Speculation: 2013-14 Trade Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarsFan06

Jan 2, 2014
Texas
Possibility of a Another Blockbuster Trade I

Could the Stars pull off another blockbuster with prospects or draft picks.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
He's our best offensive d

I think there's an argument that Connauton is becoming that. He's more in the Philipe Boucher mode, with the booming shot and roving ability rather than passing the puck but the guy seems to make good calls on when to pinch and unlike Daley when he rushes the puck it usually results in a scoring chance as opposed to a shot off the glass and out.

Goligoski can and does do some good things but holy god he can't play 25+ minutes a night if you want the team to win.

Brand New Stars

Well he wouldn't be playing that much if there weren't so many injuries on the defense.

Al Core

May 21, 2011
Illinois
I think we need to call Oleksiak up

tumblr_mi1mtbOJqE1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

MetalGodAOD*

Better then Goligoski:D:laugh::D

Not true. Goligoski had a rough game against MTL but he's played pretty well the past few games. And you run the risk of ruining Oleksiak's development by putting him in positions he's not ready for.

Brand New Stars

I'd say Oleksiak was pretty easily our worst dman when he was up.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I'd rather see John Klingberg come over cold than see Oleksiak back up this year. Kid was just awful. Oh and yeah I'd rather see Goligoski than Jordie Benn if those were my options. I just don't want to see Goligoski playing 20+ minutes a night. Especially when Gaunce, who had a good game only got 10:30 something. That's poor coaching on Ruff's part and it blew up in his face at the end of the game.

Would you trade Goligoski straight up for Josh Bailey? Both have been not good.

Verbal Kint

Oct 9, 2007
Besides, has Kulikov shown enough on the ice to be worth us giving away Eakin? I haven't watched him all that much, but from all accounts the answer is no.

Well, if you haven't seen him, what are these accounts? I've watched him and he still looks like a defender who could (and probably will) turn into very solid top pairing defenceman who can handle 20+ minutes and play PK + PP. Let's also remember that in NHL it takes longer for young defencemen to develop into their prime, compared to forwards.

Eakin has already proven himself to be a good/decent two-way 2nd line center - at the least. He could turn in to a very good 2nd line center with a slight improvement in numbers.

I disagree- he has not proven himself a good 2nd line center. I would say he has proven himself a good 2-way 3rd line center. Eakin is still very inconsistent with his point production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad