Prospect Info: 2014-15 General Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
What are the chances that we see Lucia playing for the Baby Wild this Spring after the ND season comes to an end?

J22*

What are the chances that we see Lucia playing for the Baby Wild this Spring after the ND season comes to an end?

I think Mario stays in school for another year. Don hates when kids leave early just to play in the AHL, and I don't see why Mario would feel any different.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I think Mario stays in school for another year. Don hates when kids leave early just to play in the AHL, and I don't see why Mario would feel any different.

This would make sense, except Mario has been, from what I remember, studying and taking classes every summer since he started there. Now, it could just be to make up for hockey taking up so much time during the season, but I imagine part of it is to graduate early.

Teddy10Beers

Dec 31, 2011
Minnesota

I think Mario returns to ND for his senior season and then after seeing a very limited path for playing time with the Wild (with Coyle, Zucker, Nino, Granlund on the roster and possibly Tuch ahead of him) he opts to become a college free agent. Just kidding. Sort of.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
I think Mario returns to ND for his senior season and then after seeing a very limited path for playing time with the Wild (with Coyle, Zucker, Nino, Granlund on the roster and possibly Tuch ahead of him) he opts to become a college free agent. Just kidding. Sort of.

Because he was going to go from NCAA straight to NHL? I do not think so.

PR backlash for the Lucia family from him not signing with Minnesota, if offered, would be more than enough for him to sign.

And they did change up the rules. So, technically, if he plays his entire senior year his rights would be held to the August 15th after. Much more time for him to decide to sign.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

If he wants to go UFA, he's probably doing it this year when he can become one on July 1st.

gopherman23

Jul 10, 2013
Minnesota
Anybody else think that Olofsson looks like Hermey from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer?

Gustav+Olofsson+NHL+Draft+Portraits+UNUaDAndgFEl.jpg

resizedimage-9.php_.jpeg

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Hello, guys. I have question about some of the Wild prospects and their future (if they have it) in NHL: Daniel Gunnarsson, Gustav Olofsson, Eero Elo and Jere Sallinen. What's their potential?

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I think out of all of those guys, Olofsson is the only one who is still Wild property, so there's most of your answer. :D

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Gunnarsson might become an NHL'er someday... Just not with the Wild. Not sure about his ceiling.

Olofsson looked great until he sustained a major injury... We'll see if he bounces back. Top-4 potential, I'd say.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Hello, guys. I have question about some of the Wild prospects and their future (if they have it) in NHL: Daniel Gunnarsson, Gustav Olofsson, Eero Elo and Jere Sallinen. What's their potential?

Well, we only have 1/4 of those players and if Gus works out well? He might be a top 4 defenseman.

Puckcrazy51

Feb 28, 2014
Phillips in 6 games most points on team with 5--best plus minus plus 3 and team is 5-1 since he got there. Went 21 straight games without an assist in Iowa, already has 4....Please don't tell me something isn't amiss in Iowa. Very happy with for dumba, has taken a lot of criticism here PATIENCe has paid off. Great call last year keeping him up for awhile then sending him back to junior to play a lot--good on him.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Phillips in 6 games most points on team with 5--best plus minus plus 3 and team is 5-1 since he got there. Went 21 straight games without an assist in Iowa, already has 4....Please don't tell me something isn't amiss in Iowa.

Change of scenery has given him motivation... happens with a lot of players. I don't think he's turning into anything special there though either. JMO.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Change of scenery has given him motivation... happens with a lot of players. I don't think he's turning into anything special there though either. JMO.

Or maybe he just has a better team that is more orientated toward offense? Who knows.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Went from the worst team in the AHL to a high level playoff team. No surprise. Plus, Providence hasn't lost in regulation in 10 games. A little easier to integrate yourself on a winning team. Almost same situation as Chris Stewart coming here.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Yep, need to take the team change into account. I wouldn't expect to see Knight putting up big numbers anytime soon in Iowa - but that doesn't mean he's busting while Phillips is succeeding.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Went from the worst team in the AHL to a high level playoff team. No surprise. Plus, Providence hasn't lost in regulation in 10 games. A little easier to integrate yourself on a winning team. Almost same situation as Chris Stewart coming here.

I can't tell because the AHL site is bad but Providence seems to be in the middle of the pack goal wise and looking at the team, not really a lot of offense from some of the guys. Veterans do help but in all honesty, while it is a better team due to winning, it goes back to it just being a better team with better players...

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Anyone else think Louie Belpedio might be pretty good?

6 goals 12 assists, top pairing as a freshman.

He's not tall, but i could see him at 5'10 200 by the time he turns pro (193 lbs. already), which is kind of a Ballard or Clutterbuck build.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013

He's not tall, but i could see him at 5'10 200 by the time he turns pro (193 lbs. already), which is kind of a Ballard or Clutterbuck build.

Probably by that Time the NHL won't over value size.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

I think so. Minnesota does well scouting defensemen and I wouldn't be surprised if both Labbe and Bel become something.

There was an article I saw that showed since October 14th, Minnesota was 26th in the league for (below the 2nd round) late round draft picks from 2005-2014. This has changed and I got to go through their data to see what has changed BUT Minnesota has gotten better with Haula and Kumper developing (went from 4-9% roughly but then again other teams may have jumped as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad