2014-2015 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Will be interesting to see what the Habs do with Scherbak next year, if he's NHL, AHL or WHL bound. He looks so much like Galchenyuk, would be a ton of fun to see them on a line together.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Will be interesting to see what the Habs do with Scherbak next year, if he's NHL, AHL or WHL bound. He looks so much like Galchenyuk, would be a ton of fun to see them on a line together.

Depending on roster turn around.. I see him being in the AHL next season, earning call ups, then starting the season after.

Don't think it will be long. Kid is super talented.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Depending on roster turn around.. I see him being in the AHL next season, earning call ups, then starting the season after.

If he can add some speed, strength and weight, he very well may follow Gallagher's example of being promoted after a half season in the AHL.

Love to see that. Kinda hoping for DLR also...

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Scherbak reminds me of Marleau.

Anyone know why Reway hasn't played for 4 straight games with Sparta? Injured? Attitude problems?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I could see him in the NHL next year, the funny thing is if he was born 2 days later it would be NHL or WHL, but we'll see how the year goes for him.

If he can add some speed, strength and weight, he very well may follow Gallagher's example of being promoted after a half season in the AHL.

Love to see that. Kinda hoping for DLR also...

Getting stronger should hopefully happen over the next couple of years, to me it's how his defensive game holds up as the current coaching staff will want him to be able to handle himself in his own end.

DLR is in interesting case, I don't like 19 year olds in the AHL but aside from offense he really has everything else you'd want to see from an NHLer so we'll see how things go for him in Hamilton this year. I think the coaching staff will love having him on the team in the future.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
It will be interesting to see what happens next summer as many prospects seem close to making the team (Scherbak, DLR, Andrighetto, Thomas, Hudon, Pateryn, Dietz) and a lot of the Habs players enter their final contract year (Plekanec, Parenteau, Bourque, Gilbert, Moen, Prust, Weise, Sekac).

This could be a cornerstone for the team as, if MB thinks some of the youngins are ready to jump in next season, he could decide to trade some of the players with only one year left and get something interesting in return. Or even package some of those vets with a prospect in order to get something significant as it's unlikely they'd want to bring that much youth on the team in such a short span.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
It will be interesting to see what happens next summer as many prospects seem close to making the team (Scherbak, DLR, Andrighetto, Thomas, Hudon, Pateryn, Dietz) and a lot of the Habs players enter their final contract year (Plekanec, Parenteau, Bourque, Gilbert, Moen, Prust, Weise, Sekac).

This could be a cornerstone for the team as, if MB thinks some of the youngins are ready to jump in next season, he could decide to trade some of the players with only one year left and get something interesting in return. Or even package some of those vets with a prospect in order to get something significant as it's unlikely they'd want to bring that much youth on the team in such a short span.
Moen is gone, we have players to replace him.

Sekac is RFA so he is not part of that list.

Gilbert is going to be replaced by Pateryn/Dietz/Nygren (BTW Nygren is top d-men in AHL - short sample but he was last year!).

Bourque is getting 3.3M and is barely a third liner. Two years from now, Sherback can replace him with more skills and good size.

Weise can be resigned or replaced. Can certainly be replaced by DLR or Bournival.

Parenteau, we need to wait and see. We need skilled player to replace him but Andrighetto/Hudon/Lekhonen/Reway could very provide us with scoring ability within the next two years.

Plek and Prust are real concerns:

Plek could be traded or resigned. May be DLR can help us on a third line to replace him and other players (Galchenyuk) can raise their level.

Same with Prust. Nevins/Fournier/Crisp/McCaron: hopefully of of them will be able to replace him. I do not see us signing a 32 years old Prust at 2.5 to give us 10-15 points. I really think that two years from now, McCaron will be able to play in our fourth line.

We also have a few wildcards: Hudon is certainly one of them. He seems to adapt pretty well. Was in team Canada. Now best scorer with the Dogs for now...

Last edited:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Moen is gone, we have players to replace him.

Sekac is RFA so he is not part of that list.

Gilbert is going to be replaced by Pateryn/Dietz/Nygren (BTW Nygren is top d-men in AHL - short sample but he was last year!).

Bourque is getting 3.3M and is barely a third liner. Two years from now, Sherback can replace him with more skills and good size.

Weise can be resigned or replaced. Can certainly be replaced by DLR or Bournival.

Parenteau, we need to wait and see. We need skilled player to replace him but Andrighetto/Hudon/Lekhonen/Reway could very provide us with scoring ability within the next two years.

Plek and Prust are real concerns:

Plek could be traded or resigned. May be DLR can help us on a third line to replace him and other players (Galchenyuk) can raise their level.

Same with Prust. Nevins/Fournier/Crisp/McCaron: hopefully of of them will be able to replace him. I do not see us signing a 32 years old Prust at 2.5 to give us 10-15 points. I really think that two years from now, McCaron will be able to play in our fourth line.

We also have a few wildcards: Hudon is certainly one of them. He seems to adapt pretty well. Was in team Canada. Now best scorer with the Dogs for now...

Prust might be at or close to the end after his current contract. He's already slowed down, still effective, but not a 2.5 mil player. I can see him signing somewhere at around 1-1.5 mil.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Anyone know why Reway hasn't played for 4 straight games with Sparta? Injured? Attitude problems?

he's back,

http://www.tvtipsport.cz/elh/?matchId=-644136865

#10 red

Yes very interesting to see how management handles this, hopefully at least one or two prospects can force their way into the lineup.

Last edited:

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
McCarron and Audette have 1 assist each so far tonight.

Edit: 1G 1A for Audette

Edit: another assist for McCarron!

Last edited:

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
How can you get three points in the first 25 minutes and none in the next 15? Come on McCarron! Slumping already...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad