Prospect Info: 2014-15 General Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

J22*

Good to know. Although I don't think unsigned players can be forced to go anyways(although it probably doesn't help your chances of becoming signed).

Should be an interesting year for Gilmour. If he blows up Centering BC's first line with Tuch, he could be an interesting Reilly scenario come next offseason.

Looking into it a little closer, this will be Michalek's 3rd camp. He didn't come last year. Bertschy has already been to 3 and isn't coming this year either. It might just be the Wilds policy that they only come to 3?

Totally agree on Gilmour. There's a pretty good chance that he goes to free agency next summer.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Looking into it a little closer, this will be Michalek's 3rd camp. He didn't come last year. Bertschy has already been to 3 and isn't coming this year either. It might just be the Wilds policy that they only come to 3?

Totally agree on Gilmour. There's a pretty good chance that he goes to free agency next summer.

Michelak was a 2011 Draftee and at 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2015. He did skip 2014.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Did I miss something with Gilmour? Not sure why he'd forgo signing with the Wild to test the market at this point. Yes, he is playing above his draft position at the moment, but he can also easily sign with the team that owns the rights to his current BC linemate (Tuch) and has a pretty laughable amount of depth at center.

Not saying that it's not a possibility, but would this even be a topic of discussion had Reilly not just burned Columbus?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Because he can. Why not explore your options? If there isn't anything there, you can just sign with Minnesota anyways, only it would only be a 2 year deal instead of 3; gets you to your next contract quicker. Maybe his childhood favorite team, whoever that is, shows some interest. You never know.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i just dont see why he would, you've got the tuch connection, the wild are a top ten club, the wild dont have alot of center depth. do you guys see a new waive of players doing this???

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Did I miss something with Gilmour? Not sure why he'd forgo signing with the Wild to test the market at this point. Yes, he is playing above his draft position at the moment, but he can also easily sign with the team that owns the rights to his current BC linemate (Tuch) and has a pretty laughable amount of depth at center.

Not saying that it's not a possibility, but would this even be a topic of discussion had Reilly not just burned Columbus?

Absolutely. It was atleast a topic of discussion when Haula was eligible for it, and was in the Spring when Lucia was eligible for it. And they had connections to the area.

Its always going to be a topic of conversation for guys looking like they are outplaying their draft position.

He's going to have an advisor/agent, if he explodes he may want to play the field a bit, go for max bonuses, see if he can get guaranteed NHL minutes, etc.

Just something to keep an eye on.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Meh, that just really doesn't happen very often does it? And when it does, isn't it usually either guys that really disappointed and their teams don't want them and/or really high end players? (ie. Schultz, Reilly, etc.). Idk, I just don't see it - at least not yet.

J22*

If Gilmour signs with the Wild at the end of this season he signs a 3 year deal. If he waits for a month he can sign a 2 year deal with anybody. Since burning a year off of his contract really wouldn't be a factor, the only incentive to sign early with the Wild would be the 90K signing bonus. He might think being able to pick the team he goes to is more valuable than 90K. I don't see it as a reason to not want to play for Minnesota as much as a "why wouldn't you" kind of thing.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I posted this a couple pages back but I'll post it again sports illustrated wrote something about how Gilmour could be became free agent in this article here http://www.si.com/nhl/2015/06/18/ch...es-to-sign-college-free-mike-reilly-minnesota.

They do bring up Gilmour as being a possibility, but it's pure speculation on their part. They only bring up that he's doing well at BC and is currently unsigned. The concerning situation they do go over is the Jacob Slavin situation in Carolina and how Carolina tried to sign him last year but could not agree to terms in regards to a signing bonus so he went back to school. That's way more of a concern than an unsigned Gilmour doing well at BC, IMO.

Like I said before, Gilmour walking is certainly a possibility, I just don't see the smoke that would lead me to believe it's anything more than just a possibility at this point.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
They do bring up Gilmour as being a possibility, but it's pure speculation on their part. They only bring up that he's doing well at BC and is currently unsigned. The concerning situation they do go over is the Jacob Slavin situation in Carolina and how Carolina tried to sign him last year but could not agree to terms in regards to a signing bonus so he went back to school. That's way more of a concern than an unsigned Gilmour doing well at BC, IMO.

Like I said before, Gilmour walking is certainly a possibility, I just don't see the smoke that would lead me to believe it's anything more than just a possibility at this point.
It is just speculation and a possibility.

Its also July, and he's missing from prospect camp without a known reason. What else are we supposed to talk about in the prospect thread.

Streetcandy

Jan 9, 2015
Meh, that just really doesn't happen very often does it? And when it does, isn't it usually either guys that really disappointed and their teams don't want them and/or really high end players? (ie. Schultz, Reilly, etc.). Idk, I just don't see it - at least not yet.

I think teams usually dump them for whatever they can get before the deadline. This year Zach Hyman refused to sign with Florida and was shipped to Toronto (along with a 7th) for Mckegg.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
i just dont see why he would, you've got the tuch connection, the wild are a top ten club , the wild dont have alot of center depth. do you guys see a new waive of players doing this???

That could be debated - especially when Gilmour comes into the organization.

1/ Chicago
2-10: New York Rangers, Tampa Bay, Los Angeles, Anaheim, Montreal, Pittsburgh, New York Islanders

Minnesota is in the category of St. Louis, Ottawa, Washington, Nashville

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

1/ Chicago
2-10: New York Rangers, Tampa Bay, Los Angeles, Anaheim, Montreal, Pittsburgh, New York Islanders

Well they made it into the final 8 two years in a row, losing to your Number 1 team.

Only Ducks, Lighting, Rangers and Habs can say the same.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market

1/ Chicago

I'm not putting a team that couldn't make the playoffs in the top 10. I'd say we are fringe, but not concrete.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Was going to start up a 2015-2016 version of this thread.

Other than this year's draft picks + Reilly, does anyone need to be added? Or removed? From the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad