2013 CSR List

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Maybe the most predictable top 4 of all time? lol we knew those guys were the top all year now

Surprised Sprong wasn't 5th but he's 6th so it's not a significant drop, the guys who saw him as #1 will be surprised lol. Also not that surprised Deschenes is late first round (15th)

It's the rest of the list I'm looking forward to

localfan

Jul 9, 2011
I went on the Q site but I couldn't find that 1st Round page anywhere! That site is horrible LOL

Hockey Buff

Aug 18, 2011
Maybe the most predictable top 4 of all time? lol we knew those guys were the top all year now

Surprised Sprong wasn't 5th but he's 6th so it's not a significant drop, the guys who saw him as #1 will be surprised lol. Also not that surprised Deschenes is late first round (15th)

I have a funny feeling that if Sprong played midget AAA all season he would be #1 or #2. This kid can play.....

ClemQ

Jun 14, 2012

Bingo! And i have been saying all year that Deschenes was not a top pick either.... Not surprised that Thomson is ahead of him. I would not be shocked one bit if Deschenes slips to the second round. Not any surprises from my perspective in that list.

Hockey Buff

Aug 18, 2011
Bingo! And i have been saying all year that Deschenes was not a top pick either.... Not surprised that Thomson is ahead of him. I would not be shocked one bit if Deschenes slips to the second round. Not any surprises from my perspective in that list.

Deschenes has all of the tools. I question if the kid really wants to play. His GAFF(Give A ****** Factor) is really low. Maybe he needs a break to get the passion back into his game.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009

I still see him going in the 10-18 range. He was just so overhyped but he's still a good first round pick in the Q draft

NBHockey

finish your checks
Jan 12, 2012
New Brunswick
Deschenes has all of the tools. I question if the kid really wants to play. His GAFF(Give A ****** Factor) is really low. Maybe he needs a break to get the passion back into his game.

How was he in the Gatorade Challenge? I wish some ppl who were there would give some details... LOL.

All I know was NB did better than NS and that NB gave the Quebec teams all they could handle... anyone got more detail than that???

ClemQ

Jun 14, 2012

if his GAFF (that's the best acronym i've seen yet!!) is an issue now, a break wont fix it. Maybe temporarily, but not to the level that it has to be in order to consistently perform at the higher levels. If you give a kid a candy bar, it will stop the crying....but only temporarily.
He could be debated to no end, but i will say this. If i had multiple picks in the first, i would not hesitate taking him in a minute, knowing that his success is not mandatory. If i have only 1 pick in the 1st round, with the amount of great dmen available, i'm not risking it on him. I'd be going with someone who has played well and progressed this year. Two things that he has not been able to do much of this year.

Hockey Buff

Aug 18, 2011
if his GAFF (that's the best acronym i've seen yet!!) is an issue now, a break wont fix it. Maybe temporarily, but not to the level that it has to be in order to consistently perform at the higher levels. If you give a kid a candy bar, it will stop the crying....but only temporarily.
He could be debated to no end, but i will say this. If i had multiple picks in the first, i would not hesitate taking him in a minute, knowing that his success is not mandatory. If i have only 1 pick in the 1st round, with the amount of great dmen available, i'm not risking it on him. I'd be going with someone who has played well and progressed this year. Two things that he has not been able to do much of this year.

Some really good D available. Some kids weren't invited to the event.

NBHockey

finish your checks
Jan 12, 2012
New Brunswick

That being said, he was still the best 97 DMan we saw in the Midget league this year. Had Thompson been in the league perhaps he would have shown he was better than Deschense. Like Adam I am interested in the other rounds, the first round was very predictable. Anyone think the NB kids will move up the rankings? Will NS kids go down?

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
That being said, he was still the best 97 DMan we saw in the Midget league this year. Had Thompson been in the league perhaps he would have shown he was better than Deschense. Like Adam I am interested in the other rounds, the first round was very predictable. Anyone think the NB kids will move up the rankings? Will NS kids go down?

Philippe Myers was excellent last weekend, played a very physical game in the 3rd place game vs NFLD.

NBHockey

finish your checks
Jan 12, 2012
New Brunswick
Philippe Myers was excellent last weekend, played a very physical game in the 3rd place game vs NFLD.

I heard he was very good also, I also heard Tompkins and Ward were very good. What was your take on them?

Heard Paul had a slow start but got better as it went, how was he?

ClemQ

Jun 14, 2012
i expect myers going alot sooner than most expect. There is too much upside, and he's a kid that has only started to show what he can do. He has good size and once he fills out, he could be a monster to play against!

localfan

Jul 9, 2011

Why would the NS kids go down? Are they not as good as the NB kids? Just wondering what you meant by that comment?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad