2013 IIHF World Championships-thread

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Lots of action all of a sudden. Have a feeling Canada will take it, especially if it goes to overtime. We made a game of it though.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Lots of action all of a sudden. Have a feeling Canada will take it, especially if it goes to overtime. We made a game of it though.

The Swedish powerplay was really good. However, the Canadian PK coverage was brutal, not sure why they didn't cover the point.

Going to overtime!

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Goalie change in OT? What the...
Swedish commentators said it was an IIHF rule that says if a goalie goes to the bench without being allowed to do so he has to switch. Enroth was just going to get water.

Pretty funny, wouldn't have been as funny had Canada scored on Markström :laugh: :help:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Shot 8 to stay alive

Eberle

why go with an Oiler when you need a god damn win? like they know anything about winning. christ

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He was clutch as hell in the WJCs. Guess the Oilers sucked it right out of him.

Good game! Still loathe shootouts though.
yeah that was 4.5 years ago now, the Oilers have wiped his mind of any ideas involving winning.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Eh, count me in the group who does not give a ****. :laugh:

The only vested interest I had in this tournament from a Canadian standpoint found himself watching the game from the stands.

This tournament is simply not very exciting to follow in my opinion. Everything about it screams 2nd rate from the fan fare, to the intensity, to the b level rosters (for some) etc...

Congratulations to Sweden I suppose.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Eh, count me in the group who does not give a ****. :laugh:

The only vested interest I had in this tournament from a Canadian standpoint found himself watching the game from the stands.

This tournament is simply not very exciting to follow in my opinion. Everything about it screams 2nd rate from the fan fare, to the intensity, to the b level rosters (for some) etc...

Congratulations to Sweden I suppose.

This is however, the tournament right before Sochi. This gets me fairly concerned for TC, as they simply do not succeed on big ice. Canada is definitely not clear-cut favorite going into Sochi.

And while you can say that Canada did not bring out its best talent, we did have the best players in the tournament, so there's no excuses.

JagrBomber

Oct 8, 2010
Calgary, Canada
That's what happens when you scratch TJ Brodie: you lose.

This. Although his replacement in Subban had a stellar game, IMO.

But why not scratch Harrison or Robidas? Both older guys that weren't doing much. Brodie didn't stand out either, but get him used to the culture of a WHC so that you can use him again if the opportunity presents itself. Who's with me?

Anyways, go Switz. Would be nice to see them win all the marbles.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Reto Berra gets surprisingly the start for Switzerland in the semifinal vs. the USA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad