2013-2014 Mid West/Central Pre Season Rankings.

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
:stars got better today. They lack depth but have some players that have potential to easily be better than anyone on the Jets offensively.

:avs has a lot of young talent up front, is out of the realm of possibility for Duchene, O'Reilly, Landeskog, and Varmalov to take a step forward? Mackinnon could have a nice rookie season. Tanguay is an upgrade on Jones. Is Stastny moved for some help on D?

:nashville is going to play well defensively and receive great goaltending. Pretty hard to count them out even if they have trouble scoring.

:wild has a lot of proven talent and young guys with some experience like Coyle, Zucker, Granlund, Brodin (get even better), and Nino who could breakout.

:blues is going to be good, they are deep.

:hawks are the defending champs.

:jets Is Pavelec near the bottom of the league again and can Montoya spell him and stay healthy? What are we expecting out of Buff? Can Ollie play meaningful minutes? Does Shiefele start the year as the #2 centre? Does Burmi sign and what are we expecting from him? Is Ladd a near PPG player again? Kane should up his game a little more this season (if we find him some line mates). Bogo and Enstrom will be solid. Do Postma and Redmond take a step forward? Little will be solid and Wheeler will be good.

ALOT is dependent on how free agency plays out, but we IMO have a lot of questions and played in a weak division last year...

I could see

CHI
STL
MIN/NSH/DAL
COL/WPG

just as easily as I could

CHI
STL
WPG/NSH/MIN
DAL/COL

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Nashville and Colorado both have huge holes that will keep them from the playoffs. Nashville has the worst forwards in the league, and Colorado has the worst D. We have 4 forwards better than Nashville's best forward. 3 D better than Colorado's best D man. Both teams lack serious depth.

St. Louis and Chicago are both teams that are cup contenders.

I think it'll come down to Minnesota, Dallas and us going for two spots. Kinda sucks knowing even if we make it we have a good chance at having a match up against Chicago pretty early. They're going to be a contender for awhile.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
We'd often struggle with Carolina or Florida on a Tuesday night. Gonna have to raise the compete level against Chicago, St. Louis, Minnesota, Dallas, even a not so talented but hard-working and system-tight Nashville team.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
Figured it would be fun to start up a discussion on our new division foes and how we see ourselves stack up vs them. My opinion

1. Chicago
2. St Louis
3. Nashville
4. Minnesota
5. Dallas
6. Winnipeg
7. Colorado

What do you guys think???

Before the moves Dallas made today, I would have said we were ahead of them, but me I think your list is pretty accurate. We may even be in tough against Colorado.

There is still time to add the right personnel, but we are even farther behind now than we were this morning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad