Confirmed with Link: 2013-14 Training Camp Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
sure looked like it during the boston game...we're really slow in the neutral zone.

Good point. This is where speed, as opposed to quickness, is noticeable.
We have some players that are quick and skilled. But in transition speed matters.
As a team, the habs drove a transition game by having D-men who moved the
puck very aggressivly. But our forwards are not fast.

ottawahabs

Jul 22, 2013
Im curious about the Tinordi fight rumour as well. I tried to find info on it with no success outside of these forum posts, which makes me wonder because I feel like montreal media would be all over it... Unless they're all too busy writting about Leblanc :p

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Good point. This is where speed, as opposed to quickness, is noticeable.
We have some players that are quick and skilled. But in transition speed matters.
As a team, the habs drove a transition game by having D-men who moved the
puck very aggressivly. But our forwards are not fast.

In general our forwards are as fast as any in the NHL. The slowest skating guy in the top 9 is probably Desharnais and he is quick and deceptively fast.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Im curious about the Tinordi fight rumour as well. I tried to find info on it with no success outside of these forum posts, which makes me wonder because I feel like montreal media would be all over it... Unless they're all too busy writting about Leblanc :p

Chill, everybody. There were absolutely no fights today.

I heard the very beginning of this rumour at 98.5 tonight. It's all about Tinordi and Prust having great 1 on 1 battles along the board. As usual, McGuire, who can't even get the LW/RW right in this lineup after 10 years of commenting the games, expressed himself badly and started saying "Prust et Tinordi se sont battus... dans des bagarres à un contre un le long des rampes... ils bataillaient..."

Everything to say it's a whole bunch of crap.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Really digging Bournival-Galchenyuk-McCarron!

Galchenyuk-Briere-McCarron would also be a lot of fun to watch, very balanced. We could end up having an interesting preseason if the coaches are willing to change it up. Pacioretty-Desharnais :shakehead

I agree. That line of Bournival-Galchenyuk-Mac would be dynamic on offense. The Habs would not have to worry about crashing the net.

Give Mac a year in the O and this line will be fun to watch next season.

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
Chill, everybody. There were absolutely no fights today.

I heard the very beginning of this rumour at 98.5 tonight. It's all about Tinordi and Prust having great 1 on 1 battles along the board. As usual, McGuire, who can't even get the LW/RW right in this lineup after 10 years of commenting the games, expressed himself badly and started saying "Prust et Tinordi se sont battus... dans des bagarres à un contre un le long des rampes... ils bataillaient..."

Everything to say it's a whole bunch of crap.

So it was a translation issue?

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
They're still replacing 2 guys that are faster then them. I understand the Parros situation as we need an enforcer but Murray after watching all of the Pens playoffs not sure he is a good fit. He kills penalties but 5 on 5 he is slow as hell and will be caught with plenty of "holding" penalties

Dont underestimate Murray's hockey sense.

I did a quick check to see his PIMs for Pittsburgh last season.

In 14 games, he had 9 PIM averaging 18 minutes a game. I think its safe to assume that 5 of those PIM were for a fight. So he committed two minors in 14 games while with the Penguins.

Not too bad for a slow guy.

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
Give Mac a year in the O and this line will be fun to watch next season.

I don't get why people want to rush our prospects. Its failed us everytime, from Guilluame to Sergei, to O'Byrne to Price, to Leblanc.

PK did his time in Hamilton and he is a generational talent, Mac or Tinordi aren't generational talents, they need time to season, to learn to respect what it takes to be a pro, the work you have to do. Pleks did his time in Hamilton and look where it got him compared to people like Latendresse who showed MORE talent at 19 than Pleks did.

PK is a fanatic, look at how much he works out in the summer. Same thing with Galchenyuk, he is known for being a gym rat, that is what makes them so good. The same thing was said about Crosby in his 2nd year, everyone talked about his tree trunk legs.

You didn't hear that about Ovechkin in his 2nd year. I remember watching Crosby cry after losing in the Stanley Cup Finals but the next year he won it. He cared that much about losing that he realized how much work you have to put in to have success.

You don't hear those kinds of stories about Mike McCaron or Tinordi. That doesn't mean they can't or won't make it but give them time to learn the good habits it takes to be successful so when they get here, they know how special it is and how hard they have to work to stay here. I don't want anymore one hit wonders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad