2013 Player Development Camp

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
was conacher forced to go to camp? hes 23 years old 24 to start next season, let him work on his game on his own this off season, he knows what he needs to do, although he could have asked to go, then props to him

Conacher needs to be there, he knows what he has to do and I'm sure he is just feeling his way around. Like veteran pitchers in spring training I'm sure he is just trying to learn and feel his way around things. It's a development camp it is the invites and the low draft picks that need to really impress here.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
Will be interesting to see after camp if Ceci can make the team over someone like Gryba or even Wiercioch.

I doubt Ceci makes it out of camp/at all this season. At most I think he'll get a couple call up games (as long as he's doing well), just to let him get an idea of the speed/physicality necessary in the NHL.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I doubt Ceci makes it out of camp/at all this season. At most I think he'll get a couple call up games (as long as he's doing well), just to let him get an idea of the speed/physicality necessary in the NHL.

I could see him getting a 9 game trial.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010

Possible, but think it will be a few less and be spread out. Easier to give a forward a straight 9 game trial I think. For defence it's a lot easier to get burned and think a game here or there is better for confidence. We will see :)

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I don't know why but I got the feeling that Pageau is born to be a hero... and a leader

Also Buddy Robinson is huge.

Yes, I was like wow, a man among boys

Zibby, Conacher, and Pageau are just going to make everyone there look bad.

I dunno man... there's some pretty good prospects out there (Ceci, Puempel, Maidens, Noesen, Prince, Stone, Lazar,...)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Ceci will be playing in Bingo this yr, he will be a pro signed to a contract & they will be able to call him up & play him as many games as they want. There is no 9 game limit with him.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Ceci will be playing in Bingo this yr, he will be a pro signed to a contract & they will be able to call him up & play him as many games as they want. There is no 9 game limit with him.

Edit:
Nevermind turns 20 before the 31st.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I was at the development camp again today & there were a lot of scrimmages that were fun to watch. I had a birds eye view from the restaurant above the ice unfortunately you miss stuff that happens directly below or in the corners. Pageau made a great rush on one play blowing right by the defender whose name/number I missed & deked the goalie for a nice goal. I missed a lot of stuff today though being interrupted by people & kids. Stone was there for the team photo than left, I assume he was training with Maidens again. Conacher took a nasty shot to the back of the leg that hurt him, he shook it off though. Maclean, Dorion, T. Murray & Richardson were all in their perch above the rink in the corner next to the restaurant.

Players who stood out today with their play: Ceci, Zibanejad, Pageau, Robinson, Prince, Puempel, Schneider, Hogberg & Brassard. I thought Lazar had another good day too as did Grant, he was skating much better today & got more involved.

Puempel - has a rocket of a shot, he will be interesting to watch in Bingo he could lead the team in goals.

Prince - see Puempel, this kid is skilled, an excellent skater with great vision.

Brassard - had a real good day, made some great athlectic saves, still didn't see Dreidger. Will be interesting to see what Ottawa does with these 4 goalies.

Hogberg - he maybe didn't do anything to standout, but did make some nice saves, good glove hand. He takes up a good chunk of net, I just keep thinking he is Lehner.

Robinson - this guy can skate, he may not be as fast as Greening but he's fast for such a big guy. If he can develp a good pair of hands we could have a real sleeper here.

Zibanejad - IMO he is the best player in camp, he' fast, he works hard & he has good vision. He's young so I expect he will have problems with scoring consistently but he is going to be a good one.

Pageau - he looked like a pro today, was skating really well, setting up plays & scoring.

Schneider - was skating well today & made a couple of nice plays at full speed. I expect he will be much better this yr in Bingo too. Bingo could have another really good team this yr with all these good young prospects & returning vets.

Note: again today there is a lot going on all at the same time at both ends of the ice so it's hard to see everything. There are some guys here who are going to be a pain in the arse to play against. They may not be as skilled as some other guys & not score as much but they are going to be hard on the opposition. Guys like Noesen, Sdao, Kramer, Grant & Hamilton are tough guys to play against they are all very good defensively. Harpur has a hell of a reach on D as does Dasilva, they both break up a lot of plays because of it. They would be interesting book ends on D, both being 6'6".

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
I was at the development camp again today & there were a lot of scrimmages that were fun to watch. I had a birds eye view from the restaurant above the ice unfortunately you miss stuff that happens directly below or in the corners. Pageau made a great rush on one play blowing right by the defender whose name/number I missed & deked the goalie for a nice goal. I missed a lot of stuff today though being interrupted by people & kids. Stone was there for the team photo than left, I assume he was training with Maidens again. Conacher took a nasty shot to the back of the leg that hurt him, he shook it off though. Maclean, Dorion, T. Murray & Richardson were all in their perch above the rink in the corner next to the restaurant.

Players who stood out today with their play: Ceci, Zibanejad, Pageau, Robinson, Prince, Puempel, Schneider, Hogberg & Brassard. I thought Lazar had another good day too as did Grant, he was skating much better today & got more involved.

Puempel - has a rocket of a shot, he will be interesting to watch in Bingo he could lead the team in goals.

Prince - see Puempel, this kid is skilled, an excellent skater with great vision.

Brassard - had a real good day, made some great athlectic saves, still didn't see Dreidger. Will be interesting to see what Ottawa does with these 4 goalies.

Hogberg - he maybe didn't do anything to standout, but did make some nice saves, good glove hand. He takes up a good chunk of net, I just keep thinking he is Lehner.

Robinson - this guy can skate, he may not be as fast as Greening but he's fast for such a big guy. If he can develp a good pair of hands we could have a real sleeper here.

Zibanejad - IMO he is the best player in camp, he' fast, he works hard & he has good vision. He's young so I expect he will have problems with scoring consistently but he is going to be a good one.

Pageau - he looked like a pro today, was skating really well, setting up plays & scoring.

Schneider - was skating well today & made a couple of nice plays at full speed. I expect he will be much better this yr in Bingo too. Bingo could have another really good team this yr with all these good young prospects & returning vets.

Note: again today there is a lot going on all at the same time at both ends of the ice so it's hard to see everything. There are some guys here who are going to be a pain in the arse to play against. They may not be as skilled as some other guys & not score as much but they are going to be hard on the opposition. Guys like Noesen, Sdao, Kramer, Grant & Hamilton are tough guys to play against they are all very good defensively. Harpur has a hell of a reach on D as does Dasilva, they both break up a lot of plays because of it. They would be interesting book ends on D, both being 6'6".

:handclap: Thanks for the writeup! How far do you guys see Prince from playing in the NHL?

kg3inott

May 12, 2009
Ottawa
:handclap: Thanks for the writeup! How far do you guys see Prince from playing in the NHL?

I feel he's close. I feel he will get his chance sometime throughout the season. Have been at both days of dev camp and he's the guy that's stood out the most other than zibby and pageau. Mac also mentioned him a couple on the radio today as one of the guys he's been impressed with.

Couple of underrated guys that really impressed me today

Robbinson - he's been getting some love around here and it's well deserved.

Wideman - just wish he was a little bit taller, but he was impressive, great break out passes, and I was surprised on how good defensively he is. Should be a big part bingo this year.

Baillargeon - was quite impressed, tons of skill. Needs strength, still a project.

Side note - really thought Conacher raised his game to another level today. Began to dominate. (didn't feel that way yesterday)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I don't know, he has a lot of skill, that is obvious but he's in tough on this team because they have so many good players. I think he is only a yr or two away from the NHL but it may not be in Ottawa. He's still young so there is lots of time & lots of things can change by the time he is NHL ready or called up. We'll see.

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
I have a really good hunch about Ryan Dzingel. This kid looks like he could be a 7th round steal IMO. Anybody else agree?

I agree. From the interview on the Senators website, he seems really determined and focused to play in the NHL one day. He might not be the most skilled guy at the camp, but he seems like the most determined. Someone mentioned this a few pages back but he wins almost every puck battle and never gives up. Certainly the attitude I want on this team and the coaching staff has to be impressed.

Smitty26

Oct 24, 2011
jeff costello was a beast today. skating well, sniping bar down and winning puck battles.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I have a really good hunch about Ryan Dzingel. This kid looks like he could be a 7th round steal IMO. Anybody else agree?

Agree. I absolutely love the way the sens have handled most of their 4th-7th round picks the last few years. Staying away from the CHL gives them more time to develop before we have to make a decision on them. All of Baillargeon, Dzingel and McCormick seem like great value picks. Dzingel and McCormick are the two best players for Ohio, with Dzingel being a top 5 player in the whole CCHA.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Zibby and Claesson bromance cooled off?

I am disappoint.

ZibbyClaesson_zps53a3f341.png

never

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad