Injury Report: 2014-2015 Injury Thread Part II

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Johnson and Winchester back would be huge

I donno about Winchester. He hasn't played all year, theres a pretty good chance hes going to be rusty.

Johnson will be huge though, hopefully our other defenseman keep their current level of play.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I donno about Winchester. He hasn't played all year, theres a pretty good chance hes going to be rusty.

Johnson will be huge though, hopefully our other defenseman keep their current level of play.

Winchester off for a year is still better than anyone in our bottom 6 not named Everberg

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
What the hell's the deal with Hishon? He still ailing from that "elbow" injury? Haven't been following the usual news sources, but seems like he's become the forgotten man again.

Edit: I see Chambers just had a piece on him, but he managed to write an entire article about him without updating his status once. Not one word on the severity, or how close he is to returning, or commenting on what's wrong with him apart from it being an "elbow injury" which just sounds weird.

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Hishon scratched. Healthy scratches don't have it easy, and rookie center Joey Hishon was "bag-skated" Thursday morning after telling the coaching staff his bothersome elbow is not sufficiently healed. Hishon was healthy enough to get skated until he felt sick, with assistant coach Tim Army offering encouragement while demonstrating drills.

"Not strong enough on face offs," Roy said of Hishon, the Avs' 2010 first-round draft pick. "Maybe (Friday). We'll see how it goes. He's a center. If he can't do faceoffs, that's not good for us."

DP did their rewrite an article over and over again, I'm surprised there hasn't been talk of this but probably nobody saw it either.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
DP did their rewrite an article over and over again, I'm surprised there hasn't been talk of this but probably nobody saw it either.

Thanks. Looks like that was from last week. Wonder how he managed to hurt his elbow so bad.

Also, why the hell does he have to play center? I don't understand Patty's insistence on this. He's got no problem switching MacKinnon, Mitchell, O'Reilly, and Bleackley to the wing, but Hishon has to stay at center?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm a bit concerned it was HIM telling the coaches he's not ready to go. There's one thing if the doctor won't clear him but another if he's not pushing through pain.

Yea that may or may not be an issue. Might just be the wording in the article. A lot of coaches will just ask the player to give an honest assessment of their readiness, and if they can do certain things on the ice. There is an element of not wanting to be selfish and say you're ready, when you think you might hurt the team if you played. Maybe Hishon was being honest and said he was having a little trouble with the faceoffs when Patty asked.

Hard to know if there's an issue of him not battling through injuries, without knowing the severity of them. Obviously the concussions weren't an example of that, but with so many little things, that thought has entered my mind as well.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Hard to tell if he is in the full practice, but sounds like Jesse Winchester was out there for the entire practice today.

Says Johnson was "in red", does that mean he's back to no contact? Or is that yellow? He also left early.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Winchester in a non-contact jersey too. Lets just hope he might be good to go in October.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Any word on Bordeleau?

Timetable was 8-10 weeks...it's been 13 weeks now

And Rendulic?

Timetable was 8 weeks, it's been over 9 weeks now

... Hope Wideman stays away from Winchester come Monday if he plays

FoppaForsberg*

Pretty surprised to see Winchester on the trip. Would love to see him get a few games in before the season ends.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
They should be "getting very close" to shutting EJ down for the season rather than bringing him back for meaningless games.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Why play EJ now? With 8 games left in the season just let him rest until next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad