2014-15 Offseason Roster Discussion Thread - Part VI - Oh hey, look at that... a 2C

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Latest TT leaves (get it?!):

Q on TT's performance at prospect camp today: "That's an exciting guy to watch."

Savoie92

Jul 5, 2012
Regina
thanks for the info guys i got TT as a prospect in my fantasy league and will probably try and pickup Raanta with late pick as my 3rd goaltender (behind Price and Mason)

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Can't they go as long as the end of training camp carrying an overage? Maybe they want a better sense of how people (incl potential call ups) are looking before they decide who goes?

I'm thinking that probably has something to do with it. Find out what they are comfortable with getting rid of/moving around and make a move.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
he is also behind regin and Steeg.

Assuming we do not move a FR. I think the lines will be early in the year

Sharp-Teows-Hossa
Saad-Richards-Kane
Steeg/morin.Regin-Shaw-bickell
morin.Regin-Kruger-Smith

with regin, Morin and Steeg taking turns as the Scratch.

BGFalconHawks

Apr 2, 2013
Grayslake, IL
he is also behind regin and Steeg.

Assuming we do not move a FR. I think the lines will be early in the year

Sharp-Teows-Hossa
Saad-Richards-Kane
Steeg/morin.Regin-Shaw-bickell
morin.Regin-Kruger-Smith

with regin, Morin and Steeg taking turns as the Scratch.

Agree with this, if it's a D that gets moved. Would also like to try out

Saad-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Richards-Hossa
Bickell-Shaw-Morin/Versteeg/Smith
Regin/Morin-Kruger-Smith/Versteeg

I think STK should get used to playing with each other andi think Richards and Kane would be better off being seperated and Sharp and Hossa would be perfect to help Richards bounce back. Bottom six I see a lot of movement happening on the wings during the season.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I did not put Steeg on the 4th line as a sub because I just don't think he would be good there. Morin has good possession numbers last year so I think he could play both. I do not have a strong opinion on pairing Teows and kane. It just seems like Q does not like to do it. The only thing I think in this regard is, are there any wings that possess the puck more then Kane. Its almost like he plays a F/C type and I'm not sure with Teows who also is good with the puck if you would get the most out of them. I would also give Richards some days off on Back to backs and put Shaw to the 2nd line and smith 3rd line center. As Off goes the only real questions are, Can Richards be a little better then last year and can Steeg get back to pre injury form (and I think there is a good chance). If both are yes we should lead the league in goals.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
McNeill is well behind Ross , Nordstrom , Danault , Hartman , TT and probably Broadhurst at this point with regard to being in NHL

That's certainly differs from other assessments I've read. In fact, it's been Denault who may be lagging according to heresay and McNeil is close to ready to compete for an NHL job.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I did not put Steeg on the 4th line as a sub because I just don't think he would be good there. Morin has good possession numbers last year so I think he could play both. I do not have a strong opinion on pairing Teows and kane. It just seems like Q does not like to do it. The only thing I think in this regard is, are there any wings that possess the puck more then Kane. Its almost like he plays a F/C type and I'm not sure with Teows who also is good with the puck if you would get the most out of them. I would also give Richards some days off on Back to backs and put Shaw to the 2nd line and smith 3rd line center. As Off goes the only real questions are, Can Richards be a little better then last year and can Steeg get back to pre injury form (and I think there is a good chance). If both are yes we should lead the league in goals.

Summer dreams are always fun.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
That's certainly differs from other assessments I've read. In fact, it's been Denault who may be lagging according to heresay and McNeil is close to ready to compete for an NHL job.

Danault plays defense well , Can PK and is better skater
McNeill struggled last year in almost every facet of game

I know which guy will be fav for NHL job in Q's eyes

I will give you a hint ,, He didn't finish -12 in AHL last year

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
By end of year:

Sharp-Toews-Hossa
Saad-Richards-Kane
Bickell-Rasmussen-Shaw
Morin-Kruger-Smith

I highly doubt you have seen Rasmussen play, so please explain how you are projecting him to crack the lineup at some point.

I'm not saying you'll be wrong, but I think you're throwing something against the wall and hoping it sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad