2013 official HF Sharks fantasy league - info and signup (Sign-ups closed)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Alright people, we're on a time crunch, but the official HF Sharks fantasy league from last year (the 4-division, head-to-head format league) is going to try its best to get organized and started for puck drop on the 2013 season this coming Saturday.

All 4 commissioners (myself, Shape, Hockeyball, and Bluefunnel) are going to be back, but we need to see how participation stacks up.

So what we need is to know who wants to play.

For those of you who don't remember, or who are new to the boards since last year's league, because of the # of participants in years past, we run the league as 4 separate leagues (which we refer to as divisions) and use a promotion/relegation system to exchange the top and bottom finishers in each league/division in order to try and make the most competitively balanced setup possible.

Last year's settings were:

Type: H2H
Stats: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK), Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)
Playoffs: Week 22,23,24 (8 teams)
Draft: Live
Max Trades: No max
Waiver time: 2 days
Max acquisitions per week: 4
Min Games played: 3
Roster positions: C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR

There will probably be some tweaking based on the fact that this is a short season and if the overall structure changes, but this is the starting point.

So if you're interested and didn't play in this league last year, please post here so we know. Also let us know how much fantasy experience you have so that we can slot you into the appropriate division to your skill level. Please be aware though that we need to cap the # of participants based on the #of returnees and how big the league goes, so not everyone who signs up will necessarily be able to play. We will take participants on a first-come, first-served basis.

To anyone who did participate last year: Expect a private message some time today from either myself or your respective division commissioner from last year to confirm your return or to opt out. Or you could also take the initiative and post here or send a private message to save some time. Also note that we did indeed keep track of participation in the league. If you were an absentee GM last season, you will not be invited back.

We are hoping to hold drafts on Thursday or Friday so that we're ready for game 1, so signup will probably close on Wednesday night or Thursday morning. Because of the tight turnaround, make sure that you'd be OK with either drafting one of those evenings, or with allowing yahoo to autodraft for you with or without you setting player rankings in advance.

thanks everyone

Sharkway Drive

****ing All Star!
Jul 10, 2010
SF
I'm interested in participating this year. I'm gonna need to be in the super beginner level though since I've never done fantasy. :)

Vaasa

Aug 23, 2006
Sacramento, CA
I think I am going to bow out of the "official" leagues this year, despite being in the Div 1 group. Maybe next year if I end up returning to the US this summer (and am invited back), or if I have more time.

Thanks and let the jockeying to move up from Div 2 to Div 1 begin. :)

McSkittlez

Jumbo Trollton
Jul 19, 2010
San Jose
I am definitely interested in playing again.

BTW, I was PattyFTW. Just in case you didn't know.

Last edited:

Oppa

#
Oct 31, 2011
I want in but not exactly sure how to play. Time to research.

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
This is the list of all participants from last year (with no regard for people who aren't regular HF posters anymore or were absentee owners in the league)

Division 1 | Division 2 | Division 3 | Division 4
Shape | Bluefunnel | Hockeyball | The Nemesis
Cheechootrain | Sharksfan1 | Zaffy | mjb408
209 | ChokingV | Clowe Me | Naki
Vaasa | Nighthock | Bartcal | Lareves
jgood | SjSharks2010 | jwhitesj | Alaskanice
Sharks7 | Kluu | West Cost Bias | Sharkie551
Drunksage | irbelikewall | Dank211 | North Bay Sharkie
Labenezer | Cholewhat | SactoShark | Kpopandhockey
Magic School Bus | Solmors | Adapatation | PattyFTW
rangerssharks414 | RiskyF | FrizzleFry22 | WinthecupSJ
7150 | 4U2NV | Bizz06 | Param
Hab Shark | Graveland | Mafoofoo | TheProfessor1
BrianSmith | - | metalmilitia650 | Thorntonfan97
fasterthanlight | - | Inub0i | swimwithsharks

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I know that was for DrFeelgood but may be applicable to me as well. I am fairly comfortable with Fantasy leagues. Just have not done Hockey before.

yeah. I'm moreso going for fantasy hockey experience. We don't want to throw someone who'd never done fantasy hockey into the more cutthroat top division.

Trl3789

Jun 17, 2011
Bay Area
I'd like to participate as well if you have any open slots. I've played for a couple years (in espn leagues) but haven't done exceptionally well (middle of the pack).

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
divisions are not done by request. I have to check with bluefunnel about D2 (where you were last year) before we figure out promotion/relegation.

angry_438290_994572.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1