Injury Report: 2013 post season

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 8m
Couture had ankle injury, needed a shot every game to play as well. But Couture quick to say didn't affect his performance. No excuse.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Havlat should have been the first thing out of the org's mouth. His injury was bar none the biggest reason we lost.

SJGoalie32

Apr 7, 2007
TealTown, USA
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 8m
Couture had ankle injury, needed a shot every game to play as well. But Couture quick to say didn't affect his performance. No excuse.

Not that I wish to derail this thread, but this phenomenon has always been (to me) a much bigger issue in sports than steroids.

You have an injury. Your body is telling you it's hurt. That it cannot go any further Your pain is so great that you physically cannot do what you used to be able to do normally. Your natural human body is not healthy enough to be effective. Yet thanks to the miracle of unnatural drugs that clearly enhance your performance, you are able to ignore that natural warning and push your body past its healthy limits, risking even greater injury and more permanent damage.

I don't know what the solution is. I don't know where the appropriate line should be. But someone who is physically unable to compete unless they are pumped full of drugs is--again, to me--a far more serious and prevalent problem facing athletes today than anything involving HGH or steroids.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Not that I wish to derail this thread, but this phenomenon has always been (to me) a much bigger issue in sports than steroids.

You have an injury. Your body is telling you it's hurt. That it cannot go any further Your pain is so great that you physically cannot do what you used to be able to do normally. Your natural human body is not healthy enough to be effective. Yet thanks to the miracle of unnatural drugs that clearly enhance your performance, you are able to ignore that natural warning and push your body past its healthy limits, risking even greater injury and more permanent damage.

I don't know what the solution is, I don't know where the appropriate line should be, but someone who is physically unable to compete unless they are pumped full of drugs is--again, to me--a far more serious and prevalent problem facing athletes today than anything involving HGH or steroids.
Yeah it kind of sounds like PEDs. I mean any type of painkiller is a PED, technically.

Not that I mind, I think PEDs should be mandatory.

PlaywithGutz*

via @ronwilson, barryM
patty had his feelings hurt since 06 and has been going to therapy with Hanta Yo for 6 years with no progress...

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Brodie Brazil ‏@brodiebrazilCSN 3m

#sjsharks will clean out lockers, make final comments, divulge injuries, and break for the summer tomorrow morning around 10am.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Brodie Brazil ‏@brodiebrazilCSN 30s
Adam Burish has a plate and 8 screws in his hand after 1st round injury. They will remain in. #sjsharks

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Ouch and he was playing his best hockey all year.

He really was. I honestly feel a little better about Burish now than I did going into the playoffs. He's still not a great hockey player, but if we can get a fourth line that actually has a niche, like Sheppard-Burish-Desjardins, as opposed to Burish-Gomez-Kennedy or whatever hodgepodge of cluster**** is left over from the rest of the lines, then I'm not as upset about Burish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad