2013 Player Development Camp

Berserker*

According to this article

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Jackals--Trainer-Andrews-Heads-to-Ottawa.html?soid=1102789713664&aid=PY6MICxLZXQ

The Senators will hold their 2013 Player Development Camp from July 3 - 10 in Ottawa.

There is still some decent talent that was passed over in this draft, hopefully the Senators invite a few of those players to their development camp. Some of the players that I think they should consider inviting are Tyler Hill, Carter Rigby, Jamal Watson, Jaimen Yakubowski and Jacob Doty.

roster_zps49321bf2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Michel Pinard‏@michelpinard201h
Wow ! congrats to my good friend Mathieu Gagnon who is invited by the Ottawa Senators to their training camp !
Go for it all Math !

Local kid. Makes sense.

Berserker*

Who are these people ?

They are prospects who were draft eligible but were passed over in this draft.

Tyler Hill is a big (6'6 225 lbs) power forward prospect who is very raw but has some intriguing upside.

Carter Rigby, Jaimen Yakubowski and Jamal Watson are gritty bottom six forwards from the WHL.

Jacob Doty is one of the top enforcer's in the WHL who actually put up some decent points this year.

SilverRed

Jan 19, 2011
Anybody have the list of players going to be there? I know all of 2012 and 2013 draftees but who else do you think will be going? I went after the 2011 draft and it was stocked with top rated prospects. Who will be there this year?

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Good experience for these players who were not drafted, to be invited and be graded by professional hockey scouts, coaches.......

Will show them what they have improve on to perhaps become good enough to play the game at the professional level.

If they work and work on what the Sens Org tells them, maybe just maybe they will become pro hockey players!!!!!!!

To live their dream...................................:nod:

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
They are prospects who were draft eligible but were passed over in this draft.

Tyler Hill is a big (6'6 225 lbs) power forward prospect who is very raw but has some intriguing upside.

Carter Rigby, Jaimen Yakubowski and Jamal Watson are gritty bottom six forwards from the WHL.

Jacob Doty is one of the top enforcer's in the WHL who actually put up some decent points this year.

I was surprised that we did not draft Hill in the 6th round if he pans out he could have been a steal

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Goalies (according to 6th Sens)

Francois Brassard (Drafted 2012)
Chris Driedger (Drafted 2012)
Andrew Hammond (College FA)
Marcus Hogberg (Drafted 2013)
Branden Komm (Invite???)

D:

Tim Boyle
Claesson
Ceci
Corbett**
DaSilva**
Erkamps**
Gagnon**
Harpur
Rutkowski
Sdao
Wideman

F:

Baillargeon
Berger**
Conacher
Costello
Culek
Dunn
Dzingel
Grant
Hamilton
Lazar
Leblanc
Lindberg
Maidens
McCormick
Noesen
Pageau
Puempel
Robinson
Schneider
Shore
Stone
Zibby

Berserker*

Jack Berger seems like a pretty interesting invitee.

“Jack is our most all around player on the team,” Prier said. “He can play in all situations both physically and because he is extremely skilled. He has a knack for scoring goals. We know what we are going to get out of him at each shift; he is a reliable player."

“Jack really pays attention to details well,” Prier said. “This helps him with his development. He is in the proper place on the ice, which makes the game easier for him. He really wants to be better and works so hard, and he is being rewarded for it.”

“Jack is a big, strong forward who uses his body to his advantage,” Farris said. “He is great at separating guys from pucks and protecting pucks when he himself has possession. He is a smart player and one of the hardest working guys on the ice that I’ve ever played with — you almost have to drive a stake through the guy’s heart to get him to stop.”

“Jack is a great teammate or friend because he will drop anything to help a teammate out,” Farris said. “No matter what time of day or what someone needs, Jack will help them out without asking any questions. Also, he is a positive guy who always lifts up people around him. He is always smiling, laughing and enjoying life.”

All the above quotes are from the following article http://www.dailyprincetonian.com/2011/12/14/29667/ which also referred to Berger as a "gorilla" on the ice.

Midas0

Only the best Scouts
Dec 12, 2009
Peterborough, ON
if anybody goes to watch them scrim or practice make sure you bring a camcorder of some sort! get some video for us people who don't live in/near Ottawa!

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Ya, I was a bit surprised to see Zibanejad and Conacher on the list.

I have a feeling it may just be because they are in Ottawa.

I think I remember Silfverberg saying he was going to Sweden until the end of July.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
According to this article

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Jackals--Trainer-Andrews-Heads-to-Ottawa.html?soid=1102789713664&aid=PY6MICxLZXQ

There is still some decent talent that was passed over in this draft, hopefully the Senators invite a few of those players to their development camp. Some of the players that I think they should consider inviting are Tyler Hill, Carter Rigby, Jamal Watson, Jaimen Yakubowski and Jacob Doty.

Who are these people ?

All the lonely people
Where do they all belong?

Berserker*

I have a feeling it may just be because they are in Ottawa.

I think I remember Silfverberg saying he was going to Sweden until the end of July.

Maybe that is the case. Aside from that, there are still a number of prospects who are not taking part in this development camp such as: Borowiecki, Dziurzynski, Hoffman, Da Costa, Petersson, Cowick or Wiercioch.

pearcey

Jun 14, 2013
Only reason Zibby is on the list is because he is in Ottawa and has been in Ottawa for the last month. He is doing all his training here for the off-season. Silfverberg is still in Sweden and considering he was drafted in 09 there really is no need for him to attend. Only person on this list that surprises me is Conacher but him and Zibby are great friends. Not sure if they are working out together in Ottawa but that may be the reason he is attending it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad