2013 D-Core Overhaul

faulkingdynamic

J Troll
Oct 4, 2006
Raleigh NC
outside of some obvious gaffe's, over the years jr is actually pretty solid at finding d - his limits with budget are usually the downfall. melichar and babs fit the low budget we were at. seids and allen out priced themselves. we are facing that again with any "rebuild" of the d. we dont have much to spend without sending money out, and that will limit us. i think thats why jr is setting us up by using allen's name repeatedly. he's looking for role players. we are hoping for better, hes telling us to not bother. we need a jackman or a komi, at reasonable prices. as usual, it'll be an interesting summer. he's promised changes, but isn't as well armed as he was last summer to get them done.

There are well priced dmen of some quality available every year and we usually pass on all of them to try to hit a homerun with a salary min guy or bringing back someone we are familiar hoping they will be better than when we had them last. We've routinely passed on cheapish(2 mil) guys that would have helped the group like Zanon or Clark or Boullion or refused to jump into the trade market to acquire middle of the road guys that would have been an ugrade like Fistric or Niskanen or Grossman. We could have pulled any of the three Stars i just mentioned for minimal assets as they were trying to offload them and were essentially only shopping them to the eastern conference. And even if we gave Grossman the deal Philly did, he would still be making less than Gleason. We cant keep spending in the bottom 10 on defensemen without growing any internally and hoping for different results. Under the new CBA this team could spend to the cap and still make money if they made the playoffs. And its what needs to be done to right the ship.

Citizen Cane

Honoring AAC/11th AF
Oct 25, 2006
The OC
I forget, which part of the cycle are we in now, the 'we need puck-movers' or the 'we need gritty toughness' one? :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad