G, 23A, 39P, -4
Player B...
58GP, 13G, 36A, 49P, +10
Player C...
46G, 11G, 32A, 43P, + 15

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
With Timmo going to Chicago, the options to bolster the bottom pairing are dwindling. Pretty hefty prices as well. Rangers might be forced to roll with what they have, or really scrape the bottom of the barrel.

Spooner or Khokhlachev probably. Griffith to a lesser extent. Plus they have their 1st round pick as well.

Given the looks of Boyle, IE old, I don't think Timmonen would have been a good option for us.

What type of D do we want to play with Dan Boyle? I am not sure if we will find much of an upgrade of John Moore ... I'd look for a D with good speed, size and defensive ability. Those guys aren't available or they cost way more than it's reasonable to pay for a 6th D.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Going from center to wing is a lot easier than the other way around. I love having centers playing wing, it's good insurance in case one goes down. Pretty much all of the Sharks' forwards are centers.

I agree for sure.

I wouldn't move Hayes from center. But I would definitely consider moving Brass, giving him a free role at LW.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Makes no sense. Blackhawks traded for Timmonen, and now they're going to ship out Sharp?

Are the Hawks buyers or sellers?

Yahoo / puck daddy has an article about recent fight in the lockerroom in Chicago due to Sharpes interest in females, then it gets more blur.

I know nothing of what happens besides what I read on Yahoo, but if -- and I mean if -- Sharp was with a GF of a teammate there is an unwritten rule that he is to be traded ASAP.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...ight--personal-issues--reports-195228660.html

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Yahoo / puck daddy has an article about recent fight in the lockerroom in Chicago due to Sharpes interest in females, then it gets more blur.

I know nothing of what happens besides what I read on Yahoo, but if -- and I mean if -- Sharp was with a GF of a teammate there is an unwritten rule that he is to be traded ASAP.

Lol, you got me confused with the words in bold. I'm like, why would they hate him for liking females? :laugh:

LetterJ

Feb 16, 2012
Atlantic Canada

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...ight--personal-issues--reports-195228660.html

Just a guess, but, what if Sharp nailed a chick in the room...this is what happened with Richards and Carter and Hartnell in Philly...even though everybody denied it

Last edited:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Hamilton is a pipedream, but would most people agree that management needs to find a way to shore up the RD prospect pool. I can't see any of our prospects being a top-pairing RHD

Me and Margot Robbie is a pipe dream, Dougie Hamilton coming here isn't. It's just never going to happen.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Ok take this with a grain of salt. But I was thinking, Slats loves to be bold. What kind of bold moves can we make? Get Joe Thornton? Get both Vermette and like a get D to be UFA? Nah, don't make any sense. The cap will just kill us next year, and we can't give up our kids.

But from my POV, there is actually a bit of room for Slats to be "bold" in one area, that is to get a player now -- that we can trade again at the draft.

Take Keith Yandle for example. There are so many teams looking for a top D, we could always get a good return for him at any time. Right? Would we get a lesser price at the draft than what we would have to pay for Yandle today? You know, not necessarily. Not necessarily at all. Could actually be a pretty good investment.

So what it really comes down to is if we are willing to give up the known assets it would take to get him, in favor of a SC run with gamble and the price we would get for him in late June, that to a large extent would be unknown parts? Yandle is just an example, there are other players like this (IE guys on a contract that we could trade youth for now, then move elsewhere for "new youth" at the draft).

But let's take Yandle, a scenario that could be somewhat interesting would be if we could get him for like Duclair and McIlrath now, use him during he POs, and then swing him to say Detroit for Antony Mantha at the draft. Half ridiculous I know.

But my point is this, if Slats pulling of a "bold" move it probably is for a player that he intends to move again at the draft. We just don't have room to take someone on. There are a few players out there that we could get now and move at the draft without any problems.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Want nothing to do with Joe Thornton. Either way we are too soft for him.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Finally I read j moores name in trade rumors . If they can get another controlled ld they should consider or I guess even a vet instead of giving a higher pick

BarbaraAlphanse

Weirioch for a 4th. Add 2 m.

Glass for a 6th. Subtract 1.45 m.

Glencross for 2nd, 5th, John Moore.

Cap room of about 200k with a 13thf and 7thd fitted in.

I'd like to see:

Kreider-Stepan-MSL
Nash-Brass-Zucc
Hagelin-Hayes-Miller
Glencross-Moore-Fast
Stempniak

McD-G
Staal-Klein
Weirioch-Boyle

BarbaraAlphanse

Oh boy.

Gotta say but HF partners have been putting out some pretty horrid articles on weekly basis. Some of them feel like they are written by 14 year old fanboys.

If there was no salary cap you can bet your darn tootin that Thornton would be a Ranger.:naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad