2013 Rookie Tournament

SensPerpetualRebuild

Yelnats Puc
Jul 31, 2009
I agree about Pageau not being there. I also doubt Boro is there. How many has he been to? Hasn't he won the hardest worker award (or whatever it is) twice already? I don't think there's much for him to learn there. And I still think he needs a strong camp to make the big club.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
In past Rookie Tournaments they have invited some non-prospect or non-organization guys on try outs, they could again this season. I can't remember if guys currently in college playing in the NCAA can play in this tournament?

My guess:

Puempel - Pageau - Noesen
Prince - Grant - Robinson
Culek - Maidens - Schneider
Kramer - Caporusso - Hamilton

Claesson - Ceci
Blood - Wideman
Sdao - Rutkowski/

Dreidger - Brassard

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I wouldn't be shocked to see Pageau there. I want him to be on the big club next year and pick up right where he left off, but there are no guarantee's. Zack Smith was a big part of the development camp and rookie camps even after he had played meaningful nhl games. It will be interesting to see who separates themselves from the pack at camp. I hope Stone has a big offseason... He's the type of player Ottawa needs, a big body that can generate offense consistently.

IIRC, Zmitty wasn't asked to attend his last one, but went anyway as he felt he owed it to the club/needed to be there.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
I'd be surprised to see a few of those guys at the camp. A big part of the camp is getting a look at what you have. Not much more to see from Pageau and Boro, and anyone else who has done the camp two times. Aragorn's list looks the most likely to me, save Pageau.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
How was the past few for the sens?

Won the whole thing the last time we played(Undefeated? Think we lost a close one to Toronto's team at the start) Stone scored overtime winner in final game.

2 years ago not exactly sure but we almost went undefeated, lost to pitts?

We crushed Leafs team 2-3 years ago 7-1 and lost to Pitts again or we won.

Ever since Murray took over we've been dominant. Pretty sure JVR's brother impressed us tremendously last time around.

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
Puempel - Grant - Stone
Prince- Cannone - Noesen
Schneider - Hamilton - Petersson (if he sticks in NA)
Culek - Kramer - Robinson

Borowiecki - Ceci
Claesson - Wideman
Sdao - Rutkowski
Blood

Dreidger
Brassard
Hammond

Plus our picks in the draft that are juniors or euros heading to the CHL. Maidens if healthy. Maybe Cowick or DaCosta if re-signed - even then I wouldn't think they play in this.

Typically the team uses non-pro playing prospects and guys with one year of Bingo under their belt. You get some more experienced guys that are more projects that play multiple years - like Dziurzynski did.

You don't usually see long term minor pros in this, or guys that have a year in the organization that are on the cusp of making the team. This is a development tourney and not "our best prospects out to win" tourney.

Going by past teams, you wont see Pageau (more or less an NHLer - certainly nothing to prove vs junior kids) or Hoffman (NHL/AHL tweener) or established AHL guys like Cowick or Da Costa. They gain nothing in development playing in a tourney against a lot of 18-19 kids.

Last edited:

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Im real excited to see what we have in Maidens. Apparently he plays a lot like Mike Fisher which is something everyone can use. I'm guessing our prospects are fairly thin at this tournament thsi year. No swedish/NCAA guys will be going and I cant see guys like Grant coming.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Im real excited to see what we have in Maidens. Apparently he plays a lot like Mike Fisher which is something everyone can use. I'm guessing our prospects are fairly thin at this tournament thsi year. No swedish/NCAA guys will be going and I cant see guys like Grant coming.

NCAA guys can go, just have to pay for their own travel, lodging, food, etc.

So yes, more than likely no NCAA guys will be going as none are from the area.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Puempel - Grant - Stone
Prince- Cannone - Noesen
Schneider - Hamilton - Petersson (if he sticks in NA)
Culek - Kramer - Robinson

Borowiecki - Ceci
Claesson - Wideman
Sdao - Rutkowski
Blood

Dreidger
Brassard
Hammond

from forward to goal that looks very very good imo and i'm pretty sure maidens should be healthy, and could go in for cannone or hamilton. :yo:

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
NCAA guys can go, just have to pay for their own travel, lodging, food, etc.

So yes, more than likely no NCAA guys will be going as none are from the area.

Why wouldn't a college player shell out a few bucks for a chance to impress? Seems very short sighted.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Why wouldn't a college player shell out a few bucks for a chance to impress? Seems very short sighted.

They wouldn't be allowed to participate in any games, so it's pointless. The NCAA is very strict about this sort of thing.

I'm pretty sure that players that attend these tournaments as "invites" have to sign either an ATO or PTO which voids your college eligibility immediately.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Hoffman - Pageau - Stone
Puempel - Lazar - Noesen
Prince - Grant - Dunn
Hamilton - Maidens - Cannone

Borowieki - Ceci
Claesson - Wilkstrand
Harpur - Rutkowski

Driedger
Brassard

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
There should be development camp in the next couple of weeks. I have a feeling some people here confuse these two things.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Robinson - Pageau - Stone
Puempel - Lazar - Noesen
Prince - FA - Dunn
Hamilton - Maidens - Culek

Borowieki - Ceci
Claesson - Sdao
Harpur - Rutkowski

Driedger
Brassard

This year I would be happy if we brought four guys eligible for Binghamton from the CHL that are undrafted. We lack some Bingo depth and a good chunk of prospects are NCAA/Europe. Would mind Murray adding a guy to a 3 year ELC if he earns one (I'd say a good six or seven players do this every year at the rookie tournaments.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
New Version: Still think the Sens invite a couple of undrafted guys.

Prince - Grant - Stone - could be good for Stone to get an early start to his season
Puempel - Lazar - Noesen - three first rounders
Schneider - Hamilton - Dunn
Kramer - Culek - Robinson/Maidens - I imagine they will be careful with Maidens

Blood - Ceci
Sdao - Wideman
Harpur - Rutkowski/New - Claesson may still be in Sweden

Driedger - Brassard/Hammond - one game each, best one plays the championship game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad