2014-15 Offseason Roster Discussion Thread - Part VI - Oh hey, look at that... a 2C

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Richards has always been such an exceptional passer, among the best in hockey. You put him on this team and it's a guaranteed 35 assists, maybe even more.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
From everything I have read on Rasmussen he will replace Kruger in a year or 2 when his nex contract comes up. We cannot afford to pay a 4th line center 2.5-3mil (just a guess).

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
From everything I have read on Rasmussen he will replace Kruger in a year or 2 when his nex contract comes up. We cannot afford to pay a 4th line center 2.5-3mil (just a guess).

I like Kruger but I agree he'll likely be replaced by a cheaper option. Nordstrom and Danault will also get a shot.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Just saw that NYR signed Kreider to a two year bridge averaging about $2.5m. I wonder the extent to which signings like this set the market for Saad.

DontToewzMeBro

May 8, 2010
E.Kane-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Richards-Kane
Saad-Shaw-Morin
Smith-Kruger-McNeill

Keith-Seabrook
Hammer-Clendening
Dahlbeck-Leddy

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
E.Kane-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Richards-Kane
Saad-Shaw-Morin
Smith-Kruger-McNeill

Keith-Seabrook
Hammer-Clendening
Dahlbeck-Leddy

Oduya Versteeg and Bickell won't be enough for E Kane. Pretty sweet lineup though.

Last edited:

DontToewzMeBro

May 8, 2010
EKane-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Richards-Kane
Saad-Shaw-Morin
Smith-Kruger-Regin

Keith-Seabrook
Hammer-Clendening
Leddy-Gudbranson-

Markstrom
Montoya

Additions
Gudbranson 2.5
Clendening 800k
Montoya
Kane-5.2
Markstrom 1m

Something like 9m

Tallon accepts offer of prospect and draft pick for Gudbranson
Bickell/Crawford 1st for Kane ,Montoya
Oduya for Markstom and 2nd
Roszi to PHX for 5th
Raanta to toronto for a 4th

Subtractions

Bickell 4.0
Versteeg 2.5
Oduya 3.5?
Crawford 6
Rozi-2.75
18m -ish

Save 6 mill for Toews Kane ---trade sharp 2015 you have
25caps pace for saad/Toews/PK/ re upps

Alright I'm done. (Thank The Lord)

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Yeah.... going from Crawford to Markstrom or Montoya would be a dramatic step down. Don't see any amount of roster improvement up front with the added cap space making up for that.

And we're not getting Evander Kane. Just setting yourself up for disappointment if you think that we are.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
would you trade sharp for E kane? 5.9 Vs 5.25 cap hit. Saves us $650 per year and he is signed for 4 more years instead of 3. Plus he is much younger?

that would be a good question. in the last 3 season they both have played 184 games.
Kane has 63 goals and Sharp has 73.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Just saw that NYR signed Kreider to a two year bridge averaging about $2.5m. I wonder the extent to which signings like this set the market for Saad.

I don't think it will be that comparable especially with Saad having this extra year prior to getting extended. I wish Bowman would do it asap before this kid puts up 60 points next year. He gets more years and $$$$ then Kreider, no doubt about it. great deal for the Rangers by the way to get that kid on a short 2 year prove me deal at that cap hit. but if he blows it up...look out NYR, doubt you can afford him on his next deal.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Danault plays defense well , Can PK and is better skater
McNeill struggled last year in almost every facet of game

I know which guy will be fav for NHL job in Q's eyes

I will give you a hint ,, He didn't finish -12 in AHL last year

I liked Danault's game from the moment I first saw him play. I was disappointed that his reviews from his first AHL season were not so great but I reckon it's only a matter of time before he is a regular Blackhawk. I will be surprised, however, if it comes this season. McNeill on the other hand, is a bit of a mystery to me - not really sure what lies in the future for him. He has good size, but from the little I've seen of him, he strikes me as an underachiever. Perhaps he needs to play at the NHL level to reach his true potential. But then again I thought the same about Beach after his lacklustre start as a pro, so we'll see.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I don't think it will be that comparable especially with Saad having this extra year prior to getting extended. I wish Bowman would do it asap before this kid puts up 60 points next year. He gets more years and $$$$ then Kreider, no doubt about it. great deal for the Rangers by the way to get that kid on a short 2 year prove me deal at that cap hit. but if he blows it up...look out NYR, doubt you can afford him on his next deal.

Yeah, I don't think it'll be too comparable, for much of the reasons you mentioned before.

As for why they haven't resigned Saad, I don't even know that they can. Aren't there tagging issues?

Checking capgeek, the Hawks have 3.25M available in cap space available for the 2015-16 season, with the current cap (which NHL teams have to use). If you project Saad to get about 3.5-3.75M, that's a 2.75M-3M against the cap and leaves Chicago with 250-500K in available capspace for that season (again, with the current cap number).

Saad's deal is going to get done. Things are just tight for the Hawks right now. Unless they shed a contract extending into next season, it'll be hard to see them extending Saad.

DontToewzMeBro

May 8, 2010
I would like Gudbranson here, think he will mature nicely in next few years.

Question is, would Florida deal him for right price?

Sharp for Kane seems like a good move IMO in the next 1-3 years production will be similar and you will get more value trading Kane in 3/4 seasons than Sharp,

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
I liked Danault's game from the moment I first saw him play. I was disappointed that his reviews from his first AHL season were not so great but I reckon it's only a matter of time before he is a regular Blackhawk. I will be surprised, however, if it comes this season. McNeill on the other hand, is a bit of a mystery to me - not really sure what lies in the future for him. He has good size, but from the little I've seen of him, he strikes me as an underachiever. Perhaps he needs to play at the NHL level to reach his true potential. But then again I thought the same about Beach after his lacklustre start as a pro, so we'll see.

This story makes me think they may be grooming him to be a cheap Kruger replacement after this season when Kruger will have a new contract.

http://www.csnchicago.com/blackhawks/blackhawks-phillip-danault-modeling-game-after-kruger

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I would like Gudbranson here, think he will mature nicely in next few years.

Question is, would Florida deal him for right price?

Sharp for Kane seems like a good move IMO in the next 1-3 years production will be similar
and you will get more value trading Kane in 3/4 seasons than Sharp,

On what planet?

Kane has done nothing but regress in recent years and a Kane for Sharp move doesn't save Hawks much cap room

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
If Evander can play LW, it's not much of a stretch to think he'd put up similar totals to Sharp playing with this group of forwards. That said I easily take Sharp as he's a known quantity and veteran leader over the shiny new toy with upside.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yeah, I don't think it'll be too comparable, for much of the reasons you mentioned before.

As for why they haven't resigned Saad, I don't even know that they can. Aren't there tagging issues?

Checking capgeek, the Hawks have 3.25M available in cap space available for the 2015-16 season, with the current cap (which NHL teams have to use). If you project Saad to get about 3.5-3.75M, that's a 2.75M-3M against the cap and leaves Chicago with 250-500K in available capspace for that season (again, with the current cap number).

Saad's deal is going to get done. Things are just tight for the Hawks right now. Unless they shed a contract extending into next season, it'll be hard to see them extending Saad.

interesting thought about next years cap being a reason why Saad hasn't been resigned....

and if we need to remove a contract for next year to give us space, look no further then Mr. Versteeg! I would hate to have to pay Saad close to $4mil next year and beyond because we couldn't sign him due to us being close to the cap next year mainly because of Rozi and Versteeg...:shakehead

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
over the last 3 years they each have scored just slightly less then 11% of the teams goals. 63/580 and 63/670. I know it only saves $650,000 but that is a extra 2/3 of a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad