Injury Report: 2014-2015 Injury Thread Part II

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
I'm sure he will, why not yet I have no idea. Maybe it's how they juggle the transactions for callups. I'm sure you are asking for fantasy, he's certainly done for the season.

That I am. I'm in a keeper league though and I'm hanging onto him, so I can't drop him. This season was an aberration IMO, and I'm confident that he'll light it up again next year.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Oh yeah I'm not worried about him at all. He had a bit of a rough time but I wouldn't even call it a bad year. He was never at any point worse than the others.

Don't know how your league works but since it's keeper maybe the commish would let you drop for the roster spot but still remain "your" player.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Oh yeah I'm not worried about him at all. He had a bit of a rough time but I wouldn't even call it a bad year. He was never at any point worse than the others.

Don't know how your league works but since it's keeper maybe the commish would let you drop for the roster spot but still remain "your" player.

I am the commish, so maybe I'll just pull rank and make it happen. I'm sure my buddies would love that. :laugh:

You guys are lucky as hell to have him. I'm very jealous, as I imagine the fans of all 29 other teams are. Side note, do you expect him to play center or wing for most of next year? [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I am the commish, so maybe I'll just pull rank and make it happen. I'm sure my buddies would love that. :laugh:

You guys are lucky as hell to have him. I'm very jealous, as I imagine the fans of all 29 other teams are. Side note, do you expect him to play center or wing for most of next year? I guess that'll depend on what happens with O'Reilly and what side of the bed your nut job coach wakes up on from game-to-game.

He will be a winger when we draft Mcdavid

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
LOL Roy is actually pretty consistent in his decisions. Anyway, you are probably right that it depends a lot on O'Reilly and possibly if we draft a forward with our first pick or what FAs we sign, those things should make it more clear. Roy has said the future is with him at center but he just works so well at RW with a defensive center between he and Landy and lately wasn't taking ANY draws. If they can put any semblance of talent at C then I think he stays RW.

You shouldn't be punished because the stupid system has not put on IR yet. It's not pulling a fast one if you'd do it for your buddies too. I'm also a commish so maybe I see things from that side too much ;)

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
LOL Roy is actually pretty consistent in his decisions. Anyway, you are probably right that it depends a lot on O'Reilly and possibly if we draft a forward with our first pick or what FAs we sign, those things should make it more clear. Roy has said the future is with him at center but he just works so well at RW with a defensive center between he and Landy and lately wasn't taking ANY draws. If they can put any semblance of talent at C then I think he stays RW.

You shouldn't be punished because the stupid system has not put on IR yet. It's not pulling a fast one if you'd do it for your buddies too. I'm also a commish so maybe I see things from that side too much ;)

Got it, thanks for the info. I was referring more to the beginning of the season when he was playing with a bunch of different guys like Briere, Tanguay, Mitchell, Everberg, etc. And my team is almost always near the top of the standings and I like to run my mouth about it, so I don't think the rest of the league is going to be too forgiving when it comes to changing the rules for me.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
They should rest Varly. Let Berra play some games; doesn't really matter if we win/lose anymore. Plus it gives Berra a fair chance to convince management not to buy him out this summer. Let's see what he can (can't?) do this last month of the season.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
They should rest Varly. Let Berra play some games; doesn't really matter if we win/lose anymore. Plus it gives Berra a fair chance to convince management not to buy him out this summer. Let's see what he can (can't?) do this last month of the season.

Tank mode anyway. It's over now. Let Berra play, hope he does well so we can go with 3 goalies next season and dump the worst one. (Berra or Pickard.)

NHLFreak

Aug 5, 2010
Oh how I wish there was some recent news on my boy Erik Johnson. Still disappointed after having such a nice season. Must be getting close, no?

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
They should just rest EJ rest of the season even if he gets healthy, they're not making the playoffs anyway and have nothing to play for

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Winchester playing would help the team a lot. Would get Cliche offa the team already.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
So Winchester skating is kind of interesting. Thought he was shut down.

I'd say that's probably part of the process to see how he's progressing. He was having trouble with the lights before so hopefully this is a sign that he's doing better in that regard.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco

Between this and the Winchester talks it could be an interesting few weeks ahead of us. Honestly though I don't feel that we should activate either of these guys unless the final playoff spot becomes something within striking distance. Right now we're not even at a 5% of making it, why risk it?

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Between this and the Winchester talks it could be an interesting few weeks ahead of us. Honestly though I don't feel that we should activate either of these guys unless the final playoff spot becomes something within striking distance. Right now we're not even at a 5% of making it, why risk it?

I would agree, but if Johnson is 100% there's no reason not to play him. Winchester, despite how absolutely awful Cliche is, I don't know if him stepping in without having skated in forever, and not playing hockey in close to a year is really worth it right now.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I would agree, but if Johnson is 100% there's no reason not to play him. Winchester, despite how absolutely awful Cliche is, I don't know if him stepping in without having skated in forever, and not playing hockey in close to a year is really worth it right now.

Disagreed. Cliche is pure filler, Winchester would probably at least competently cycle the puck and score on a wide open net.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Disagreed. Cliche is pure filler, Winchester would probably at least competently cycle the puck and score on a wide open net.

Maybe. I still don't think it's worth putting out a guy that has been out with a concussion for 6 months and hasn't played since last spring. He won't be at game speed for probably close to 10 games. Maybe anything is better than Cliche, but maybe it's not worth him getting blindsided either.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Tank mode anyway. It's over now. Let Berra play, hope he does well so we can go with 3 goalies next season and dump the worst one. (Berra or Pickard.)

It's not over yet. :) :handclap:

Check out the schedule for the remaining clubs:

The Kings have 6 at home 8 on the road (like us) and a tougher schedule, I could see them passing Calgary though.

The Sharks play Chicago at home on Saturday and then go on a 7 game road trip.

The Jets probably have the toughest schedule out of all the teams in the hunt. (TB, SJ, ST.L X2, WSH, MTL, CHI, NYR, VAN, MIN, AVS)

The Flames have more games remaining including 8 at home but they do play some tough clubs and we still play them twice.

All it takes is some clubs that have been real hot the past month or so to go into a slump and that opens it up quite a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad