Speculation: 2013 Armchair GM Thread Part VI

Rickety Cricket

Mar 8, 2006
Not Kent Huskins
What random topics shall we discuss?

If they tracked Corsi back then, do you think Bobby Hull would have a high one?

How was Brian Bellows' PDO in 1992?

Was Jim Carey a system goalie?

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012

We should talk about whether you live in your grandma's basement or a dumpster. IMHO it's the dumpster.:P

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!

Yea, that time of year. We need some creative threads on specific topics to get us 6 weeks till camp talk...

No on Bobby.

Awesome on Bellows PDO.

I liked Carey in "the mask" all those fancy dancing moves :sarcasm:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Here's a topic...if next season was a wrestler, who would it be? Hulk Hogan? CM Punk? Barry Horowitz?

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Is there any reason Pavelski would be on the trade block? (im not sure why he'd be, unless there was a decision that he wasn't going to be re-signed)

If so, is there any basis for a Pavelski for Vanek type of trade? (is goal scoring winger a need)

Just trying to gauge based on Sabres board discussion regarding the same.

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
Is there any reason Pavelski would be on the trade block? (im not sure why he'd be, unless there was a decision that he wasn't going to be re-signed)

If so, is there any basis for a Pavelski for Vanek type of trade? (is goal scoring winger a need)

Just trying to gauge based on Sabres board discussion regarding the same.

They only reason he would be on the trade block is if he is asking more than we want to pay or he doesn't want to re-sign here. A Pavelski for Vanek trade doesn't make any sense because then we will be in the same situation with Vanek. If we trade Pavelski it will likely be for a young winger+.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
even vanek at 50% isnt worth it. he will probably get a nice chunk of change in FA. very small chance he doesnt turn out to be a rental. at this point im okay with overpaying pavs because i dont see a lot of options out there.

if they pull off a pavs for wheeler type trade though, im all for it.

maybe we can do a 3 year 6.5 mill for pavs and move him next season. that way we could see what we have in hertl.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
even vanek at 50% isnt worth it. he will probably get a nice chunk of change in FA. very small chance he doesnt turn out to be a rental. at this point im okay with overpaying pavs because i dont see a lot of options out there.

if they pull off a pavs for wheeler type trade though, im all for it.

maybe we can do a 3 year 6.5 mill for pavs and move him next season. that way we could see what we have in hertl.

Would be fine with all/any of that, or even 5 years for 6 M. What I really want is a little more certainty. Sign Pavs if we can, if not, trade him before the season (not at TDL). He is one of our most valuable pieces, future success relies on what DW does over the next few months (which scares all of us, I believe).

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
yea our entire current core is about the hit UFA. basically all 30 and up and 1 year out. whether we like it or not it kills trade value.

its indeed worrisome. could be easy to mess it up.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
id at least give him starts on back to backs. no harm there for me. a lot is going to depend on our seeding etc as well. if there is a cushion id give him a start. its just asinine to ride niemi like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad