Prospect Info: 2013 Subway Super Series

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Game starts at 8pm Winnipeg time. Should be able to watch the 2nd & 3rd period after the Jets game even without PVRing.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Guy Flaming‏@TPS_Guy20m
According to TPS's CHL Insider (Sam Cosentino), the top line for Team WHL tonight will be Petan-Lazar-Shinkaruk. Like I said last night..

@TPS_Guy: ..(2/2) I'm a bit surprised that B.Sutter would break up Petan/Leipsic, Lazar/Moroz, etc for the #SubwaySeries. I like teammate chemistry.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Guy Flaming‏@TPS_Guy20m
According to TPS's CHL Insider (Sam Cosentino), the top line for Team WHL tonight will be Petan-Lazar-Shinkaruk. Like I said last night..

@TPS_Guy: ..(2/2) I'm a bit surprised that B.Sutter would break up Petan/Leipsic, Lazar/Moroz, etc for the #SubwaySeries. I like teammate chemistry.

Sutter probably wants to see how Petan fits with "other" linemates. Perhaps more of a trail run for the WJC than anything else.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
2 awkward goals against Comrie that I'm sure he wished he had back (although one was a weird shot) but otherwise pretty awesome game.

Petan thinks this game at a higher level than any other player that touched that ice surface.

Morrissey = smooth

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
2 awkward goals against Comrie that I'm sure he wished he had back (although one was a weird shot) but otherwise pretty awesome game.

Petan thinks this game at a higher level than any other player that touched that ice surface.

Morrissey = smooth

The Morrissey Reinhart pair was the best combination......Morrissey is so fluid and so solid in all three zones.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Can't really say anything against Comrie's game last night. First goal against was strange, should have had it probably. Second one was a terrible giveaway by either Leier or Leipsic to a guy in the slot then the whole team watching Comrie make a decent save, then continuing to do absolutely nothing as a Russian player digs it out from under him and then puts it around him. Not hard to beat a goalie that close when there's no pressure on you.

Third one was on Bowey, who had an awful, awful game. I was really excited to watch him play and I was really hoping that the Jets would get him in the draft last year. If that's his defensive game then I'm happy we didn't. Could have easily just been an off-night for him though.

Morrissey looked alright, if a little underwhelming. He made some strange defensive zone decisions that he didn't get caught for last night. Like leaving his man/side of the ice completely open to go over and double up with Reinhart on his side at times when it was completely unnecessary. He did that twice that I can remember and either time all the Russian player had to do was push it past them and it would have been a player versus Comrie alone. Got away with it though. Very smooth skater, as everyone has been saying.

Petan looked good, I understand splitting him up from Leipsic and Leier as he's expected to make the junior team and they won't, so they likely just wanted to see how he would do with 2 players who will probably be on the team with him. He sees the ice amazingly well and doesn't seem to shy away from board battles. Maybe a little slower than I had imagined him to be, tried to be too cute a few times, had a few very long shifts (Morrissey too actually), impressed with him though.

Last edited:

jetkarma*

Well we got the first one , let's keep pressure on them and tie it up.

jetkarma*

Petan was on the point for a 5 on 3 PP at the end of the second. Still a minute to go for the two man advantage at the start of the third.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I thought all our prospects were fairly impressive as for the other prospects in the game:

I found Damon Severson to be really underwhelming in this series, which is strange as I've been a fan of his for years and anytime I've seen Kelowna he always looks quite good.

Griffin Reinhart impressed me a lot more than in my previous viewings. Same can be said about Pouliot, he made some very good reads.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad