2014-2015 General Wild Discussion Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
It also says that the Wild possession system is flawed and relies too much on hanging around at the boards and getting nothing done.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
It also says that the Wild possession system is flawed and relies too much on hanging around at the boards and getting nothing done.

i thought that was just one guys interpretation of it and people here latched on because it supported their fantasy?

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
oh my god you people are ridiculously slobbering all over Nino. He's good but he's not THAT good.

I don't understand what the confusion is in the follow one good shift by two bad shift's comment--scoring chances surely aren't the only measure of that assessment. There have been plenty of press conferences with our coaches through the years where they complain about a guy everyone here is falling all over themselves about. They're bound to not shrug off the little things we just ignore because OMG the scores!

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
i thought that was just one guys interpretation of it and people here latched on because it supported their fantasy?

What fantasy? Does that not represent our system pretty accurately?

Also, as a few others have said, the hate on Pominville is absurd. Most points on the team but deserves to be on the third line. :help:

oh my god you people are ridiculously slobbering all over Nino. He's good but he's not THAT good.

I don't understand what the confusion is in the follow one good shift by two bad shift's comment--scoring chances surely aren't the only measure of that assessment. There have been plenty of press conferences with our coaches through the years where they complain about a guy everyone here is falling all over themselves about. They're bound to not shrug off the little things we just ignore because OMG the scores!

I agree with this post.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Screw Iowa, I'm seeing a Wild team I haven't seen in quite a while. Looking good and energetic tonite.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
OTOH, Dubnyk has made saves I assumed were gonna be goals of late. Well well worth a 3rd rounder.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
OTOH, Dubnyk has made saves I assumed were gonna be goals of late. Well well worth a 3rd rounder.

Dubnyk is great and Arizona fans were totally right in saying he's much better than when he was in EDM, but he's 28 and Kuemper is only 24 and it's kinda sad that Kuemper is playing like he is. Has the physical tools to be a great goaltender but can't get the mental aspect together right now, was really hoping he'd be the franchise goalie going forward. He still can be that guy but he's gotta turn it around soon. Can't go to the minors without waivers and right now I'd be a little nervous having him as a back-up next season.

Also I'd be totally OK buying out Backs this offseason and signing Dubs.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Dubnyk is great and Arizona fans were totally right in saying he's much better than when he was in EDM, but he's 28 and Kuemper is only 24 and it's kinda sad that Kuemper is playing like he is. Has the physical tools to be a great goaltender but can't get the mental aspect together right now, was really hoping he'd be the franchise goalie going forward. He still can be that guy but he's gotta turn it around soon. Can't go to the minors without waivers and right now I'd be a little nervous having him as a back-up next season.

Dubnyk is like the ripened version of Kuemper - big, athletic. It could work going forward to keep the both of them.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Would not mind one bit if we ended up with Dubs for a few years. He's only 28 and pretty solid.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Would not mind one bit if we ended up with Dubs for a few years. He's only 28 and pretty solid.

Yeah I've been debating this. On the other hand it would be awesome to have a bonafide #1 goalie and not have to worry about it for a few years. Obviously that wouldn't come cheap, but could be worth it.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul

If Dubs is cheap enough, thoughts on signing Niemi as well depending on term? I'm pretty sure there is a period you can send guys down after training camp without worrying about waivers. Just be honest with Darcy and say "We're running with Dubby and Niemi, you're only coming up if it is absolutely necessary. Dominate the AHL and earn your next contract or we're going to move on"

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Holy hell.

Be interesting to see some of the goals, and what kind of chances they are. The D core in Iowa is rough at best right now with Folin and Dumba up, and Olloffson injured.

Fun Fact: Justin Falk was on the ice for all 6 goals against Iowa tonight

Last edited:

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Be interesting to see some of the goals, and what kind of chances they are. The D core in Iowa is rough at best right now with Folin and Dumba up, and Olloffson injured.

Fun Fact: Justin Falk was on the ice for all 6 goals against Iowa tonight. Something called Brad Richard was his partner on 5 of them.

I can try to gif the goals, but I'm gonna warn ya AHL live has some real shoddy quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad