OT: 2013 Redskins Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
The real bad news in the Cousins injury story is RG3 and out makes the team, again.

Actually Grossman did ok last night. He even ran some bootleg effectively, but if he has to play he will get squashed behind the right side of that line.

I am really pulling for Compton to progress so he can take Polumbus's spot. Long shot though with Compton on playing LT so far. A guy can dream though.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
The real bad news in the Cousins injury story is RG3 and out makes the team, again.

Actually Grossman did ok last night. He even ran some bootleg effectively, but if he has to play he will get squashed behind the right side of that line.

I am really pulling for Compton to progress so he can take Polumbus's spot. Long shot though with Compton on playing LT so far. A guy can dream though.

i was choking on my coors lights, repeatedly, at times during the game.

every last instance was as a result of something from the mouth of chucky indicating sexy rexy was a "good" qb.

one of the best times was right after the td pass....chucky lets fly with "and grossman shows why he's still an nfl starting caliber qb".....darn near sprayed the screen....

Foy

Jun 6, 2006
I will say this about Rex Grossman, he's not completely horrible. I mean, for a third stringer, you could do worse.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
American Indian "Activists" is worth a laugh. How about politicians and lawyers that have nothing better to do.

Slate beating the drums ;) for change by boycotting the name.

Does any skins fan even read their site?

Talk about a desperate move by a media outlet. They should ban complete coverage of the team if they feel that strongly. I bet no one would notice. Or more likely, they would lose their last few readers of their sports page.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
If by "horizon" you mean "operating table" then you are correct (supposedly "minor" knee procedure).

He'll be the starter when he's healthy. He gives Bills fans something they haven't had in 15 years....hope of a franchise QB. Something we hadn't had until last season.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
American Indian "Activists" is worth a laugh. How about politicians and lawyers that have nothing better to do.

Slate beating the drums ;) for change by boycotting the name.

Does any skins fan even read their site?

Talk about a desperate move by a media outlet. They should ban complete coverage of the team if they feel that strongly. I bet no one would notice. Or more likely, they would lose their last few readers of their sports page.

It is a page click bait article. It has been mentioned before by others but can't imagine the name will change unless they lose the copyright/trademark (whatevas).

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Jaws is a QB belongs in a pocket purist. I bet he saw the same things last year. And kept his mouth shut since he dominated in passing stats, %, low INTs, QB rating etc.

He is a natural talent. He can make plays without needing 100% old school mechanics. Its actually why we drafted him.

It's not golf, teams let QBs use their legs now. Think Happy Gilmore ha.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I imagine the enormous brace is having some effect too.

In other news, Haynesworth recently told the media people only hate him because he's successful. First of all fatty, the way you flamed out of the league counts as a failure in my book. Second, most people respect success. It's not the reason they hate you. They hate you because you are just awful all around.

I hope the employees at his burger joint show the same amount of effort he did with the Skins.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
Jaws is a QB belongs in a pocket purist. I bet he saw the same things last year. And kept his mouth shut since he dominated in passing stats, %, low INTs, QB rating etc.

He is a natural talent. He can make plays without needing 100% old school mechanics. Its actually why we drafted him.

I didn't hear the statement in context, but it is possible that the concern is more related to RG3 not being 100% healthy and compensating in some manner as opposed to a comment on his normal mechanics.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I didn't hear the statement in context, but it is possible that the concern is more related to RG3 not being 100% healthy and compensating in some manner as opposed to a comment on his normal mechanics.

I think it was overblown like everything in the modern media. One sentence is all you get and we are judge jury and executioner.

You have to go fish for the context. I think Jaws admitted it was a small sample size.

Doesn't matter, he spoke negatively about Mr Perfect.

pitchforks-and-torches1.jpg

EDIT

And look at that, no other than John Keim to counter Jaws

Robert Griffin III Report: Better mechanics

Speaking of perfect, someone likened Brian Orakpo's game to Ovi's - one trick pony. I bit my keyboard. Let me know when Rak wins MVP. I for one am thrilled with our depth at OLB and hope Rak gets used more situation-ally this year. Kerrigan reads plays while it seems Rak has his head down bull rushing.

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Considering he was gushing over Kaepernick (a non-traditional QB) in the same segment, I don't think that's in play here. But no, he clearly said he looked off from where he was last season mechanics-wise.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I think it was overblown like everything in the modern media. One sentence is all you get and we are judge jury and executioner.

You have to go fish for the context. I think Jaws admitted it was a small sample size.

Doesn't matter, he spoke negatively about Mr Perfect.

pitchforks-and-torches1.jpg

EDIT

And look at that, no other than John Keim to counter Jaws

Robert Griffin III Report: Better mechanics

Speaking of perfect, someone likened Brian Orakpo's game to Ovi's - one trick pony. I bit my keyboard. Let me know when Rak wins MVP. I for one am thrilled with our depth at OLB and hope Rak gets used more situation-ally this year. Kerrigan reads plays while it seems Rak has his head down bull rushing.

I'd feel better if that was a respected 3rd party with that feedback instead of team officials who you KNOW will do nothing else than try to positively reinforce RG3 in the press. Unless he looks BLATANTLY off in his mechanics, to the point where you couldn't BS about it, I think the team is going to remain positive at all times. Mental confidence is huge in coming back from a knee injury.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Considering he was gushing over Kaepernick (a non-traditional QB) in the same segment, I don't think that's in play here. But no, he clearly said he looked off from where he was last season mechanics-wise.

Oh so you heard that. You clearly know more than I. But its a preseason game warm up, just started to get 1st team reps. Its only a story because of the modern media.

I remember being pissed when we didn't draft Dalton. Sure Dalton wasn't a future star but I wanted the Shanahan's to get moving on at least drafting a QB, any QB.

Sure enough they could have had Jaw's boy Kaepernick who was selected with the pick after Dalton.

Yeah we got Kerrigan but at the time, I wanted a QB. I did not want another RAK, a 4-3 end we had to convert and hope he did good in coverage a few years later.

We could have traded back and gotten 2 guys heh.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am more excited to see OLB Jenkins with Kerrigan down in the dirt.

I actually found myself liking Rob Jackson quite a bit. He like Kerrigan, just makes plays. And dare I think is much better in coverage.

Rak has a lot of competition. I hope he can remain healthy. He has missed a lot of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad