Line Combos: 2013/14 Roster

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'd give Dubi his same exact contract every day of the week if he plays the way he did in the abbreviated season. Umberger, not so much.

Agreed. Dubi is worth every penny. Both are valuable players away from the puck, but with the puck Dubi is like the anti-Umby. He keeps plays alive and controls play, even if he looks awkward doing so.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Interesting that the Depth Chart on the CBJ website is showing Cam Atkinson as the second line LEFT winger. That's clearly where we need a stud goal scorer - on the left side. Center and right wing looks pretty good. Defense looks good and Bob is in net.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
What would your lines be like now?

I'll edit this post with mine in a little bit. I am having trouble with where to put guys on the 3rd and 4th lines. We couldn't do this, but I would love to see:

Jenner - Johansen - Horton
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Gaborik

Jenner - Johansen - Horton
Foligno - Anisimov/Dubinsky - Gaborik
Calvert/Umberger - Dubinsky/Anisimov - Atkinson
Umberger/Calvert - MacKenzie/Letestu - Tropp/Letestu

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
You've probably all seen my line proposal many times now, but just to get it on record here:

Jenner-Johansen-Horton
Foligno-Anisimov-Gaborik
Calvert/Umberger-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Mackenzie-Letestu-Tropp/Umberger

If Coach Richards is serious about loading up a top line of:

Horton-Johansen-Gaborik

then maybe try:

Foligno-Anisimov-Letestu
Jenner-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Calvert-Mackenzie-Umberger

Though if this can't get Anisimov back on track I insist we put him with Gaborik. When he's on our centre lineup is outstanding, but he's been off-game all year.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Addendum:

Coach Richards is working Gaborik in on the fourth line with red hot D-Mac and Letestu.

Portzline: Go fire up your Tweetbox, Punky. Those were power play lines. Richards didn't show lines. But some dressing room sleuthing has revealed that you will get your wish. Gaborik will open on a line with Letestu and MacKenzie. Comeau and Tropp scratched. Other lines stay intact. Richards agrees with you.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Addendum:

Coach Richards is working Gaborik in on the fourth line with red hot D-Mac and Letestu.

Portzline: Go fire up your Tweetbox, Punky. Those were power play lines. Richards didn't show lines. But some dressing room sleuthing has revealed that you will get your wish. Gaborik will open on a line with Letestu and MacKenzie. Comeau and Tropp scratched. Other lines stay intact. Richards agrees with you.

This works fine at the outset. Comeau and Tropp scratched, play your best twelve... No Catch-22 here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad