Proposal: 2014/15 Season Trade Rumours and Proposals vol. V

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Im not super confident he ever will be, but that's just my opinion. He looses his net and rebounds way too often for my liking. AHL numbers? Meh. Wish they would have taken the same route St Louis did with Bishop - earn it and make it almost impossible to not finally bring him (and keep him) up.

I also don't buy in to the Lehner personality/myth/stories etc.

Maybe he settles down as he ages, but I'd be curious to see what his worth is league wide.

lol.

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
Dumba would be the target. Exactly what we need on the back end (speed/skill/young/cheap), not quite ready to help Minn this year & not quite a lock to be a reliable top-4 (somewhat tradeable). How about:

Andy + Gryba

for

Dumba + Backstrom

I definitely think we need to add to that to get Dumba, I like the idea though.

Make a trade like that and then at the draft we package him, Chiasson, and either our 2016 1st or a 2015 2nd and hopefully that is enough to get us a young partner for Karlsson.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
I'm ok with losing games but not with throwing the season away

Some feel that trading Anderson is an attempt to throw the season away, but I would argue that Anderson is one of the few players on this team that has value and could be traded in order to improve this team. Gotta give to get and BM is not going to get anything great for our whipping boys a la michalek, greening and phillips.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Trading Anderson will not improve this team, it will create another hole.

We've never had it this good in terms of goaltending in Ottawa and I'm fine with it staying that way for a little longer.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
we arent getting dumba for anderson

think smaller unless we package another good peice

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
They ain't getting Anderson unless we getting Brodin or Scandella+Tuch

Anderson is way to valuable in the progression of Lehner as the next goalie in line. I'd risk Anderson leaving only if we getting very valuable piece(s) in return.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada

Anderson is way to valuable in the progression of Lehner as the next goalie in line. I'd risk Anderson leaving only if we getting very valuable piece(s) in return.

There is no way they move Brodin in a deal for a 30+ G. Brodin's a very good young dman playing over 20mins a night. Although he would be so perfect with Karlsson

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
There is no way they move Brodin in a deal for a 30+ G. Brodin's a very good young dman playing over 20mins a night. Although he would be so perfect with Karlsson

The problem is, there is no way they are going to get a quality goaltender that can help them win a series in the playoffs, without giving up significant pieces. Minny is built to win now, and their goaltending is their weakest link by far.

I do not want any of their tenders back, as they suck, nor do I want project youngsters like Dumba. If they want to win in the playoffs, they will pay, or continue to bow out. We are working from a position of strength, and there is absolutely NO reason to trade Andy unless the deal is one Murray simply can't refuse.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I like to have a hint as to where this info is coming from.

Also Minnesota isn't very deep when I look at their team. The appealing players are mostly players that they desperately need. Brodin is not moving
For Andy I would take a 1st plus a good young player. (By good I don't mean Brodin)

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
A deal involving Anderson might explain why Bingo recently signed Peter Mannino (yes, "WHOOO?!", is an appropriate response). If Anderson was being moved without a goalie coming back it stand to reason that Hammond would be up for an extended period (or if the goalie that was coming back was injured).

To be fair, I couldn't find any info on Hammonds current status and don't know if he's injured, which would also precipitate a move in Bingo.

I'd be happy with Scandella and a pick from Minnesota and would take Backstrom as well (though that would mean a higher pick) - if he is able to play he can split starts with Lehrner or better, retire and count against the cap (provided he has that type if contract)

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The problem is, there is no way they are going to get a quality goaltender that can help them win a series in the playoffs, without giving up significant pieces. Minny is built to win now, and their goaltending is their weakest link by far.

I do not want any of their tenders back, as they suck, nor do I want project youngsters like Dumba. If they want to win in the playoffs, they will pay, or continue to bow out. We are working from a position of strength, and there is absolutely NO reason to trade Andy unless the deal is one Murray simply can't refuse.

Exactly.

This isn't a situation where we need to move a goalie, or will have any benefit to moving Andy. If someone wants him, they need to blow our socks off with an amazing deal for us to consider it.

I'm not accepting scraps for Andy.

GoodGoodnotBad

May 11, 2013
Winnipeg/Ottawa/Moncton
The Wild have some great prospects. If Anderson was dealt to the Wild it would be great to get Spurgeon, but I bet they would rather trade someone like Coyle. Would still like to know where this rumour came from though

Edit : should have clarified that I meant Spurgeon in a package deal. Not a 1 for 1.

Last edited:

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Brodin and Tuch -.- for Anderson ... It's 5PM somewhere eh...

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
there is no way they are trading scandella.....not for anderson atleast

i think you guys overrated what a goalie is worth in this market

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
there is no way they are trading scandella.....not for anderson atleast

i think you guys overrated what a goalie is worth in this market

I think the idea isn't so much based on the value but rather the need

I maintain that Minnesota should be one of the best teams in the league and that their window for contention isn't going to be open for very long

If they go into "win now" mode they'll pay more than fair value to get what they want and goaltending is definitely a need for them

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I think the idea isn't so much based on the value but rather the need

I maintain that Minnesota should be one of the best teams in the league and that their window for contention isn't going to be open for very long

If they go into "win now" mode they'll pay more than fair value to get what they want and goaltending is definitely a need for them

except scandella makes a huge hole on their defense

Dumba might be possible if we add to the deal as he is doing well in the AHL now but i don't think they would deal him as they are still high on him as they should be...he is only 20

I think Coyle is a guy they would be trying to move with his contract

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Coyle (900k this year then 3.2mill till 2019/2020)
Backstrom (3.4mill till 2015/2016)

for

Greening (2.6mill till 2016/2017)
Anderson (4.2mill till 2017/2018)

This is the type of deal i would try to make if i am Murray. Coyle would secure our 3rd center spot for years to come

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
except scandella makes a huge hole on their defense

Dumba might be possible if we add to the deal as he is doing well in the AHL now but i don't think they would deal him as they are still high on him as they should be...he is only 20

I think Coyle is a guy they would be trying to move with his contract

we shouldnt move anderson for the sake of moving anderson. We have to actually get a good piece that will make us a better team now or in the future without andy. Coyle and Backstorm do nothing for us and Dumba hasnt looked to hot in the NHL. Murray is probably perfectly happy keeping his teams best player(he gives us the most win) till his contract is about to expire where he'll resign him or trade him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad