Line Combos: 2013/14 Roster

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Bravo, comparing a defensive defensemen to what is supposed to be a 25 goal 2 way forward.

I don't know what to tell you, other than this year in a lockout shortened season he has averaged 20 goals. Yes he got hot at the end of last season to get to the 20, he still got there. Just because he doesn't score when you all please him to, doesn't mean he's a waste of a player.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
God I hope RJ comes to camp in shape and ready to kick ass and take names. He's gone from being whipping boy to the leprous letch that people love to kick while he's down. He's not been as good as we've needed him to be the past few seasons, there's no denying it. But why can't we hope he gets better instead of reveling in his failures? Oh yeah. We're hf boards.

Whatever. I think I just need to go to bed and wake up when the season begins.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Bravo, comparing a defensive defensemen to what is supposed to be a 25 goal 2 way forward.

When discussing the "number of things" a player "did right" (and yes of course it's a ridiculous idea), I'd think it wouldn't matter the position.

God I hope RJ comes to camp in shape and ready to kick ass and take names. He's gone from being whipping boy to the leprous letch that people love to kick while he's down. He's not been as good as we've needed him to be the past few seasons, there's no denying it. But why can't we hope he gets better instead of reveling in his failures? Oh yeah. We're hf boards.

Whatever. I think I just need to go to bed and wake up when the season begins.

Want us to wake you up when September ends?

RBarRegular

May 20, 2009
Senecaville
RJ's goal that tied the Avalanche game in mid April was a huge goal, one of the biggest of the season.

That said, no slow start for RJ this year. Hit the ground running October 4.

Go Jackets!

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
I don't know what to tell you, other than this year in a lockout shortened season he has averaged 20 goals. Yes he got hot at the end of last season to get to the 20, he still got there. Just because he doesn't score when you all please him to, doesn't mean he's a waste of a player.

20 Goals is nice and well but his constant slow starts are becoming incredibly annoying.

Before that incredible stretch to end the season, we had 8 games in late February where the team lost 6 1-goal games. Maybe if Umberger (who's counted on to score) comes ready to play last season, plots a goal somewhere during that stretch, the summer is a couple of weeks shorter.

I think he's almost out of chances given the cap situation. If 2013-14 goes anything like the last few years for Umberger, he won't be around past July.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Just once I'd love to come to a thread that doesn't become a debate about RJ's value. He's on the 13/14 team. He needs to contribute just like everyone else.

My god I hope Dubinsky doesn't suck again this year. 2 measly goals. He should be benched for Boll.

Do I need the sarcasm smiley?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Tyutin? He was leading the Jackets in points for like the first 1/4th of the season last year... Not sure where you're getting that from...

Tyutin was a bonehead in our end the first quarter of the season. There were frequent bad giveaways and missed assignments. He was a much better player in the rest of the year, even if you take into account his drop in production.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Tyutin was a bonehead in our end the first quarter of the season. There were frequent bad giveaways and missed assignments. He was a much better player in the rest of the year, even if you take into account his drop in production.
To be fair, over half the team played that way until the turnaround.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

I don't know what to tell you because I didn't and am not slamming RJ. Your analogy was severely lacking despite whatever justification DSL tried to come up with later.

You read something into my comment that wasn't there. I would suggest you don't bring your own baggage in.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Just once I'd love to come to a thread that doesn't become a debate about RJ's value. He's on the 13/14 team. He needs to contribute just like everyone else.

My god I hope Dubinsky doesn't suck again this year. 2 measly goals. He should be benched for Boll.

Do I need the sarcasm smiley?

Almost missed the last line and was going to point out that Dubi had 18 assists if i remember correctly. Carry on.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
I will likely continue to pile on RJ. For his production and that he's pretty likely been passed over as a leader on this club, his contract is an albatross. The same can be said for Dubinsky, while I like him, I will probably curse his contract too. In comparing the two I think that Dubi has far more to offer than RJ. He's captain material and has been a part of turning the culture here into a winning one. But if he doesn't perform from the start I could see him become a whipping boy. That said, I think both of these guys are going to perform off the hop.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
I will likely continue to pile on RJ. For his production and that he's pretty likely been passed over as a leader on this club, his contract is an albatross. The same can be said for Dubinsky, while I like him, I will probably curse his contract too. In comparing the two I think that Dubi has far more to offer than RJ. He's captain material and has been a part of turning the culture here into a winning one. But if he doesn't perform from the start I could see him become a whipping boy. That said, I think both of these guys are going to perform off the hop.

I'd give Dubi his same exact contract every day of the week if he plays the way he did in the abbreviated season. Umberger, not so much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad