OT: 2013 Redskins Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Pat White can't practice for shiat but he can certainly make some plays on game day. What is up with that?

I understand he needs to be able to practice well to have any chance to be on the roster. To able to run scout teams etc. How can you run a scout team when you cannot do the basics.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
In the famous words of Charles Barkley, you guys looked, "turrible, just turrible."

I would not be surprised in the least if you sign whatever QB we cut.

Hope not. If it's Pat White, I'd rather have Vince Young since he already has (minimal) chemistry with the receivers. If it's Grossman, I'd rather have Leinart. Either way though... nothing too appealing out there. Gotta hope Manuel's ready for the opener.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Hope not. If it's Pat White, I'd rather have Vince Young since he already has (minimal) chemistry with the receivers. If it's Grossman, I'd rather have Leinart. Either way though... nothing too appealing out there. Gotta hope Manuel's ready for the opener.

Vince Young was just named the Packers back-up so that's not an option; they cut Graham Herrell. Rex > Matt, but yeah either way hopefully EJ is ready for you guys.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Crawford done for the year. DB depth continues to shrink

Losing Crawford is a blow, but in the punt return department since he was listed as a 3rd string corner with Minnifield.

Top 5 CB's at this time:

Wilson
MeAngelo
Amerson
Biggers
Minnifield

So who returns punts now? Moss, Chris Thompson, or Skye Dawson? My preference would be either Moss or Thompson over Dawson. Moss and Thompson can be used on offense in specialized rolls like slot receiver and change of pace RB, where I see the tiny Dawson as a Brandon Banks type. Really only on the roster to return kicks, and as with Banks, the Skins depth is to good now to waste a precious roster spot on a guy that can only return kicks.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Please no more Banks.

I am pulling for Thompson too. Could be a Darren Sproles type guy. I just worry about durability. He is so tiny, am afraid someone will break him.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Interesting decision for 3rd RB. Thompson returned a punt for TD, Roysters has been running well tonight, and Williams has been running well all preseason and he also is a special teams standout. 3 good depth guys for 1 spot. Good problem to have.

Another observation, LeRiebus has not looked good tonight. Wouldn't be shocked to see his name Saturday night on the cut list.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
ANything else noteworthy going on? I won't be able to watch until the end.

Thompson pulled of an impressive punt return for a TD.

The only other thing of note I observed last night was the contrast between the Skins and the Bucs. The Skins backups and scrubs were able to run plays and move the ball. The Bucs looked like a mess. The Skins looked like a team with a coaching staff going into its 4th year together.

Another bit of info I read today is that MMQB on SI.com will no longer use the Redskins name in their articles. The BS continues.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Per ESPN's Trey Wingo: doctor has expressed concern about how Redskins plan to use RGIII in their offense.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
What @wingoz also reports: Dr. Andrews does not want Redskins to expose RGIII's knee to punishment during games.

Last edited:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Likely the source of those 2 tweets is someone in Griffins immediate family, or Griffin himself.

Kevin Sheehan just said on 980 that if he was Shanahan that he would play Cousins week 1. That if Andrews thinks the Skins should curb their offense to protect Griffins knee that Griffin isn't ready to play.

I agree with Sheehan. If Griffin cannot perform the entire Skins offense then he isn't ready to play.

More unnecessary BS. Love those "sources".

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Thompson pulled of an impressive punt return for a TD.

The only other thing of note I observed last night was the contrast between the Skins and the Bucs. The Skins backups and scrubs were able to run plays and move the ball. The Bucs looked like a mess. The Skins looked like a team with a coaching staff going into its 4th year together.

Another bit of info I read today is that MMQB on SI.com will no longer use the Redskins name in their articles. The BS continues.

I watched that punt return TD like 5 times. Crazy that he was literally facing three bucs players.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Andrews already refuted that report and Trey Wingo is a known mouthpiece for Griffen's family.

Tired of the drama.

The team is as good at this stage as I've seen in a long time.

Last edited:

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Hard to wrap my brain around it but man the Skins have drafted well and really done a good job with the BS Cap penalty the last couple of years. Not sure if this is reality.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Minnifield cut

Makes sense considering there are reports out there that Pat White made the team and the Skins will carry 4 QBs, and Thompson made the team and the Skins will carry 4 RBs and 1 FB. So someone like Minnifield, who stood a good chance of making the team, ultimately is cut. There should be another surprise depth guy getting the boot too considering 4 QBs and 4 RBs.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
My hope for the Practice Squad, in no particular order:

1. LB Will Compton
2. OT Xavier Nixon
3. CB Chase Minnefield
4. WR Lance Lewis
5. RB Jawan Jamison
6. FB Eric Kettani
7. WR Nick Williams
8. WR Skye Dawson

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Gomes is the other surprise depth guy getting the boot. Then again, based on his unspectacular play as a reserve this pre-season, I am not that surprised he got cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad