Prospect Info: 2013 Draft [Part 8]: Unsolved Mysteries: MacKinnon, Drouin or Barkov? 4 Days Remain

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I'm ok with the Avs telling their draft order. It might force somebody that want Mac to really overpay.

What I am really against though is for Roy to go public about asking ROR to play on Matt's wing. He should have talked to him first. He is really putting him on the spot. If he says no and he is put on wing on another line, a lot of speculation will start about him not wanting to play with Matt. It would look really bad. So right now he is kind of forced to say yes.

BTW I think it would be a very good line. ROR will be doing the dirty work and he could score a lot of garbage goals in front of the net. These two could also use a player that has a great forecheck.

Zandar

Jan 20, 2007
So thoughts on Sakic working with Duchene and MacKinnon more one on one now that he is more involved with the Avs? Just think what they could learn...especially in regards to his shot.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
So thoughts on Sakic working with Duchene and MacKinnon more one on one now that he is more involved with the Avs? Just think what they could learn...especially in regards to his shot.

I can't imagine how much better Duchene would be if he could, you know, get his shot ON goal.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I'm ok with the Avs telling their draft order. It might force somebody that want Mac to really overpay.

What I am really against though is for Roy to go public about asking ROR to play on Matt's wing. He should have talked to him first. He is really putting him on the spot. If he says no and he is put on wing on another line, a lot of speculation will start about him not wanting to play with Matt. It would look really bad. So right now he is kind of forced to say yes.

BTW I think it would be a very good line. ROR will be doing the dirty work and he could score a lot of garbage goals in front of the net. These two could also use a player that has a great forecheck.

I don't think ROR would have a problem playing on a wing with Duchene. IF there is a problem then I would assume it would be playing wing at all.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I don't think ROR would have a problem playing on a wing with Duchene. IF there is a problem then I would assume it would be playing wing at all.
I agree I don't he will have any problem with it. I'm just saying it should have been handled one on one first to avoid any risk of speculation later and possibly create problems in the dressing room.

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
I agree I don't he will have any problem with it. I'm just saying it should have been handled one on one first to avoid any risk of speculation later and possibly create problems in the dressing room.

I'm assuming Roy has seen that O'reilly has done well as a winger while Duchene has only thrived as a center.

TBH I'd much rather keep O'reilly at center and move Stas to Mack's wing:

McGinn - duchene - PAP
stasnty - mack - jones
landy - oreilly - downie

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California

I think you are underestimating the professionalism of hockey players. This is the NHL, not the NBA, where players are deciding who the next coach of a franchise is going to be.

O'Reilly will play wherever Roy asks him to, and he'll do it without complaining regardless whether it was announced publicly first or one-on-one first.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I just watched Bobby Mac talk about Nathan MacKinnon. Holy **** am I pumped for this kid. He could be the game-changer game-breaker we need.

Guys slow down and think for a second.

We have.

The first.

Over

all

pick.

We are picking the best player in the draft.

Ice Crusher

Apr 10, 2011
Quebec City
I just watched Bobby Mac talk about Nathan MacKinnon. Holy **** am I pumped for this kid. He could be the game-changer game-breaker we need.

We have.

The first.

Over

all

pick.

Can't wait to sign Scuderi!!! Will be our #2D next season :D

member 116861

We have.

The first.

Over

all

pick.

2nd best.

member 116861

You Seth Jones guys just can't accept that he is not the best in the draft, even the scouts are now agreeing that Jones is not as good as MacKinnon.

What is wrong with me thinking that Seth Jones is the best in the draft?

Ice Crusher

Apr 10, 2011
Quebec City
You Seth Jones guys just can't accept that he is not the best in the draft, even the scouts are now agreeing that Jones is not as good as MacKinnon.

I am accepting it. As a matter of fact, I would love that the Avs trade down to get their hands on Jones. But those are dreams now. I am just a little worried on how we are going to handle our D by next season and seasons after that...which I don't see a lot of possibility of getting better down there.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

The term is "Best Player Available" is open to interpretation.

Why can't he or I still believe Seth Jones is the BPA? There's nothing wrong with that. Why do the people who believe Seth Jones is the BPA have to change their opinion based on some scouts?

I have accepted the idea of drafting MacKinnon, and I look forward to seeing him light up the scoreboard...still doesn't mean that I still don't believe that Seth Jones is the BPA.

Again, there's nothing wrong with that.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
It was mentioned on the draft ranking special, but something like only three times in the past 30 years has the number one overall pick been moved. Each time it was by the same GM.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I'm assuming Roy has seen that O'reilly has done well as a winger while Duchene has only thrived as a center.

TBH I'd much rather keep O'reilly at center and move Stas to Mack's wing:

McGinn - duchene - PAP
stasnty - mack - jones
landy - oreilly - downie
My point has nothing to do with that. Some things should be handled privately first before being made public to avoid to blindside a player.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Here is a crazy idea...

How about we let people have their opinions on players without acting like they are dead wrong just because we are picking one over the other.

Seth Jones is very good and very talented
Nathan Mackinnon is very good and very talented
Jonathon Drouin is very good and very talented
Aleksander Barkov is very good and very talented.

Do we see a trend yet? Let people have their preferences.

Back to fun stuff...I cannot wait for Sunday. I have a networking final tomorrow and just want it to be done so I can focus even more on the draft.

I really hope we see some trades but not for #1 overall =P

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I think you are underestimating the professionalism of hockey players. This is the NHL, not the NBA, where players are deciding who the next coach of a franchise is going to be.

O'Reilly will play wherever Roy asks him to, and he'll do it without complaining regardless whether it was announced publicly first or one-on-one first.
I have no doubt that RoR will play where he is told. As I said before my point is more along the line that some things should be handled privately first before being made public to avoid to blindside a player and risking it to backfire. Especially with a player you just had a contract dispute with and you hope to gain back his loyalty, trust or whatever you want to call it. It is just good practice. Again I don't think he will have a problem playing with Matt but he might have a "small" problem with learning about in the media. That's all I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad