2013-2014 Training Camp Thread (Final Impressions Time - Countdown to Opening Night)

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
The one year, two-way is mandated by the CBA. All they could negotiate was the amount.

will be be an RFA next summer or are the rules different in cases like this? I will be happy if he is now our property until he's UFA eligible

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Is it looking like Hutton is going to be back up for you guys or will it be someone else?

Good luck this year!

I think it's likely; his preseason stats are mediocre (~870 SV% IIRC), but the defense as a whole has been pretty mediocre as we've played some younger guys and tested out pairings. There are some rumors about us asking around Jose Theodore, but I am not a fan of Mr. Three or Four really.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I think it's likely; his preseason stats are mediocre (~870 SV% IIRC), but the defense as a whole has been pretty mediocre as we've played some younger guys and tested out pairings. There are some rumors about us asking around Jose Theodore, but I am not a fan of Mr. Three or Four really.

He has now signed in the KHL.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
Just had my fantasy draft pool tonight and picked up Seth Jones. I think he has a really bright future. He did make the team right? How do you guys feel as Preds fans he will do?

Honestly, he's looked very cool, calm, and collective. Very steady so far. He will surely make mistakes but he didn't look out of place during the preseason. Not sure how much he'll try to show any offensively yet though.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
Is it looking like Hutton is going to be back up for you guys or will it be someone else?

Good luck this year!

He has made the team out of training camp, so unless he's just disastrous in his first few starts, he will be the #2 guy.

will be be an RFA next summer or are the rules different in cases like this? I will be happy if he is now our property until he's UFA eligible

Moser is still subject to the ELC system (which is why he could only sign a one-year deal) because of his age, so he'll be an RFA next year unless we don't qualify him. He'll be 25 in March.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
This from the TSN website about our team. Ranked 27 at this time.

Scoring will be an issue but, not unlike the Coyotes, the Predators have predicated their success on the play of G Pekka Rinne and D Shea Weber. The rest of the team is solid enough but lacks game-breakers, though adding players like D Seth Jones in the draft and LW Filip Forsberg at last year's trade deadline increases the long-term upside.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Final opening night roster (Moser sent down):

Forwards (13): Gabriel Bourque, Rich Clune, Matt Cullen, Mike Fisher, Filip Forsberg, Paul Gaustad, Matt Hendricks, Patric Hornqvist, David Legwand, Eric Nystrom, Craig Smith, Nick Spaling and Colin Wilson.

Defensemen (7): Victor Bartley, Mattias Ekholm, Ryan Ellis, Seth Jones, Roman Josi, Kevin Klein and Shea Weber.

Goaltenders (2): Carter Hutton and Pekka Rinne.

Injured Reserve (1): Viktor Stalberg.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/predators/2013/09/30/preds-finalize-opening-night-roster/

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
So what was the reasoning that one of Moser or Beck could not stay up until the Ads season started? There was the roster spot with Stalberg being on IR.

Gabriel Landeskog

Aug 25, 2006
For fantasy purposes wondering will Clune get much playing time? Its a deep league so just looking for another PIM/Hit player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad