2013 CSR List

ClemQ

Jun 14, 2012
I agree , I think Tower is a good player, a lot Atlantic kids never get ranked where they should.Most Atlantic kids never get scouted as much as the Quebec players do except by the Maritime teams ,when 2/3 of the teams are based in Quebec that would be expected.If you took the top 100 ranked players how much difference would there be between them, maybe not much except for the top 10 players.There will be kids rise and fall come draft day.

jmo

All the atlantic kids get scouted just as much. I believe 16 or 17 of the Q teams have atlantic scouts. You would be hard pressed to go watch a NS/NB or PEI Midget AAA game with no Q scout in the stands.
I think people think the CSR is something different than what it actually is. It's not some sort of authority on scouting or hockey. The people running the CSR are scouts. Most of them have scouted for teams in the past. Actually, Sheerbrooke's complete scouting and management staff is basically the people that ran the CSR the previous 3-4 years.
So having said that....how do scouts rank players? It's all based on that person's opinion. The CSR have their opinion and each team will have their own list as well. I have been scouting for 7 years, and i can guarantee you that no teams use the CSR list as a method of ranking players. The biggest role the CSR play is selling the LJHMQ as an option to players and families, as well as making sure every eligible player that could be drafted is on the list in order to make them available. Every major Tournament, the CSR is there and making presentations to all the players and families about the value of the league, the education plan, the league educational grant packages, etc..etc.

people have to stop acting as if it's "oh poor atlantic canadians", bla bla bla. If they are good enough, they get drafted. Every year there are kids that dont get drafted that should and vice versa. Quebecers and Atlantic canadians. That's the nature of drafts at such a young age. The exact process is repeated in the NHL - and by that i mean players getting drafted when they shouldnt and some dont get drafted....

localfan

Jul 9, 2011
The only problem I see with the CSR list is those few individuals determine whether a player can be drafted. If they are not on the list, then...too bad.

Hockey Buff

Aug 18, 2011
The only problem I see with the CSR list is those few individuals determine whether a player can be drafted. If they are not on the list, then...too bad.

Not true....teams are given time to send a request to add players they want to see on the list before the final one is published.

ClemQ

Jun 14, 2012
Not true....teams are given time to send a request to add players they want to see on the list before the final one is published.

exactly, the teams decide who is eligible to be drafted. The CSR scouts cross their list with teams in terms of who is on their list. Teams are then given an opportunity at the end of the season to add players to the list.
If a player is not on the list, that means that there is not 1 scout throughout the winter who is entered a report on that player in the scouting software that is used by all the Q teams.

If not 1 scout has noticed him enough to write him up.....sorry, but that's not a good player being overlooked for the most part.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
exactly, the teams decide who is eligible to be drafted. The CSR scouts cross their list with teams in terms of who is on their list. Teams are then given an opportunity at the end of the season to add players to the list.
If a player is not on the list, that means that there is not 1 scout throughout the winter who is entered a report on that player in the scouting software that is used by all the Q teams.

If not 1 scout has noticed him enough to write him up.....sorry, but that's not a good player being overlooked for the most part.

From what I'm understanding , it wouldn't matter anyways cause the scout's team wouldn't know of the player...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad