2014-2015 General Wild Discussion Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
only way a coaching change is made is if Leipold steps in. Fletcher wont fire him cause that means he failed on his 2 coaching hires

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
only way a coaching change is made is if Leipold steps in. Fletcher wont fire him cause that means he failed on his 2 coaching hires

Pretty sure Fletcher (and Yeo as well) is gone if they miss the playoffs so it may be a choice he has to make if he wants to save his job or maybe make some kind of meaningful trade (not 3rd & 4th line scrubs) or something because doing nothing ain't working.

Billy Mays Here*

Don't think a coaching change would even help much. The problems run deeper than just the coach.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010

If Yeo is fired there's no way Fletcher can stay because that's his 3rd or 4th head coahc?

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Pretty sure Fletcher (and Yeo as well) is gone if they miss the playoffs so it may be a choice he has to make if he wants to save his job or maybe make some kind of meaningful trade (not 3rd & 4th line scrubs) or something because doing nothing ain't working.
No way is Fletcher let go. Yeo? Absolutely. But Fletcher will be given one more chance and will use it to bring in a guy with experience. He isn't on the hot seat. He's made some mistakes, but not enough to suddenly get the shaft. He's done a lot of things right to stick around longer. I could see Leipold stepping in though and demanding Yeo be fired if Fletch fails to pull that trigger.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
Unless a top Coach suddenly becomes available (unlikely at this point of the season) we may as well stay on the old Yeo express and if by pure luck if we make the playoffs the great, if not and end up with another mid first round pick I will be so freakin ticked that I'll have him arrested for severe mental cruelty and intense physical abuse causing me to be in a constant state of nausea.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
If Yeo is fired there's no way Fletcher can stay because that's his 3rd or 4th head coahc?
Yeo is the 2nd. He's gone with 2 rookies. Make no mistake, his 3rd choice will be a guy with experience as a head coach in the NHL. If not, then he could be in trouble.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
Isn't Paul Maclean jobless currently?

Yes, I can only say I don't know much about the type of game he likes his teams to play, he does interest me, he's experienced, seems to favor an offensive style that's only because of EK's stats lol.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
I think Babcocks contract ends this year I wonder if he'd consider ,,, oh never mind I won't go there:shakehead

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
But Fletcher will be given one more chance and will use it to bring in a guy with experience. He isn't on the hot seat. He's made some mistakes, but not enough to suddenly get the shaft.

I think Fletcher is definitely on the hot seat. This team continues to spin their wheels and not really get anywhere. They got to the 2nd round of the playoffs after beating a young Avalanche team, who were happy to even make the playoffs. He brought in Vanek and this team took a step back. They have no centers and looking at how the Wild have developed Granlund, Coyle, Bulmer, Bussieres, Haula, Phillips and whoever knows how many other forwards, Fletcher is looking very DResque at the moment. The Pominville trade was like sex with a hot girl with no personality. It was great the first year but after that, it looks worse and worse. The Burns trade is turning out to be a disaster. Coyle's extension is really questionable. He's made some good choices but he's doesn't know how to manage the roster.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
No way is Fletcher let go. Yeo? Absolutely. But Fletcher will be given one more chance and will use it to bring in a guy with experience. He isn't on the hot seat. He's made some mistakes, but not enough to suddenly get the shaft. He's done a lot of things right to stick around longer. I could see Leipold stepping in though and demanding Yeo be fired if Fletch fails to pull that trigger.

If the Wild barely miss the playoffs Fletcher may be safe but if thy finish well outside the playoffs among bottom teams in the league I think he will be done.Witth the amount of talent on the team not making the playoffs is unacceptable,you can say the players are not doing their job and there might be some truth to that,but it is the job of Fletcher and Yeo to accurately assess the players and pick the team.If the players Fletcher and Yeo have chosen are not good enough,not developed enough and not healthy enough to compete at this level you have to hold Fletcher/Yeo responsible.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
The best way I can describe it is DR was like living on the streets. Just terrible. Upgrading to Fletcher is like moving into a one room apartment in the middle of Detroit. It's better then living on the streets but not that much better.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

What other coaches around the league would realistically be gone by the end of the year? Randy Carlyle for sure, but I hope the Wild go NOWHERE NEAR him. Trust me, he is awful, I would know. Pete DeBoer already available... he ruins young d-men and with Brodin, Folin, and Dumba on the roster... yeah, no. Dan Bylsma also available... HELL no. Mike Babcock? Pipe dream. Todd McLellan could be fired by the Sharks as well, and he's not a bad target. Paul MacLean is already an experience target that's already available.

Honestly, if #Yeolo does get fired (and he should if this continues), I'd seriously look at a guy like Jeff Blashill if the experienced coach angle falls through. I do agree with BMH though in that quite a few problems run much deeper than the coach. Pominville and Vanek have been terrible, Our Finn C's (Koivu, Granlund, Haula) have all been complete ghosts, our goaltending is swiss cheese... How much of that is on Yeo? Not all of it, that's for sure. You can only blame him and the mumps so much till you hit the big problem spots.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
I'm not an insider but it seems Leo and Fletch have a good working relationship so I don't think he will be let go anytime soon at least I hope not.

I wish Yeo could get everything worked out asap. I think I'm in the minority on this, but I was excited when Fletcher took a chance by hiring someone who was young with some fresh ideas and thought during the playoffs this might be the start of something great, but not so great now. I just hate the fact that if Yeo is fired our only option would be to hire a Coach who's been around the block a few times to keep the fans content.

My expectations were just a tad over the top this year.:facepalm:

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
I blame fletcher for signing guys like bickel and falk and agreeing to constantly call them up.

Also I'm the only one who thinks they miss haula on the pk?

Last edited:

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Feels like a year we'll finish just outside the playoffs and pick 14th. Draft a guy that takes 5 years to develop and never really amounts to anything great. Soooo same old story with this team.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Not looking towards the draft yet but people are forgetting this is supposed to be a good draft.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
last year i would have blamed yeo for not getting the max out of his players. this year im blaming the players for not getting it done and our average goaltending. CF needs to fix that.

countrygentleman

The Kaptain Says ARR
Jan 14, 2010
Minnesota
The whole culture around this organization is just off. We refer to a group consisting of Parise, Vanek, Suter, Pominville, Koivu as our 'big guns' yet only 2/5 those are truly any good this year. How could anyone in good faith classify Vanek, Pominville, and Koivu (with a collective 19 goals!) as 'big guns?' And Yeo keeps tossing them out there in any situation because they are the 'big guns.' Then we have our 'youngsters' as if they aren't part of the team yet. It wouldn't surprise me if there's conscious or subconscious a split in the locker room related to these little cliques.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad