Prospect Info: 2013 NHL Entry Draft [Part VII] Offense: "We Want More, We Want More." 11 Days Remain

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
So if we pick Mackinnon, who's forward core is better?

Duchene
Mackinnon
Landeskog
O'Reilly

Or

Hall
RNH
Yakupov
Eberle

The only thing I can say without being a homer is that theirs is a bit soft with RNH and Eberle, but has more overall pure skill. I can say this without feeling too bias, I'd rather take our (potential) group in a 7 game playoff battle.

Edmonton has way more high end skill. Colorado with Landy and ROR bring a big defensive edge among other aspects and still have enough skill. Mackinnon gives Duchene another high end talent and gives us the edge IMO.

Colorado has a better mix, better fit. Edmonton probably has the better players from an individual standpoint but I'd take Landy's 25-30 goals + complete game over Yak's 35-40 goals when we already have Mac/Duchene on our team.

With Mack our forward core really becomes awesome. Assuming we keep ROR.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Edmonton has way more high end skill. Colorado with Landy and ROR bring a big defensive edge among other aspects and still have enough skill. Mackinnon gives Duchene another high end talent and gives us the edge IMO.

Colorado has a better mix, better fit. Edmonton probably has the better players from an individual standpoint but I'd take Landy's 25-30 goals + complete game over Yak's 35-40 goals when we already have Mac/Duchene on our team.

With Mack our forward core really becomes awesome. Assuming we keep ROR.

This is pretty much how I feel as well, our group would be a high end mix of two-way ability and scoring punch.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I really hope they don't use the #1 on Barkov...for far too long I've had it as

1) Jones

2) MacKinnon

I dont even know where to put the others...just take MacKinnon and prep for Round 2 if they're not taking Jones. Barkov is a Center, and if they're taking a Center, I'd rather they take the best one.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I want to know what/if happened along the way that the Avs soured on Jones not even being in the top 3. Unless they never had him ranked highly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad