Speculation: 2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings Version III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Was saying it might be an option in the future, stop being such a stickler.

Just having fun.

I think Gaborik is a more likely option, I doubt Sather is going to move one of his biggest signings especially after paying $18 million in signing money in the first 2 years of the contract.

Okay, maybe he'd do an Eberle for Richards, but why would Edmonton?

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Lupul being out sucks, but I think it will really show what our 'core' is.

I am somewhat hoping we move Grabo ...+ MacArthur, Steckel. Getting into this 1st round multiple times, can really help us in the future.

Kadri and Bozak can take the burden. And Mcclement deserves his own line (not the 4th line)

G51 K81*

Just having fun.

I think Gaborik is a more likely option, I doubt Sather is going to move one of his biggest signings especially after paying $18 million in signing money in the first 2 years of the contract.

Okay, maybe he'd do an Eberle for Richards, but why would Edmonton?

If any team was going to move Richards, it's New York. Gomez, Drury, Redden all signed huge contracts and were sold off or bought out before their contract expired. I wouldn't say it is totally unrealistic, especially if Richards is playing as bad as their fans say he is.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Bozak for MP?:naughty:

I like Magnus Paajarvi too and Steckel may be needed as a stop gap Center but they also need a Defenceman and Komisarek is in and out of our line-up as well.

Steckel is an expiring contract this year and Komisarek is next year, they may not be enough to get MP but.....

abdew29

Aug 4, 2011
Toronto
Is Grabovski expendable?

With the emergence of Nazem Kadri and Matt Frattin, in my mind, I feel that Grabo is in the spotlight and under the pressure of losing the 2nd line C position. Grabo's line has not been producing for the past couple of games. Too often, Grabo would just try to stick handle through the middle, or force an errant pass, among many other things. However, he does have 3G and 5P in 10 games this season.

I feel that Nazem Kadri has played tremendously well this season and he is proving that every game by making his teammates look good and displaying a lot of skill, grit and high-level of effort every game. I think he clearly deserves 2nd line C minutes. Granted, grabovski is infamous for slow starts and can potentially pot 50-60P every season, but i think we need more defined roles within our lineup. If we are ready to increase Kadri's minutes, then we have to see a reduction in Grabo's, and vice-versa. That said, Grabo does have value in the market, and his cap-hit is decent relative to other 2nd line centers who produce similar yearly points totals as him.

I can't think of any trade possibilities with grabovski. What do you guys think? What kind of moves do you guys think we should do? In my opinion, we need a 1C, 3C, top 4D and a G to be a playoff team. I love James Reimer and I think he should be starter but we need someone better than Scrivens, and someone who can actually challenge Reimer for the Number 1 position (Luongo?)

To Tor:
Brooks Laich
To Wash:
John Michael Liles
2013 5th round
Joe Colborne

To Tor:
???
To ???:
Grabovski

To Tor:
2013 2nd round pick (or better)
To Pittsburgh:
Clarke MacArthur

2013 Free Agent signing (if available)
Target: Getzlaf /Perry/Ryan Whitney

Lupul-Getzlaf-Kessel
Frattin-Kadri-Perry
Kulemin-Laich-Komarov
McLaren-McClement-Brown

Gunnarsson-Phaneuf
Whitney-Gardiner
Franson-Komisarek
Holzer
Fraser
Rielly (in the system)

Reimer
????

I know this is a fantasy, but it is still a possibility. Something tells me that Getzlaf and Perry will go together just like Parise and Sutter. Trading Grabovski now has a lot of advantages: Cap space, increased minutes for Kadri, and the possibility of tanking this year (for all you tanknation lovers) and getting a high draft pick.

What are your thoughts?

TML g u n n e R s*

the answer is no....

how do you know we are getting getz or perry... let alone both.

also if we are in a playoff spot or near one we are not gonna get rid of our top players

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
I dont understand why you would trade for Laich when you have McClement, they are kinda the same player? I do believe its time to trade some guys like Mac, Liles and one of the D-men they have.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Grabovski can be traded as long as a center is brought in to replace Bozak on the top line. With that said, at this point we need to keep him.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Should probably be in the trade/signings thread.

IMO, no, not until Toronto can obtain a similar player. They need his two way play.

SteveV*

Bit of a sideline, but curious if people think Bozak or Grabo is the better center? Forget Kessel considerations, if you had to take one, who would it be?

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I doubt MacArthur will get u a second round pick. He disappears and had a fluke year 2 years ago. Maybe a third rounder for him at this point. What does he provide every game? Not much. Over 3 million ? Mistake. I agree though trade him.

Who wants to watch Grabo for another 5 years at 5.5 million? I dont
Who wants to watch Liles for another 5 years at 3.8 million? I dont

Phaneuf makes 6.5 million. 2.5 million too much. U add up all that wasted money and all of a sudden the team cant chase top end free agents.

Do I miss Keith Aulie ? Yes I do. Carter Ashton for Aulie was a horrible trade. I bet Aulie asked to be moved after the debacle moving him up and down. At one point finishing the season on the top pairing with Phaneuf and than being sent down again in the following training camp. Im not saying Aulie is a top 3 guy. Maybe in the 4-6 range, but he is huge with a massive reach and can play tough, can fight.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Grabo's been thrust into a role he's never down before as the go-to shutdown center of the team. Yes he hasn't been perfect and yes it has affected his offensive output. That being said, I don't see why with proper development, he can't be our version of Patrice Bergeron-lite. So no - he's not expendable IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad