2014-2015 General Wild Discussion Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Carter has been okay.

First two games, he took a bunch of dumb penalties and got his ass kicked around the ice:
0g 0a 8pim

Next 13 games, he went on a mysterious offensive tear and played great:
2g 7a 6pim

Next 14 games, offense disappeared and he went between being invisible and taking dumb penalties:
0g 1a 18pim

Last night, he scored and played great overall:
1g 0a 0pim

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013
offensive tear have anything to do with Zucker?

His offensive tear had everything to do with Zucker.
anyway, regarding 4th line centers, remember how zenon konopka never registered a single point in MN. Not one!

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
His offensive tear had everything to do with Zucker.
anyway, regarding 4th line centers, remember how zenon konopka never registered a single point in MN. Not one!

Well, that's just not true...

[NHL]478102[/NHL]

Although, I understand your point. Pretty sure Konopka had a huge streak without any points here.

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013
Well, that's just not true...

[NHL]478102[/NHL]

Although, I understand your point. Pretty sure Konopka had a huge streak without any points here.

the lockout year he played 37 games without a single point. that's what I remembered. Good for him Registering two points last year with the wild.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
I know someone touched on this earlier about one timers on the PP. I don't know about you guys but i feel like our team is absolutely horrendous at one timers. Everyone one i've seen gets a perfect pass and then they partially fan on it. Its embarrassing. Koivu and Pommer are probably the worse. Its not a major thing but it just drives me nuts seeing these professionals constantly screw up decent scoring opportunities.

Another minor thing is Charlie Coylr cannot catch a pass to save his life.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I think he's been pretty good, compared to what we've slotted into those spots before. Some other 4th liners we've had would have certainly messed up that chance all alone last night.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
Yeah they are bad at one timers in general. Sadly, even though Spurgeon and Pommer miss on so many of them, they are still better than almost everyone else on the team.

Yeah thats true. Hopefully Folin could develop into that point shot on the PP with Scandella at the top. Both have above average shots.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Should go back and pull some of those posts from when we signed him. Some ridiculous ones back then.

There was some people upset for reasons unknown. Like Others including myself said from day 1..It was a risk free signing. And a great one at that.

I like having some sandpaper on that line that isn't incompetent defensively and can chip in occasionally or at least produce a 4th line shift full of puck possession in the O Zone. Carter is a perfect role player.

I loved Sutters game too. Not cause of the pts but he plays hard.

We looked a lot less soft with Sutter,Groavac,Bickel in against the jets that's for sure. Granlund/brodin are obviously great young players but they are soft. Haula too.

Might be something to look into. I wish Coyle would man up, he has the body for it. But he's like Mikko. All bark no bite. Niño too..

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
It's too bad Coyle couldn't develop into Wayne Simmons. Or a Dustin brown. Milan Lucic. Etc.We need a top 6/9ish forward that will lay body and stick up for teammates.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
I feel the last few games he has. Coyle I mean, has been sticking up for teammates. however when you look at the scrums with Backes and Big buff he's gotten his ass handed to him. yes he's a big guy but those guys are bigger and tougher than he is.
Nino and coyle went after Buff in the last winny game but theres only so much you can do to him and not only that but mike chivk (spelling?) the 6'9 GOON referre was in that game so not to much shinanigans were going to happen anyway lol. Also wait for Tuch not that he is a fighter but he is really big

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
The problem with Coyle is no one knows what type of player he is, including himself. He constantly switches positions. He has a big body yes but he also is a good skater. The coaching staff probably wants him to play with a edge but you can tell he's not used to it/not good at it. No scoring touch at all. Just a huge project at this point. He's never scored much at any level other then Canadian juniors which makes me think he will never be the player we all hoped/figure out how to be an offensive player in this league.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Coyle? Good skater?

He's passable when he's finally moving but he's severely lacking quickness. Which is also one of the reasons why I can't stand him at center.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
This is getting ridiculous.

3rd D-Pair Impresses

Yeo lauded the defensive pair of Nate Prosser and Stu Bickel. After playing forward for parts of this season, Bickel has had a great couple games on the blue line.

"They’re hard to play against, and that’s what I like," Yeo said. "If the guys play around the net, they’re going to feel it. When teams are too comfortable, it makes it too easy for them to execute in certain areas."

Bickel and Prosser were pretty friggen terrible against the Jets. They had to combine for almost 10 giveaways and were absolutely owned in possession. Sure they may lay the body a big more in the Dzone, but its because they are worthless at getting the puck going in the correct direction.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i want atleast one guy on the blueline that plays tuff & mean. (not cheap & dirty). well i really think this season depends on goal tending , kemps was good mon but he's been real bad lately and i have no faith in backs.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I would argue that Nino is a far more effective power forward than Coyle. If you look at what a PF is supposed to do, it's initiate contact in the offensive zone, crash the net, bang in dirty goals. That's exactly what Nino is doing. At least once per game he is crashing the net and getting right into the goalie, mixing it up after the whistle, and we've seen him get rewarded with a lot of goals. Coyle doesn't do that.

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013

Awesome, hopefully its the Scandella replacing Suter option.
BTW, have you guys noticed how our PK has been really bad lately. It was at 89% for the longest time, now we are down to 85%. It seems to go hand in hand with Suter's (bad) play lately. Hopefully he stays a little fresher with less PP time and gets back to the old shutdown Suter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad