League News: 2014-15 Around the League III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson
I think this team has all the right pieces. Two top forwards, a great #1 D-Man, an amazing goalie, depth throughout.

The only teams i see contending with in the East are the Rangers and Tampa Bay. All three can beat each other, now it's just time to watch and wait.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Lets say the Isles lose tonight in any fashion and we lock up 2nd spot.

It will be interesting to see the lineup vs the Rags.

Will Trotz rest players for a meaningless game? Will he go full throtle regardless?

Will he want guys coming off injury to get some game action before the playoffs or will he not want to risk further aggrivation of the injuries?

If we rest guys like Orpik, Ovechkin, Backstrom etc then I'd like to see:

Galiev/Kuz/Bura as a line. Just for fun.

I'd like to see Orlov in. I'd still like to see Holtby start to keep him in game shape but I wonder if the near disaster in Detroit has Trotz taking a step back?

Wilson should be on the 2nd line.

Now...If the Isles win then all bets are off. Caps wi
Had to resort to copying and pasting on this quote from Bob Rouse, as I'm not familiar with how to quote from a closed out thread.

I agree with you Bob about resting folks, however the team was kind of forced to do that against the Bruins the other night courtesy of injuries to Beagle, Fehr and Wilson. If they are out again tonight, the cupboard looks a little bare at forwards, unless they can call up the likes of Volpatti. As far as resting defensemen, I don't think Orlov's ready for a NHL game, but it might be worth a shot in a meaningless game. Other D-men/call ups could be Schmidt/Olesky/Schilling/Kundratek and of course Peters in goal.

Last edited by a moderator:

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Lets say the Isles lose tonight in any fashion and we lock up 2nd spot.

It will be interesting to see the lineup vs the Rags.

Will Trotz rest players for a meaningless game? Will he go full throtle regardless?

Will he want guys coming off injury to get some game action before the playoffs or will he not want to risk further aggrivation of the injuries?

If we rest guys like Orpik, Ovechkin, Backstrom etc then I'd like to see:

Galiev/Kuz/Bura as a line. Just for fun.

I'd like to see Orlov in. I'd still like to see Holtby start to keep him in game shape but I wonder if the near disaster in Detroit has Trotz taking a step back?

Wilson should be on the 2nd line.

Now...If the Isles win then all bets are off. Caps wi

Had to resort to copying and pasting on this quote from Bob Rouse, as I'm not familiar with how to quote from a closed out thread.

I agree with you Bob about resting folks, however the team was kind of forced to do that against the Bruins the other night courtesy of injuries to Beagle, Fehr and Wilson. If they are out again tonight, the cupboard looks a little bare at forwards, unless they can call up the likes of Volpatti. As far as resting defensemen, I don't think Orlov's ready for a NHL game, but it might be worth a shot in a meaningless game. Other D-men/call ups could be Schmidt/Olesky/Schilling/Kundratek and of course Peters in goal.

The answers to all these questions is in the gdt vs bruins. Trotz answered those questions

Last edited by a moderator:

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Well...my stance is that we should go full throttle either way. But there is something to be said for resting guys and not risking injury with others.

The answers to all these questions is in the gdt vs bruins. Trotz answered those questions

Trotz also said he'd start Peters vs the Bs prior the the Detroit game.

I don't think he's set on anything really outside of if the Isles win tonight and we will need the game tomorrow for home ice.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
goal.

There's a quote button in the tools above the area where you type.

Just put the cursor where you want the quote to go, click the quote button and paste text in between the "quote" html tags like this.

Apr 6, 2004
I saw this tweet a few minutes ago and it got me thinking a bit.

"NHLJensen: #Caps have best winning % in League when scoring the first goal (.860; next best is .821). Will be such a tough out in playoffs."

I didn't appreciate the statistic as it formed during the regular season for whatever reason but it's starting to resonate. With playoffs around the corner which yields an overall reduction in scoring it's critical we're structured to win tight games.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
I saw this tweet a few minutes ago and it got me thinking a bit.

"NHLJensen: #Caps have best winning % in League when scoring the first goal (.860; next best is .821). Will be such a tough out in playoffs."

I didn't appreciate the statistic as it formed during the regular season for whatever reason but it's starting to resonate. With playoffs around the corner which yields an overall reduction in scoring it's critical we're structured to win tight games.

One thing I've felt this year more so than in the past is I'm not stressed out watching the games. They just seem to be more confident and in control, and I think that's a major part of why they've accomplished that stat.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Anyone know about a home team sitting all their stars vs a team in the running?

Like Ottawa at NYR last night? Let me know

#EasyMoney

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
So in this Pitt/NYI game - we root for a well fought/hard battled game with lots of key player injuries where the Islanders win in regulation, right?!

The Deadly Pook Gas

Feb 6, 2012
Seriously that seems like something that would happen to the caps

-play an important game
-have a great start
-get a pp
-have your goal overturned
-and have the opposition score shorthanded literally right after

msrulo

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto, ON
So in this Pitt/NYI game - we root for a well fought/hard battled game with lots of key player injuries where the Islanders win in regulation, right?!

Doesn't matter either way, just hopefully we secure the 2nd seed in the division.That comes with a Pittsburgh win. If the Isles win our matchup will be determined. It's fun to scout them right now, either of them could be our quarterfinal opponent

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad