Injury Report: 2013 post season

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Demers injury was known, a sprained ankle..and he was healthy at the start of the 2nd round.

Brodie Brazil @brodiebrazilCSN
Marty Havlat dealt with a pulled groin during the playoffs. #sjsharks

I'm sure the Bieksa **** shot didn't help that.

I mean this in all seriousness, Havlat needs to do yoga or pilates or something. A lack of flexibility can lead to a lot of muscle related injuries.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I'm no Doctor, but is a pulled groin that serious?

Burns played about 1/2 of last season with both hernia and groin injuries...both of which required surgery so a guy can play through it, it's about a players pain threshold.

USF Shark

Zôion politikòn
Aug 19, 2005
DC Area
I'm no Doctor, but is a pulled groin that serious?

depends on how bad it is.

I've had first degree groin pulls where I was fine after two weeks, but I had a second degree groin pull after hurting myself at football practice and I went back to practice after a week and couldn't do much of anything. I wasn't fully healthy until a month later. If he had a second or third degree pull it wouldn't surprise me if he was unable to do anything for a month.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 3m
Havlat - pulled groin. Also, Braun's hand injury from Finland was something he dealt with all season. Needs minor surgery. #SJSharks

I think this explains why Braun's shot suddenly went to hell. Hopefully gets that all fixed up, rehabs, puts on strength, and comes back next season ready to kick ass.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
So basically no one was injured?

I guess if you consider Havlat, Demers, Couture, Vlasic and Braun no one you're right.

I bet there are more. Thornton never talks about his injuries AFAIR. Marleau is quiet as well unless there's surgery involved. Don't know about others. I still think Pavelski was hindered, but it may not have been something major.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Well I knew Havlat and Demers were injured so the only players playing thru injuries are Vlasic, Braun, and Couture. And it didn't seem to affect their play so meh.

Hertl Power

May 7, 2010
Bay Area, California
I guess if you consider Havlat, Demers, Couture, Vlasic and Braun no one you're right.

I bet there are more. Thornton never talks about his injuries AFAIR. Marleau is quiet as well unless there's surgery involved. Don't know about others. I still think Pavelski was hindered, but it may not have been something major.

Thornton's injuries have been released in the past. Not sure if he was the one to discuss them or not but a couple years ago when we lost to the Canucks it came out that he had lost the tip of one of his fingers and separated his shoulder.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Thornton's injuries have been released in the past. Not sure if he was the one to discuss them or not but a couple years ago when we lost to the Canucks it came out that he had lost the tip of one of his fingers and separated his shoulder.

Yeah but that was a pretty major one. He needed surgery.

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston
Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 3m
Havlat - pulled groin. Also, Braun's hand injury from Finland was something he dealt with all season. Needs minor surgery. #SJSharks

I think this explains why Braun's shot suddenly went to hell. Hopefully gets that all fixed up, rehabs, puts on strength, and comes back next season ready to kick ass.

I thought it was Demers who got slashed on the wrist in Finland. Was Braun hurt there too?

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
High ankle sprains are the worst. I had one in college and it bugged me for months. It never really healed.

Yep. I was older and out of shape, but I had one about 4 years ago that was so bad I could barely get to the bathroom the first couple days. I could not even put covers over that leg because it hurt when it touched part of my ankle and I was taking Vicodin. I wouldn't say my ankle felt stable for over 2 years. Almost tore it a couple times the first year because it was still out of whack.

Took 2 months before I could barely walk, I was unemployed at the time, and I had to start a new job barely being able to get to the interview.

No way to know how bad his was, but they can be brutal. This from someone who's had shingles and revision hip surgery (look it up. it's brutal).

Colonel Angus

Jul 24, 2005
Shady Thicket
I really don't think these guys would go up to a reporter and say "Oh BTW, I had a sprained phalange. That's why we lost." Unless a trainer spills the beans on everyone, I doubt we'd hear about the non-major hidden injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad