2013-14 Providence Bruins all purpose thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver 3h
Tough stretch for Spooner and Knight. Both have gone 31 games without a goal. Includes 22 NHL & 9 AHL games for Spooner.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver 3h
Tough stretch for Spooner and Knight. Both have gone 31 games without a goal. Includes 22 NHL & 9 AHL games for Spooner.

Knight on fourth line averaging 6 minutes - whoopie fuukking *****

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
Florek with the winner in the shootout.

How good is Subban in the shootout?? Damn that kid has come a long way since the beginning of the season.

Knight watch: Quietly good again. Physical, blocks shots ... Does the things that Clooooode and Peter covet. Was out there at the end of OT and was the first shooter in the shootout (did not convert) which tells me that maybe Cassidy is coming around a little with him?

Good game and nice to get the win. And put me in the camp of now officially feeling more comfortable with Subban between the pipes than Svedberg.

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
Subban was the best player on the ice.

TRADE HIM RIGHT F___ NOW!!!

(I kid, I kid- just sharing some of the Twitter insights I get)

Actually discussed Subban yesterday with Beetle Bertrand on 98.5 Sports Hub.

Tried to explain that you don't trade a player like MS so early in his tenure unless the player(s) you're getting back such a no-brainer that you have no choice. Problem is- so early in his young career, what NHL team would pay a king's ransom for him at this stage of his development?

It's Tuukka Rask redux...Leafs thought they were stacked in net between Pogge, Rask...cavalierly gave him to Boston for a risky option in Raycroft and have been paying for it ever since.

Just because Rask is signed to his long-term deal does not mean you just move potential prime assets & take what you can get. Is there risk to Subban's value declining? Sure. But if you think he's going to develop into one of the top young prospects in hockey, you build the potential to either trade him in a few years for a much bigger return OR-- you give yourself flexibility in the event of a Rask injury or unforseen issue.

Sometimes, we forget that this game is played by humans. Maybe Rask continues to play at an elite level for all 7 years, but if he doesn't, a potential stud in Subban gives Boston the option to maybe (and this is purely hypothetical) to trade Rask in some kind of blockbuster down the road.

Again- I'm not saying *NOT* to trade Subban at all, but what I am saying is that if the Bruins trade him now, they're simply not likely to get a whole lot of value. How crappy would it be for B's fans to see him moved for a short-term gain (for the Leafs) a la Raycroft back in 2006 only to watch Subban emerge as a star tendy for someone else.

Anyway- just a thought. Continue to be amazed at the number of folks who feel that just because Rask is signed to a long-term deal it means the B's should jettison Subban in the immediate. I trust PC and co to hold the line and let it play out. After all- they have witnessed firsthand what an ace in the hole like Rask can do for you.

Last edited:

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
TRADE HIM RIGHT F___ NOW!!!

(I kid, I kid- just sharing some of the Twitter insights I get)

Actually discussed Subban yesterday with Beetle Bertrand on 98.5 Sports Hub.

Tried to explain that you don't trade a player like MS so early in his tenure unless the player(s) you're getting back such a no-brainer that you have no choice. Problem is- so early in his young career, what NHL team would pay a king's ransom for him at this stage of his development?

It's Tuukka Rask redux...Leafs thought they were stacked in net between Pogge, Rask...cavalierly gave him to Boston for a risky option in Raycroft and have been paying for it ever since.

Just because Rask is signed to his long-term deal does not mean you just move potential prime assets & take what you can get. Is there risk to Subban's value declining? Sure. But if you think he's going to develop into one of the top young prospects in hockey, you build the potential to either trade him in a few years for a much bigger return OR-- you give yourself flexibility in the event of a Rask injury or unforseen issue.

Sometimes, we forget that this game is played by humans. Maybe Rask continues to play at an elite level for all 7 years, but if he doesn't, a potential stud in Subban gives Boston the option to maybe (and this is purely hypothetical) to trade Rask in some kind of blockbuster down the road.

Again- I'm not saying *NOT* to trade Subban at all, but what I am saying is that if the Bruins trade him now, they're simply not likely to get a whole lot of value. How crappy would it be for B's fans to see him moved for a short-term gain (for the Leafs) a la Raycroft back in 2006 only to watch Subban emerge as a star tendy for someone else.

Anyway- just a thought. Continue to be amazed at the number of folks who feel that just because Rask is signed to a long-term deal it means the B's should jettison Subban in the immediate. I trust PC and co to hold the line and let it play out. After all- they have witnessed firsthand what an ace in the hole like Rask can do for you.

Kirk Great post! What I would be concerned about in regards to what level the Bruins feel about Subban is the Crazy money they gave Rask.

I love Subban and hope they dont move him for depth players.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Like Griffith but 5 second period shifts to Knights 6 seconds - although Seth has looked pretty good in the O zone

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
The shootout remains Providence's best friend, as they win 3-2 today. SO goals from Camara and Griffith. Subban stopped all the Devils' shooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad